Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 03:34 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Being up at 3 am was because I had just gotten home from a fun night out
lol now it means "my turn to let the kids out"
Hubby was in his office form 4:15 am til 4:20 pm so I thought I would let him sleep in

I am still dealing with the congestion/coughing issue which is making me crazy because I really need to mow the lawn. Little ralphie looks like a lion stalking through the wild when he goes out
lol much longer and we won't be able to see him for some reason the back is growing faster than the front

Hmm I wonder if the neighbors would thing I am even weirder if I use a face mask to keep the dust & crap out of my lungs

Resting yesterday did help so I may put the lawn off one more day

What are you all planning for today ?

p.s
neener neener I know what tomorrow is for one of our "gals"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 04:04 AM

50,375 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Today, I'll help DH get a report ready in the office, unpack a few more moving boxes, hopefully get to Home Goods to look for a lamp, and maybe finish a few more patio curtains, which I'm making out of canvas drop cloths.
Wow, I just noticed I'm in the exersize thread....just visiting.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:16 AM

lol welcome gentlehearts

We love visitors, we hope you stop back

Old 06-09-2010, 04:31 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,816,440 times
I remember when I didn't have to exercise to stay a normal weight! But I'm off to pilates class this morning. I do love that class so I can't complain.

Have a great day everyone!

Old 06-09-2010, 04:33 AM

welcome highway29 !!!

I tried the pilates DVD's a few years ago lol lets just say it wasn't as bad as aerobics class but
I kept laughing trying to follow the instructor

Old 06-09-2010, 05:09 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Morning all! Welcome and come back even if it is to visit
Last night I did the treadmill for 20 minutes and came home and collapsed! lol, if I drag myself up there I will do it
Glad Shadow is home Evey and I hope she gets stronger everyday. I bet just busting out of the vet hospital was good for her.
Just work today, nothing special planned.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:11 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow & I have been for a short walk this morning. Yesterday she walked 2 houses down, peed, then headed home. This morning she pranced around the block, marking her territory as she went. Yay! She has not eaten since yesterday morning, but she at least asked what was for breakfast this morning. I am hoping that since she just took her meds that she will be hungry in a little while, like yesterday.

Her frozen raw should come in this afternoon. Hopefully the bison will peak her interest a little more than the plain, broiled tilapia has.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:34 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Good morning, all. Busy this morning, I see. Two new folks to welcome. Gentlearts, you can drop by any time. We're not hard core exercisers, but we do like to encourage each other. We even go thru times when we aren't excercising, but we drop by and say hello anyway. Hiway, welcome. Wow..pilates. I hear it's tough, but it really sculpts the body. I'd like to do that. How long have you been at it?

Well, the temp. was about 8 degrees cooler this a.m. than the past 2 days, so that helped a bit. I walked to the gym (1 mile for our newbie), had a good 1/2 hour workout, then walked back. That walk back was still tough, tho. I guess I shouldn't have pushed myself so much with the weights, but it felt so good. Humidity's still up, but being cooler was good.

Don't know what we're doing today. I told DH his wirly butterflies weren't looking too good, so I think he's going to head to HD or Lowes for some more soil. He ran out the other day, so he didn't plant the WB's and 4 other plants. Time to get them in the ground before they go real bad in this heat. 96 here yesterday. Supposed to get to 95 again today. I did soak those WB's real good, so I hope they come back ok.

Karla, that wouldn't happen to be me you're talking about, now, would it??? Let's keep them in suspense till tomorrow, ok??

Evey, so happy Shadow is getting back to herself. It wouldn't be right for our girl to be moping about any more. Say, how do you keep that raw stuff? You say it's frozen. Is it frozen in meal-size packets or something? Just being nosey. My grandfather used to feed our dog just once a day, no more. She was a black lab, too. Great dogs, those labs. Does SHadow still destroy stuffed animals???

OK, I guess I need to say hi to a couple other threads, check out QOD, see if I need to answer, then get going on our checking account.

Have a wonderful day, everybody. Hugs to all.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:56 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Good morning, everyone. I went for my run this morning. Down to 15 min 36 sec, which is about 30 seconds less than my last run, so that's good. My forehead and neck are dripping, but I know that's partly due to the humidity. I started this regimen because I want to become a good runner, but I'm starting to realize that I am just not good at it! But I will stick with it until the 5K, and then we'll see.

I've been cleaning house all week. My parents are coming for a visit from California. They arrive tomorrow and will leave Monday morning.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Old 06-09-2010, 09:36 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
I hope you enjoy your parents' visit. Hang in there with the running. I'm sure you'll get better as time goes on.

Well, I went to HD with DH to maybe curb his "enthusiasm" with the plants. I did NOT do a good job. He picked up some soil, then got a flat of Brazilian Red Hots, a Cat's Whiskers, two Shrimp plants, oh and two more milkweeds to get butterflies into the patio area. I think that's about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals