Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2023, 10:14 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
It looks like he was neglected his whole life. Never enrolled to school, probably abused by his mother for being disabled.
She has 10 kids, took 6 with her to India, left 3 with grandparents (where?) and abandoned the sick one.
If she is not US citizen, i am not sure about the international warrant. It's probably easy to disappear in a huge India. In some remote village or so. Who knows.
Her new husband is Indian. Her ex husband was deported to Mexico.
Complicated matters...

CPI contacted police and said they had spoken with several family members, who said they hadn’t seen Noel since November. Investigators ruled out the possibility of Noel being with other known family members.

They also said they tracked down his father, who said he didn’t have Noel. He told investigators he had never met Noel because he was deported before his birth. Police said Homeland Security records backed up the father’s comments.

So, if the child is not with family members...
I fear the worst.

BTW:
It sounds like another CPS negligence.
They didn't check on that child since November?
Mother had criminal record.

All lived in a small town where pretty much everyone knows everyone, even if they don't talk or are friendly.
No one noticed anything??
If she was living as a single mother (after her husband was deported) with so many kids - she was getting some welfare help, no?

More details here:
https://www.fox4news.com/news/noel-r...olice-march-28
The idea that Texas CPS was in any way able to protect this child is wishful thinking at best. There are way too many children, and way too few CPS social workers.

Do you have any idea how many children live in homes with a parent who has a criminal record?

According to a study compiled by researches at the University of Michigan, 4 in 10 US children live with a parent or adult who has faced a criminal charges. In any given year, 1 in 40 children have a parent in prison.

This study looked at data from 1999 to 2005, but there is no reason to believe anything has changed much.

https://thehill.com/changing-america...iminal-charge/

There is simply no way on God's green earth that Texas CPS workers could keep up with checking on every child living with a parent who has a criminal record. There are way too many vulnerable children, and way too few CPS social workers.

If the public wants CPS workers to do a better job of keeping an eye on vulnerable children, then they will need to drastically increase funding. What are the chances of that?

I've worked on Crisis Intervention Teams in two states and I can tell you for a fact that every CPS worker I've ever met has been overworked and overwhelmed. It is not an easy gig by any means.

We all post sad emojis when another sad tragedy occurs.

What we should be doing is demanding that funding for CPS be doubled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2023, 12:20 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
I don’t think she was married to Noel’s father

Have they discovered if they actually landed in India?
Does India have extradition agreement w/US?
Don’t think Turkey does

Old 03-30-2023, 12:54 PM

15,411 posts, read 9,044,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post

Don’t think Turkey does
The US has had an extradition treaty with Turkey since 1981 and with India since 1999.

List of United States extradition treaties - Wikipedia

Old 03-30-2023, 01:38 PM

61,629 posts, read 86,981,866 times
Update
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...273688380.html

Old 03-30-2023, 01:57 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,092,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Kid is dead, they will likely need a body before they can extradite her. Missing kid won't be enough, dead kid will.
Yeah I agree. If she would have given him to somebody else she would have told them truthfully who it was to get CPI off her back.

Bet she told the step dad she sent him to Mexico too. And I think the 11 year old & possibly 9 year old might have overheard/seen something. Still not enough to extradite but could lead them to the evidence needed to extradite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

There is simply no way on God's green earth that Texas CPS workers could keep up with checking on every child living with a parent who has a criminal record. There are way too many vulnerable children, and way too few CPS social workers.
Right but her criminal charges led to CPS involvement. She hit a telephone pole while driving drunk, with her kids in the car, which led to a CPS case & her kids had even been removed temporarily.

So there should have been follow up, at least.

Supposedly there's going to be an update in about 2 hours.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/everma...varez-march-30

Old 03-30-2023, 02:46 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
My Star telegram is now a paywall.

Any real news ?

Old 03-30-2023, 03:33 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Y...
Right but her criminal charges led to CPS involvement. She hit a telephone pole while driving drunk, with her kids in the car, which led to a CPS case & her kids had even been removed temporarily.

So there should have been follow up, at least.
Indeed there should have been, and if the children were removed from her custody, even temporarily, there had to have been a follow-up to determine that the kids were safe with her before they would have been returned.

Lots of vulnerable children should be followed up by CPS.

Do you remember that old I Love Lucy episode where Lucy and Ethel are trying to keep up with the chocolates coming down the conveyer belt?

That's a good analogy to the work of CPS social workers, doing their best to keep up with the kids already on their caseload while new ones are added constantly, some in a lot more dangerous situations that a mother who drives drunk.

The foster care system is overloaded, and at times, not much of an improvement over their home situations.

It's a mess.

We are not taking decent care of our nation's children, and it is not just the underfunded CPS system.

Old 03-30-2023, 03:53 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,083,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
My Star telegram is now a paywall.

Any real news ?
No, no one seems to have a clue. Neighbors claim they were "good" people. I remember when I think it was Jeffrey Dahmer's, the serial killer that killed all of those people, neighbors said what a nice person he was, and some old woman said he helped her carry her groceries. It is like, so what, as that has nothing to do with whether he was responsible for the deaths!

I doubt the child is alive. They had the option of giving the child up to the state. They must have been getting some sort of public assistance. We were once going to adopt from India, and the things we learned concerning unwanted children there was so sad.

They either let him die or killed him, and then fled, is my educated guess.

Old 03-30-2023, 07:01 PM

61,629 posts, read 86,981,866 times
Police chief Craig Spencer says at this time there are no substantial updates on the case at this time.
Everman police will not give an update on the search for missing 6-year-old Noel Rodriguez-Alvarez on Thursday, as previously expected.
Spencer said that investigators thoroughly and meticulously working on the investigation.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/everma...varez-march-30

Old 03-30-2023, 07:45 PM

23,859 posts, read 33,518,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post

Don’t think Turkey does

I think once people leave the US that arresting them in another country is wishful thinking. Look at the woman Shanquella Robinson, killed by her friends in Mexico after being jumped. I'll be surprised if there's an arrest in that case
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events