Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 04:05 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,210,379 times

Advertisements

No exercise today, still nursing my back. I just wanted to tell everyone to have a great night, looks like most are having a good day. When I am down I usually find that exercise brings my mood back to normal, must be the thought of doing something good for myself.

Karla, lol about you running around with a whistle with a group of kids! Sounds like fun, is it just day camp?

Well until tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 05:15 PM

788 posts, read 4,063,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey2nm View Post
Oh leavingcali - I'm no doctor, but take an aspirin or some other pain reliever, a diet coke and go for a walk. Your head and spirits will thank you for it later. I've had a tough emotional day too and my intentions are to take a walk on the treadmill and hopefully things will get better. Right now though, with all that's going on, a good cry is something I could use too. I really need to stop talking to some people. I need to remind myself - they are not my friends because friends wouldn't treat people this way. Off for a walk, I'll check back hopefully in a better mood and with a couple of miles done.
I am so sorry you are having "one of those days" too. Sometimes, a good cry does help. I took a nap a few hours later, and now I feel a lot better. A walk is a good idea too though...

And yes, I do find that some people are just toxic and it is better that we cut them out of our lives. I hope you feel better soon. I'm thinking of you...

Old 06-19-2007, 05:36 PM

179 posts, read 783,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingcali View Post
I am so sorry you are having "one of those days" too. Sometimes, a good cry does help. I took a nap a few hours later, and now I feel a lot better. A walk is a good idea too though...

And yes, I do find that some people are just toxic and it is better that we cut them out of our lives. I hope you feel better soon. I'm thinking of you...
Thanks leavincali - I'm feeling a little better, one mile down and one more to go (I'll just do a little over 2 miles today). Toxic - definitely this is what they are! Wish I could give you some reps, but I need to spread the reps around (which I think I've been doing). I'm thinking of you too. Thanks again.

Back again, completed the other mile and I am done! Hugs to you all and have a pleasant evening.

Last edited by jersey2nm; 06-19-2007 at 05:59 PM..

Old 06-19-2007, 07:17 PM

36,381 posts, read 15,981,220 times
2 1/2 mile walk today, it was 90 degrees. Got home a little after 7pm and got a MAJOR thunderstorm. Love, Love, Love. The lightening was right in this room. I had to hide my eyes but I love it.

Good evening everyone!!

Old 06-19-2007, 07:38 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,640,422 times
I'm late!!
It's 3:39 and I really should hit the bed (though I have to make the bed first...)

Ok, walked the walk, came back (locked the door, no uninvited visitors today) and vacuumed the entire house.
Now, since I have two brothers who loves to walk in with their shoes on, it is probably not going to be as "fresh" on Thursday or Friday when my "invited" visitors come over.
Sigh. I'm going to have to do it again tomorrow...

Oh, and I have also helped put up the pavillion today! Lots of muscle work done there, whew!

And the warmth is back! Was about 77 today, but since Midsummer is coming up, it is going to rain all week, starting on Thursday...

Don't we just love it when the weather follows tradition?

Have a terrific evening everyone!

Old 06-19-2007, 08:10 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,087,224 times
Sweden, You are in Sweden. LOL!! For some reason I thought it was Switzerland.
My husbands grandparents are from Sweden. His grandfather was from Harplinge. His grandmother was from Malmo. They came to America in 1930.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:14 PM

36,381 posts, read 15,981,220 times
Well, well, Sweden and Rance. Sweden is vacuuming and Rance is doing push-ups, sounds like a match made in heaven... LOL Have fun!!!

Old 06-19-2007, 09:48 PM

942 posts, read 2,580,375 times
Hey guys I did manage my walk today although a bit late. I got tied in with Pm's in the late morning that equaled to a late walk. Boy was it hot out there.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:20 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,167,146 times
I had a busy day today, had to do shopping after being gone for over two weeks, then I spent the day getting my house back in order since it is up for sale, we had gotten a call that they wanted to show the house at 7:00pm so I had to make sure it looked good, and now hope that it sells.
So that was my excercise for today, I know I have to get back into my five mile walk per day, but things are busy at the moment, and I have to pack for moving on the 1st so I may not get back to the five mile walk until after I move. Have a great night everyone, it is great to be back. Yorkie

Old 06-20-2007, 03:51 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,065,909 times
Great turnout yesterday!!!!!
leavingcali the party sounds like it was a fun time. I remember one I went to where we all went dressed in really tacky bridesmaid dressed from the 80's complete with "big hair", we hit every goodwill and thrift shop in the area. lol mine had this huge white ruffle going from the hem up to the shoulder. At one bar we went to someone actually said " I love your dress where did you get it"
We had to move the birthday from last night to tonight because a really big storm came through tons of thunder and lightening had to gove my one greyhound valium.
My sister is one of those constantly on a diet folks so no birthday cake hmmm I may bring one anyway I love birthday cake

It is day camp only 9-12:30

I am not a big football person so I wouldn't know if he is one of those well know players. He did get a lot of press here last season.
I joke that because I am not one of those fanatic fans is one of the reasons they are friends with me. Rofl I did learn that you don't ask "oh whats your job" when he introduces me to his fellow players. I was told "Karla it's postion played not job" I have become "auntie Karla"
well time to go get dressed for todays walk. Iguess I am going to have to walk extra because of the cake

see you on todays thread

karla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals