Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 08:57 AM

16,637 posts, read 8,643,686 times

Advertisements

I am not sure this is the right section to figure out a dilemma I have. There is a concert in a couple of weeks that we bought tickets for via Ticketmaster.
Unfortunately, now we cannot attend due to a scheduling conflict I cannot get out of.
Ticketmaster said the tickets are non-refundable, nor can they be re-sold to anyone else, as that is the venues policy.
I didn't buy them to scalp them, I would just like to get my money back (or at least some of it), but I guess ticket scalpers do it for a living, so the venues cracked down on everyone.

It was suggested by the Ticketmaster customer service rep that I go on social media to try and see if someone wants to buy them (at face value or below), but since I do not physically have the tickets in my possession, I don't know how I could have the people pay me, and then they be able to get into the venue.
I am not on social media, and frankly am at a loss how to figure this out. So I am hoping others on CD have gotten themselves into a jam like this, and I hope you have some suggestions on how to go about not losing the money for the tickets?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:12 AM

17,259 posts, read 15,458,474 times
They can't be "resold?" You should still be able to transfer them.
I buy tickets to sports games for my son and his friends all the time. I "transfer" them to him, he gets a link on his phone, and has a direct link/access to the tickets from that.

See if there is a transfer option. There should be.

From there, just spread the word that you have these tickets and want to get rid of them.

Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM

16,637 posts, read 8,643,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
They can't be "resold?" You should still be able to transfer them.
I buy tickets to sports games for my son and his friends all the time. I "transfer" them to him, he gets a link on his phone, and has a direct link/access to the tickets from that.

See if there is a transfer option. There should be.

From there, just spread the word that you have these tickets and want to get rid of them.
I just looked and there does seem to be a transfer option, so thanks for that option.
Having said that, if I am dealing with a total stranger, how can we be certain neither of us are a scammer and really have the tickets or ability to transfer them once they pay me?

Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM

2,021 posts, read 3,528,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I just looked and there does seem to be a transfer option, so thanks for that option.
Having said that, if I am dealing with a total stranger, how can we be certain neither of us are a scammer and really have the tickets or ability to transfer them once they pay me?
You can meet in a public location and show the tickets on your phone, get the cash from the buyer, then transfer the tickets right there.

If you don't want to meet, it's trickier. You could send them a screenshot of all tickets and have them send you Venmo/Paypal/Zelle for one ticket at a time, then transfer the ticket when you get payment. Repeat for each ticket. Personally I wouldn't send a ticket to a stranger without payment up front.

Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM

9,201 posts, read 6,230,451 times
I would try to deal with friends, family, or work associates, not strangers.

Anyone having a birthday or special occasion that you can "gift" them the tickets as a present?

You aren't really "out" the money; you already spent the money.

You are "out" the experience.

And sometimes that just disappointing, but not really too terrible.

First world problem.

Old Today, 08:46 AM

22,356 posts, read 29,476,635 times
List on FB and Nextdoor.

Old Today, 08:58 AM

5,590 posts, read 6,521,046 times
Because of rules like this one must have the knowledge and the internal peace that sometimes they may be out the money for tickets purchased in advance. Since we cannot predict the future being stuck with tickets to anything is always a possibility.

Old Today, 09:30 AM

37,646 posts, read 46,061,169 times
Ticketmaster has made concert tickets a real PITA now. I absolutely despise not being able to actually print out a ticket and have it in my hands - just as a backup. Pretty sure they don't care about my business, but they will be getting a lot less of it now, if any.

Old Today, 09:34 AM

130,550 posts, read 12,148,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
I would try to deal with friends, family, or work associates, not strangers.

Anyone having a birthday or special occasion that you can "gift" them the tickets as a present?

You aren't really "out" the money; you already spent the money.

You are "out" the experience.

And sometimes that just disappointing, but not really too terrible.

First world problem.
I agree, gift it to someone you know. Unless they are really expensive ticket,s you can probably live without the money. A few years ago, we were unable to go to a concert as I had a really bad arthritis flare up. So we had to forfeit going to see a concert. I didn't do anything with the tickets, as up until the day of the event, I was hoping for some improvement, & going. I still wanted to go, but hubby wouldn't go, so that was it. Now I only book events that are held in events that I know I can handle with walking, even if my knees are acting up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events