Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 12:42 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times

Advertisements

Pattie, the stuff I am picking up today comes in a 6 pound package with 12 pre-made patties. They are politely separated by wax paper. For Shadow's weight she should eat 2 of them per day. Each sleeve of 12 costs $26. That math was very scary.....

The bulk order comes in on the 17th. That will come in looking like a lot of 1.5 pound packages of hamburger. Each one of those packages should last 2 days. It will come in a Styrofoam cooler, packed in dry ice. At much less than 1/2 the cost, even with shipping.

I have always free fed so Shadow is going to have to get used to having meals instead of eating a bite here and a bite there whenever the urge hits. We are going to start with 4 small meals per day and see how it goes. I know I need to eat more than once a day, so I will not ask Shadow to only eat once. I know lots of folks only feed once a day, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Shadow has not eaten a toy in a couple of weeks, but that does remain one of her favorite indoor activities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 01:25 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
We always feed twice a day, so do most people I know with pets. Once a day seems stingy.

Anyway, today I did a short arms workout and a new ten minute blast that's a core workout. I guess they put up some new ones recently, I'll have to check them out. But, we're going over to MIL's for another family dinner kind of thing. I think she needs a break from the visiting family members. She's 86 and even tho she's healthy, she has a pacemaker and her heart isn't what it used to be. I don't think her kids understand, they just see her as 'mom'. Ageless.

Have a good one everybody. Oh Karla, sorry I should have thanked you for offering to burn the CD for me. I got it, and we took it to Walmart to get prints--ended up spending almost 50 bucks--but that's just because we were in walmart!!! Let's look at this, that and oh, that other thing. My problem was that I burned a picture to the CD but I wanted to put another one on and it wouldn't let me. I should have done several at once. Now I know. Thank you though!

Old 06-09-2010, 02:32 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
That's ok, everybody has their own way of taking care of their animals. Besides, that was a long time ago and things have probably changed - gramps has been dead 42 years now!

Old 06-09-2010, 06:59 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Hi everyone.

Hi Gentlearts - (known from other thread) hope you stick around here.
Welcome to you too hwy29south. You all will enjoy it here.

Karla, do you at least feel better today?

Sounds like Shadow is getting her strength back. I bet she'll love the bison when she eats it.

Doctor for me today. I told him I didn't feel comfortable taking the drug he told me about a couple of weeks ago as it has a bad effect on the heart. He wasn't comfy about giving it to me either after talking to a cardiologist. A person in athletic shape like marathon runners have problems with it so a not so athletic person like me would really have problems so I refused it.
He's going to try another drug on me. Something that was used 10 or so years ago. Not as effective as the chemos are today but is the second best choice. If it works, fine. If I have a reaction, he will put me on Tamoxiphen which is a hormone blocker/killer. I'm just hoping that I am cancer free at this point and it doesn't return.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:49 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times
Evening ladies !!
I am just logging back on

I am feeling a little better I was tired because I got up at 3 so I took a couple of naps lol actually I was on the couch watching TV and just fell asleep

I feed twice a day the vet said it is better to split the one into two

I wish we could free feed but lola owuld think she was at a all you can eat buffet

The landscaper is coming tomorrow to roundup the grass so we can resod I have pretty much decided that I want to remove the bushes my one neighbor who just bought a house might want them so if she wants to remove them yay
The landscaper & I have some pretty cool ideas for a bed in their place

I am watching the Stanley cup playoffs Go flyers !!!

Cheryl I think Tamoxiphen is what my hubbys friends wife was on after her lumpectomy
You are making a wise choice on the other one My sister has damage to her heart valve from that Fen-Phen diet pills they used years ago. Her cardiologist said the only reason she is not having problems is because she walks/run 4 miles a day but she is on constant watch and has to visit him every 9 months.

Evey the race greyhounds were on a raw diet the trainers would mix in some pasta or rice they gobbled it up

I am hoping I will get more than 4 hours of sleep tonight hopefully the "kids" will sleep past 3 am tomorrow or (looks around) hubby will hear them first

Old 06-10-2010, 05:53 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Hi everyone.

Hi Gentlearts - (known from other thread) hope you stick around here.
Welcome to you too hwy29south. You all will enjoy it here.

Karla, do you at least feel better today?

Sounds like Shadow is getting her strength back. I bet she'll love the bison when she eats it.

Doctor for me today. I told him I didn't feel comfortable taking the drug he told me about a couple of weeks ago as it has a bad effect on the heart. He wasn't comfy about giving it to me either after talking to a cardiologist. A person in athletic shape like marathon runners have problems with it so a not so athletic person like me would really have problems so I refused it.
He's going to try another drug on me. Something that was used 10 or so years ago. Not as effective as the chemos are today but is the second best choice. If it works, fine. If I have a reaction, he will put me on Tamoxiphen which is a hormone blocker/killer. I'm just hoping that I am cancer free at this point and it doesn't return.
Good for you taking a pro-active stance. Hey, if we don't stand up for ourselves, who will? I have the same hope for you, dear lady. Thanks so much for keeping us posted in your journey. Hugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals