Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 06:32 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

98 with a heat index of 110 is our expected high for today

It is a definite stick my feet in C/D pool day

Since I still can't "tread on the mill" or work outside (over exertion starts the coughing thing) I will stick with inside things like laundry and reorganizing the pantry I might even break out the iron

lol I have to get rid of this crud this week a friend has offered to take me to lunch but said not till I am better She stopped by on Saturday to borrow our drill and "yelled" at me for being outside
She had the same "allergies gone bad crud" a month ago and said it does take time but staying out of the outside triggers helps

So what are your plans for today ?

lol anyone feel like doing a tiny bit more exercise for me today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 08:42 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
OK, Karla..I did your exercise for you.

Walked to the gym, did 30 min. on weights, walked back, then spent 2-1/4 hours watering and weeding while DH puts in more plants. I think that qualifies, don't you???

Oh, we have another new friend in our garden. You already know about the snake behind the flower box. Now, we have the biggest toad I've ever seen living in our snapdragon box. I was watering the livingstone daisies behind the snapdragons and saw this huge chunk of dirt in the middle of the daisies. Well, I looked a bit closer and noticed he had eyes...it weren't no dirt! He just sat there, very quietly while I did my thing. And then went back into the snapdragons.

When I went out this a.m., it was 75 degrees with a ton of humidity. When I came in, I meant to check the thermometer, but forgot to. I got in about 45 min. ago and it's 89 out there right now. DH is still out there, but I'm about to slither my way into the shower. Right after I got inside and poured myself a Starbucks frappacino the $$ lady came over. I was on pins and needles, waiting to hear "Can I borrow some $$ please??" Didn't happen, TG. I did hear that the nutso neighbor has decided to quit her job, sell the house here and move back to Michigan. She's supposedly leaving on the 24th. She's truly crazy. She'll have the payments on the house here plus the lot rent (which is due 7/1) and then she'll have an apt. payment up in MI because she's divorcing the husband and getting her own place. OMG, she exhausts me! About 2 weeks ago, she bought about 15 different plants, put them in pots and lined the sidewalk with them. Last week, with all this heat and no rain, they were wilting badly. This weekend, the pots are all gone and now she's put them in the ground, some of which are right in front of the crawl-in areas. Not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.

Anyway... Karla, I'll co-write that book with you if you want.

WEll, gotta drop into a couple of threads, then go take a shower.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:05 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Today I did the upper body 10 lb slimdown. Haven't done that one in a while, but I've been getting this weird kind of pain in my upper/outer arms that I think might be from the one workout I was doing, even though it was long after the workout. I hope so anyway.

Hope Shadow's visit to the vet went well and that she ate something.

Have a good day everyone.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:54 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
Hi everyone.

I walked 2 miles today outside and gave a bath to Brandi. Brandi was the upper body exercise for the day.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:38 PM

Fuzzy, I was wondering about Shadow's Dr. Visit, too.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:51 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Hey peeps!

Just got back from the vet. We are waiting for the blood work, but the vet thinks Shadow is doing really well.

Late yesterday she finally decided to eat something. Too bad it was cat food! This cat food has a fat content of 28%, our target is 10% or less. I spent all evening and much of the night staring at Shadow, waiting to see if she was going to relapse. She did not.

Shadow has a lifetime of bad eating habits to over come. The vet thinks she is not eating because she is holding out for something "better". She does not like the buffalo at all. Not frozen, not thawed, not pan fried, not fork fed. "I will not eat them in a box, I will not eat them with a fox. I do not like them here or there, I do not like them anywhere!" *sighs* She has eaten a total of 26 individual pieces of her old food, but only because someone sat on the floor and hand fed them to her one at a time.

She has lost just over 14 pounds in 2 weeks.

On the up side she is bright, active, and resembling the old Shadow. We took a medium walk this morning.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:19 PM

Thanks for letting us know, Evey. We've been worried about both of you. Glad to hear she's more like her old self again. It's not easy to get them to change their eating habits, that's for sure. Hang in there, she'll do it. PS - loved the Dr. Seuss.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
Hey peeps!

Just got back from the vet. We are waiting for the blood work, but the vet thinks Shadow is doing really well.

Late yesterday she finally decided to eat something. Too bad it was cat food! This cat food has a fat content of 28%, our target is 10% or less. I spent all evening and much of the night staring at Shadow, waiting to see if she was going to relapse. She did not.

Shadow has a lifetime of bad eating habits to over come. The vet thinks she is not eating because she is holding out for something "better". She does not like the buffalo at all. Not frozen, not thawed, not pan fried, not fork fed.
She has lost just over 14 pounds in 2 weeks.
How 'bout if you fired up the BBQ? Is this something you can eat? Or pretend to eat? I've seen buffalo at our grocery store before, and I have heard it's really lean, but...

So 14 pounds-was she 14 pounds overweight? Sorry, I had to laugh when you said she ate cat food. What did your cats think about that?!

Old 06-14-2010, 03:48 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
LOL! The cats were a little less than amused......

When we went to get our shots in April the vet said Shadow needed to lose 10 pounds. We had gotten 6 off of her by the time she got sick. So she has lost a total of 20 pounds since April.

Ummmm, I would not care to eat this particular buffalo. Raw diets for dogs are a combo of lean muscle, organ, and ground bone. This particular raw food is not just ground like hamburger, it is pureed. I did pretend to eat it. got out a fork & everything. No dice.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
LOL! I did pretend to eat it. got out a fork & everything. No dice.
The Shadow knows! Is she on steroids? Can that help animals as far as boosting appetites?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals