Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2023, 10:10 AM

13,254 posts, read 8,325,549 times

Advertisements

Here is where I contemplate the studies done on a childs brain isn't fully developed til 25.
Its been used numerous times in criminal cases when the person is young.

If that is the case then college bound students should wait til 25 to start higher education?
Teen moms should just hand over the baby for adoption ?
Those are the underlying notions set forth by these "science" studies.
That folks are not accountable because the brain isn't capable of rational decision processing?

Anyways I disagree with that concept and think this particular teen needs to be brought forth to answer for her actions.
Wonder if the baby daddy was informed of this murder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2023, 10:32 AM

102,055 posts, read 106,836,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Here is where I contemplate the studies done on a childs brain isn't fully developed til 25.
Its been used numerous times in criminal cases when the person is young.

If that is the case then college bound students should wait til 25 to start higher education?
Teen moms should just hand over the baby for adoption ?
Those are the underlying notions set forth by these "science" studies.
That folks are not accountable because the brain isn't capable of rational decision processing?

Anyways I disagree with that concept and think this particular teen needs to be brought forth to answer for her actions.
Wonder if the baby daddy was informed of this murder?
Does anyone besides the teen know who the baby daddy is? I imagine he's found out by now, from local and national media.

RE: the when to start higher education question, that's interesting. I wonder if there have been any studies done, comparing students who did a gap year between HS and college, in terms of college performance, to students who went straight to college. There are probably too many variables involved to draw a meaningful conclusion. And the idea that it may be better to wait before going to college ignores all the students who enter college at 17 and 16, and are successful in their studies.

Old 05-21-2023, 10:37 AM

16,882 posts, read 16,149,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thanks. I wondered how a full term baby would die so fast. She was only in the bathroom about 20 minutes according to a link I read.

I guess she started school late or stayed back at some point. Her mother did say she was still a student to the cops, I assumed college.

I agree, she easily could have adopted out the baby if that's what she wanted.
She's apparently going to graduate from HS in the coming week.

What she did was so bizarre. The hospital had given her a pregnancy test which came back positive and she was told by the hospital staff that she was in labor. Yet, she still went into the bathroom and tried to hide the birth. And the way she hid the baby by putting a new trash bag over the baby was pretty calculated.

I just don't know how she thought she would be able to get away with it.

Old 05-21-2023, 10:41 AM

16,882 posts, read 16,149,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Does anyone besides the teen know who the baby daddy is? I imagine he's found out by now, from local and national media.

RE: the when to start higher education question, that's interesting. I wonder if there have been any studies done, comparing students who did a gap year between HS and college, in terms of college performance, to students who went straight to college. There are probably too many variables involved to draw a meaningful conclusion. And the idea that it may be better to wait before going to college ignores all the students who enter college at 17 and 16, and are successful in their studies.
Apparently the baby's father is aware of what happened and is being supportive of her.

She was in HS, not college. I somehow doubt that this girl was planning to go to college, but who knows..

Old 05-21-2023, 10:49 AM

401 posts, read 266,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I can't imagine walking into a HS and attending classes after doing what she did.
I know..and she's 19 but still a high school senior?

Old 05-21-2023, 11:24 PM

10,819 posts, read 7,187,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8t3rs View Post
sad. I hope she serves life in prison
How compassionate you are.

Old 05-22-2023, 08:30 AM

401 posts, read 266,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
How compassionate you are.
Did she show her innocent child compassion

Old 05-22-2023, 08:34 AM

35,911 posts, read 30,461,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post

What she did was so bizarre. The hospital had given her a pregnancy test which came back positive and she was told by the hospital staff that she was in labor. Yet, she still went into the bathroom and tried to hide the birth. And the way she hid the baby by putting a new trash bag over the baby was pretty calculated.

I just don't know how she thought she would be able to get away with it.
I find that off as well. Thinking back, way back, to when I went to the hospital in labor. If I had to get up to go to the bathroom there was a nurse right there checking on you every 15 seconds. Why did they not take her to labor, usually a bathroom in the labor room. Why would they let an obviously distressed and disturbed young woman in labor go to the bathroom alone for 20 minutes.

Old 05-22-2023, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyYa80s View Post
Did she show her innocent child compassion
Watching the video it is obvious the girl had some sort of mental issue. She denied she was pregnant and seemed if she was not in reality.

Old 05-22-2023, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyYa80s View Post
I know..and she's 19 but still a high school senior?
That is not unusual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events