Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2022, 08:05 AM

2,158 posts, read 1,441,352 times

Advertisements

50 years ago is just way too long ago. If it were me, I truly may not remember enough details to defend myself, and Warren Beatty is in his 80's now. In some cases it tarnishes a person's reputation publicly and privately. Now there will always be a doubt in people's mind regarding Beatty. I would think the woman has no chance of a real payout though, but maybe some version of it really did happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2022, 08:10 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Statue-of-limitation laws exist for a reason. How in the world is anyone supposed to defend themselves against something that allegedly happened a half-century ago? But leave it to California to do something stupid like this "lookback window" thing. I'll bet all the consternation about "me too" led to this.
Yes, there were a number of laws passed in the wake of that in California.

Old 11-10-2022, 08:12 AM

50,715 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
You've obviously not paid much attention to the news the last several years. It may eventually go 'nowhere' legally, but that's a llittle point of distinction that really doesn't matter.
My point was this isn't about California. Anyone in any state can file a lawsuit. It may go nowhere, it may get thrown out, but anyone can file a lawsuit for just about anything in any state.

Old 11-10-2022, 09:17 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
He must've really really p-ssed someone off recently for this to happening now.

Old 11-10-2022, 09:40 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
He must've really really p-ssed someone off recently for this to happening now.
Or, it may be that she never had a chance to hold the perp accountable until CA passed the "lookback window" law. Ya think?

Old 11-10-2022, 09:46 AM

510 posts, read 447,186 times
Ridiculous! Should go no where.Statute of limitations.

Old 11-10-2022, 10:11 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,139,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Or, it may be that she never had a chance to hold the perp accountable until CA passed the "lookback window" law. Ya think?
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Look, everyone's innocent til proven guilty, but Warren Beatty was quite the ladies man, back in the day, and he was quite the hot commodity.

I say it all the time, the Hollywood machine does everything they can to protect their investments when those investments are making them money. They'll settle out of court, pay people off and make them sign NDAs, discredit plaintiff's, etc.

But when a star's shine wears off, (and Beatty's shine wore off many years ago) they stop throwing money at their problems. IMO, it's similar to the situation with Bill Cosby. I remember being in my 20's and hearing rumors about him. A young lady saying how she was drugged and raped. But nothing official ever came of it, until the dude was in his 80's, and he had no power, and no Hollywood Industry lawyers covering his ass.

Old 11-10-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitive2 View Post
Ridiculous! Should go no where.Statute of limitations.
Did you read the article? The Statute of Limitations was lifted for 3 yrs. The state is deliberately encouraging this type of case by creating a legal window for it.

Old 11-10-2022, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Look, everyone's innocent til proven guilty, but Warren Beatty was quite the ladies man, back in the day, and he was quite the hot commodity.

I say it all the time, the Hollywood machine does everything they can to protect their investments when those investments are making them money. They'll settle out of court, pay people off and make them sign NDAs, discredit plaintiff's, etc.

But when a star's shine wears off, (and Beatty's shine wore off many years ago) they stop throwing money at their problems. IMO, it's similar to the situation with Bill Cosby. I remember being in my 20's and hearing rumors about him. A young lady saying how she was drugged and raped. But nothing official ever came of it, until the dude was in his 80's, and he had no power, and no Hollywood Industry lawyers covering his ass.
Reading the article, it was really gross the way he came onto her. He was 35, and she was just 14 or 15. He was very persistent, too, and even spoke to her repeatedly about her losing her virginity. That is beyond creepy! It's seriously predatory, anyone can see that. Back then (the70's) apparently girls in their early teens were considered fair game, unbeknownst to them. Roman Polanski is still a fugitive from the law for raping a 13-year-old. Back then, some men fetishized girls who were just coming into puberty. Thank heaven times have changed!

Old 11-10-2022, 10:39 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Must be why Mick Jagger and the Stones or other old Rock bands keep touring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events