Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2022, 02:21 PM

500 posts, read 359,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Why is there even a question of guilt?
From my neck of the woods.

https://www.krem.com/article/news/cr...2-901adc0326f2

Dad killed "sex trafficking"boyfriend.

Hailed as a hero. Did the right thing. GFM for his defense funds. An American hero protecting his daughter.

Believe Fox News even did an interview with the "hero".

Oh, dad is a meth user, dumped body,and police did an actual investigation and charged the American hero with murder.

Sounds like the "sex trafficker" could hardly walk and chew gum.

So if the latest hero dad was protecting his daughter why did he run off ?

I'll wait until the latest hero dad is apprehended and an investigation is done before determining who is guilty and of what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2022, 03:03 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,074,759 times
Brandishing a gun to scare someone is a very bad idea, one that could very well get you killed.
You may see it in the movies but it is wrong.

Old 11-26-2022, 03:05 PM

15,425 posts, read 7,482,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
Brandishing a gun to scare someone is a very bad idea, one that could very well get you killed.
You may see it in the movies but it is wrong.
There are millions of instances a year where merely brandishing a handgun stops the threat. I know several people who have done just that, with the response from the potential bad guy being "My mistake".

Old 11-26-2022, 09:40 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
There are millions of instances a year where merely brandishing a handgun stops the threat. I know several people who have done just that, with the response from the potential bad guy being "My mistake".
Some clarification is in order here. "Brandishing" is almost always defined as the display of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, such as intimidation. Conversely, most states have statutes or case law supporting the use of defensive display of a weapon for a lawful purpose, such as to deter an unlawful attack against oneself.

Old 11-27-2022, 08:47 AM

10,552 posts, read 7,750,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Some clarification is in order here. "Brandishing" is almost always defined as the display of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, such as intimidation. Conversely, most states have statutes or case law supporting the use of defensive display of a weapon for a lawful purpose, such as to deter an unlawful attack against oneself.
Wouldn't intimidation be the lawful purpose in such a case?

If not "brandishing", what's the appropriate word-"defensive display"? Semantics.

Old 11-27-2022, 01:40 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,488,380 times
He needs to get a good lawyer.

I will never be able to relate with her much. My father would never do anything like that for me.

As a mother though I did beat up a man at a football game who was trying to hit my daughter with his cane. I never did know why.

Old 11-27-2022, 04:04 PM

50,752 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
He needs to get a good lawyer.

I will never be able to relate with her much. My father would never do anything like that for me.

As a mother though I did beat up a man at a football game who was trying to hit my daughter with his cane. I never did know why.

Well, your father probably wasn't a meth head. They have thus far found zero evidence the girl was sex trafficked, and dad admitted he was high on meth when he did it. So he's really not father of the year regardless. In fact it probably explains daughter's attraction to low lifes.

(Link in Nevada2012's post above).

Old 11-27-2022, 05:16 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,074,759 times
Well, hmm.
Didn’t see that coming.
That said,

I don’t think meth users are capable of telling the truth.
I can’t see myself ever giving them the benefit of the doubt or following their tales with any belief.
I am so prejudiced against them I’m not qualified to judge him or to be on his jury.

Old 11-27-2022, 07:13 PM

720 posts, read 500,647 times
I'm on the same page as Nevada2012.

I know the whole "hero dad saves daughter from crazy ex-boyfriend" headline will warm the hearts of many readers, but if it was truly self-defense, why is hero dad on the run? And as far as the question of whether he was justified is concerned, I think people are missing two points. One, the girl's father shot and killed a man. Whoever is telling the story is probably going to tell it in the way most favorable to the father. Two, we might be missing the forest for the trees. Did dad have a CCW license? If not, and my suspicion is he doesn't, he's in serious trouble for even having a loaded gun on him in the first place.

Old 11-28-2022, 04:26 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,569,713 times
Who is a meth user? Aren't you people talking about a completely different case? This thread is messed up lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events