Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2010, 06:24 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

lol officially that is
Most of us have been "experiencing" the summer heat for awhile now

Well it's Monday Hubby went into the office so it is just me & the"kids"

I am going to give the treadmill a try to see if I can start exercising again

I also have a date with the washer & dryer & the Dyson rofl can you feel my excitement !!

Thats about it for my day what does yours look like ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 06:54 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Hey, there! Sounds like a full day, there, Karla.

I did my mile to the gym, about 30 min. of weights and the mile back. Wasn't too bad out there this a.m.

I went out and checked our rain gauge this a.m. and it says we've received about 3.5 inches over the past couple of days. That's a good thing. I can't believe how the plants have grown since then.

DH brought home more plants yesterday, including 2 more rose bushes. We've found a nursery that has some scruples. They don't sell stuff that shouldn't be planted this time of year - tomatoes, for example. You know, I can tell him and tell him, "It's not the time of year to do that." I quote sources - even Karla - but he still doesn't listen. But let somebody who works at a store tell him something and it's gospel. He even asked her, "Then why would Lowes and Home Depot sell them if it's the wrong time of year?" She was good. SHe didn't talk against either store, just kind of looked at him and shrugged her shoulders. So, Karla, I think he finally got it! Men, I tell ya.

Anyway, I guess we need to go to Lowes for a few things. With the rain yesterday, we ended up with a small leak in our roof. I'm sure that it was the way it was blowing. It came from all 4 directions (luckily, not at the same time!), the wind was quite strong and the rain was hard. So he needs to do a little patching. It leaked right into our bedroom, dripped right on the tv which was on our dresser. I happened to walk in and there was a puddle right on my dresser! Eeek!

Anyhow...not sure what else is going on. More chance of rain today. That's a good thing.

Talk to y'all soon.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:53 AM

lol pattie it isn't just him
If I say "st aug grass need 3/4 " of water twice a week I get the yeah, but if I say "according to the IFAS extension office guidelines you need to water 3/4" twice a week" they take notes
So now every time a neighbor or someone asks gardening advise I preface it with "according to the IFAS guidelines"

I will gladly take some of your rain I had to put the hose in C/D pool yesterday lol I guess 1 1/2 hours would of been enough 2 hours I left it in and that baby is full !!

Forgot I need to go buy dog food sometime today and I may just stop at the nail place cause my toes are not sandal friendly

Old 06-21-2010, 12:28 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Hey peeps!

Shadow & I went for a nice walk this morning. It is sprinkling out now and the princess does not care to get her toes wet.

I talked to the feral cat rescue yesterday. They called all of the feral rescues in the area and they are all over capacity. They said if I could catch the kittens they would take care of vaccinations and spay/neuter. I will have to socialize them and find them homes myself. No problemo. DH & I cleared out a room and got it all set up for baby kitties to live in. Do you think I have seen a kitten since? *sigh* I already feel like I let their mother down. They better come back.......

We are doing a secret shop for dinner this evening.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:19 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Enjoy your secret dinner. Evey, if you've been feeding them, my guess is they'll be back.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:28 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Today I did this hard freaking toning workout--it is so intense, makes me feel totally out of shape.

Hot hot hot in Holland today, too.

Oh yesterday I planted all the rest of my gladiola bulbs and onions and lots of seeds, and we finally figured out our new sprinkler--boy, we should be on Jeopardy...

Good luck with the kittens Evey.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:28 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Hi everyone.
Had a really busy, but very enjoyable weekend. Today I'm under the weather though. I've got some crud on my chest that doesn't want to do anything but sit there. Did some planting and watering this morning, and ended up crashing on the couch... not happy. I have too much stuff to do.

Anyhoo, no exercise for me today. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be pounding the pavements.

Hope you manage to catch the kitties Evey.

Pattie I am so glad that my hubster doesn't get into the gardening, apart from mowing the lawn.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:51 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Yay!!! I just caught 3 of the kittens!!! We rigged the live trap for a manual close (think Bugs Bunny yank the cord trap) and waited until just now as it was almost dark to put some food in. Sure enough I spotted the 2 gray & white ones head right for it. When they both were in I pulled the cord from the back porch. Bonus, the black one was in there too. Now I feel extra bad for the solid gray one, out there all alone. We now have the trap set to work on its own & I will go out often to check.

I am so relieved. I was sure I had let Panda down a second time.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:02 AM

Morning ladies
I got most of my errands done yesterday well except for the toes
I got a couple phone calls that delayed me for about 1 1/2 hours so I just ran out of time.

Fuzzy I love "sprinkler games" do you have a inground irrigation system ?
I just had mine adjusted well worth the $$ because when I do it it takes 3 times as long and we won't even discuss the "wet t-shirt" contest

Sue sorry to hear you got the "crud" hopefully it just stopped by for the evening and leaves

Yay on the kitties Evey
How long will it take to socialize them ?
I think once they are neutered/spayed you can put them on petfinders

Old 06-22-2010, 11:12 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Heck no, the only thing we have inground are moles. It was just a nice regular sprinkler as opposed to those stupid tscht tscht sort of jet spraying kinds that I hate. Got it on sale at Menard's and when we first tried it, some of the holes must have been kind of plugged up because it was NOT working quite right. We just poked them thru and it worked. Amazing what can happen if you just have a little patience. *ahem*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals