Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM

61,940 posts, read 87,554,606 times

Advertisements

Muluwork Ambaw, a 26-year-old woman from Ethiopia, claims to have gone the last 16 years of her life without eating or drinking anything.
She shunned food forever one day when she was only 10 years old, after her appetite vanished out of the blue (she also hasn’t had to use that toilet during that time).
She was examined by several doctors and doctors at a hospital in Addis Ababa did confirm that there was no evidence of any food in her intestines at the time of the examination.
However, although she is not eating or drinking, she is otherwise a healthy, young woman. Good looking too.

This is not the only phenomenon, though - 75-year-old woman from India, claims that she hasn’t consumed a grain of rice, or any other solid food in the last 60 years. Apart from one banana a week – eaten only occasionally – she survives on water and tea alone.
She raised a total of five children, and also worked in the fields alongside her husband.

There are more examples (mostly living in India) of people surviving years without food or drink, or both. Those cases are definitely unique, and unexplainable, in the medical world.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/Intern...ry?id=10787036

Not sure what to think about them, but their stories aren't debunked, yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:10 PM

2,082 posts, read 1,614,184 times
If she really had not eaten or drunk anything for years, I think she would be dead. She probably has a liquid diet.

Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 27 days ago)

35,752 posts, read 18,101,092 times
I'm struggling to believe this, although I found stories of this woman as far back as 2016. There's a Getty image of her.

Interestingly, I can't find any reputable sources carrying this story, including a Medical Journal, or a recognized MSM.

And her house is full of food and she has a vegetable garden, because she wants to cook for other people.

Old Yesterday, 02:17 PM

5,478 posts, read 8,214,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Not sure what to think about them, but their stories aren't debunked, yet.
Why would anybody take the time to debunk stories about things that obviously are impossible?

Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM

78,674 posts, read 60,867,104 times
Claims like this have been around for a very long time and well, scroll down and read the stories, mostly just scams or religious, mystic type claims to make a buck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inedia

Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM

17,470 posts, read 16,647,402 times
The human body is around 50% water. She has been sweating for the past 16 years but has never replaced a drop of water?

I find that very hard to believe.

Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM

10,621 posts, read 7,839,052 times
Yeah, I'm not buying any of it.

What's the attraction of these stories anyway? Sure, most people eat more than they need in developed countries. Going in the opposite direction isn't a good move either.

Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM

23,447 posts, read 19,085,388 times
Maybe she's an epiphyte in disguise. Absorbed everything she needed to maintain metabolism from the surrounding air. One problem...epiphytes aren't parasites. They don't extract anything from the tree they attach themselves to. Somehow I suspect people who claim to never eat or drink are parasites, at least on the easily fooled and gullible.

Old Yesterday, 03:36 PM

743 posts, read 480,341 times
I don’t believe this story. Every once in a while we hear of these sketchy stories from third world countries that just don’t make any common sense at all. From a medical/scientific standpoint it certainly can’t be true.

Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM

78,674 posts, read 60,867,104 times
Reminds me of the "levitating" yogas that basically jump in the air and claim levitation.

It's a universal issue though. Look at people buying Dr. Petersons magic elixir in the wild west, cures most everything.

But hey, make sure you drink your

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radithor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events