Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2022, 10:40 AM

50,727 posts, read 36,431,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
So it's cool if your boss gives you a swirlie? I mean, big brothers have been doing things like that forever too.
A boss is not a big brother, and you're talking about adults not kids. My older brother routinely gave me "indian burns", noogies, and "why are you hitting yourself attacks". It's normal. Doesn't mean an adult should or could do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2022, 10:56 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,564,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Oh, I know. My point being this little girl was not frightened by the mask. But it has no business being used as punishment in a day care of little ones.

She wasn't frightened because she knew it was her big brother trying to scare her.

It's not the same thing at all. Not at all.

Old 10-10-2022, 04:11 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,378,652 times
They should be fired and punished and their names and faces made public. Absolutely disgusting -- using their power over those poor TODDLERS. I sometimes have no hope for this world.

Old 10-10-2022, 04:13 PM

10,068 posts, read 14,940,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
She wasn't frightened because she knew it was her big brother trying to scare her.

And any issues and the little one cries for mommy and in no time mommy comes to the rescue. The kids in the daycare probably called their mommies over and over again, but no one came to their rescue because the adults suppose to be the source of comfort and protection were too busy terrorizing them. If a parent put their kids in a daycare, they are putting their trust on the adults there that they will not harm their kids in anyway. Daycare workers should know how wrong it's to horrify kids.

Old 10-10-2022, 04:17 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,425,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
And any issues and the little one cries for mommy and in no time mommy comes to the rescue. The kids in the daycare probably called their mommies over and over again, but no one came to their rescue because the adults suppose to be the source of comfort and protection were too busy terrorrizing them. If a parent put their kids in a daycare, they are putting their trust on the adults there that they will not harm their kids in anyway. Daycare workers should know how wrong it's to horrify kids.
100% agree.

Old 10-11-2022, 12:45 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Big brothers have been doing things like that for decades if not centuries.
are we living on the same planet as you..

Old 10-11-2022, 02:09 AM

200 posts, read 109,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrannyBear View Post
They should be fired and punished and their names and faces made public. Absolutely disgusting -- using their power over those poor TODDLERS. I sometimes have no hope for this world.
When I was 2 years old, my dad used to put a sheet over his head and scare me. I don't remember it myself, but my older sister does. She remembers how scared I was.

As you can see, I grew up to be a normal person, although as a child I was afraid of the dark. Probably a result of being frightened. I don't think my dad wanted to hurt me. I probably didn't want to go to bed, and he scared me that if I didn't go to sleep, a ghost would come and take me away.

Old 10-11-2022, 08:21 AM

5,576 posts, read 6,501,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post

Would this same little girl laugh or be scared by a "trusted" day care worker doing the same thing? She would "know" the day care worker.

Some children would laugh, some would be very scared. Not all children are scared of these horrid masks. In this case, with me just reading the comments on this thread, it appears the story is about children who were scared.

Old 10-11-2022, 08:48 AM

27 posts, read 12,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
Not cool at all.
Getting fired is not enough.
A civil suit with some personal accountability is what I would want if they terrorized one of ours.
I definitely agree that she should have been fired. She has no business working with little kids, but a lawsuit? Seriously?!

What are the damages? So, being mean to people and hurting their feelings merits a lawsuit? I've had mean bosses, I was bullied as a kid, and there are some unpleasant people in my family. Should I sue them because they made me feel bad?

Old 10-11-2022, 10:05 AM

50,727 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
are we living on the same planet as you..
I'm sure most people here that have big brothers would agree with me. Or you could watch The Goldberg's or any number of sitcoms that feature siblings.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 10-11-2022 at 10:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events