Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 07:07 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

good morning ladies
ok now that I am feeling all better it is back on track with my exercising

Do you know there are 3 of my friends that got the same thing and it also took them 3 weeks to get over

So today I am treading on the mill

then finishing the errands I was suppose to do yesterday

oops hit submit and I wasn't done

It is suppose to be 91 today with no rain in site I have the sprinklers set for every morning on the new sod sections

So what is on your list for today

Last edited by FLPL75; 07-06-2010 at 07:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 08:57 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
It's supposed to be about 95 here today and for the next few days.

Sooo...yesterday evening I/we/I completely redid our window boxes. Took out the old plants, which were pathetic, took out all the dirt, re-reamed the holes. We were going to drill them bigger but there was a problem with the drill and the bit. Then we put in lava rock, a layer of fabric (weed mat) then dirt then some brand new plants that dh got from his buddy whose father owns one of the biggest greenhouse/landscaping/topsoil etc. places in town. And I have a bunch left over to put in the ground! Got some impatiens, dianthus and some Wishbone [torenia]. What a job. It was so hot and there were so many mosquitos buzzing me. Yuck. But hopefully the boxes will be right now.

Glad you're feeling better, Karla. Or should I say KwaK? (do I have to?)

Anyway, I am going to work out later, just wanted to get that out there! What a project! And me the first to post? WuwT?

Old 07-06-2010, 10:59 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,070,580 times
Good morning!

May I join you guys? I'm hoping that if I use these journals I'll get back in the habit of exercising again. I was doing so great for awhile but ever since the heat wave I've slacked off.

So, today is a new day! I went to the gym and did the treadmill for 45 minutes. I meant to do 20 minutes on the treadmill and 20 on the stairmaster but the stairmaster never became free. So, I just kept going on the treadmill until somebody else came in and wanted it.

I have a walking partner, and we usually do a few miles every morning. Lately, though it's been too hot to walk. Maybe we'll take it up again in the fall.

Out in the real world, I planted some of that torenia in my garden under a pine tree. It promptly croaked. I'm not sure if it's too hot for it or if it didn't like the acidic soil near a pine tree.

See you guys tomorrow.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:08 AM

Heck yes you can join us! It is a good way to keep track, plus this is a very friendly group!

Old 07-06-2010, 11:31 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Karla, glad to hear you're feeling better.

Caladium, nice to see you here. C'mon in, the water's fine. You'll notice we not only talk exercise and encourage each other thru it, we usually throw in a few other things as well. You'll learn cooking, gardening, pet care, and I may even throw in a few tips about cleaning with a chisel!

I did my 3 mile walk this a.m. Wasn't easy, either. Didn't get much sleep last night. Tomorrow will be my last day to exercise since I'm leaving Thurs. for NY.

fuzzy, your window boxes sound nice.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:00 PM

Well, let's hope so. You can see what they originally looked like earlier this year if you go to my page/profile thingy, and look in the background. NOT the pics of impatiens, those are from a few years ago. They were doing great then I don't know what happened.

Today I started some new cardio workout, but switched because the only reason my heart rate was going up is because the dude was p*ssing me off-do this, do that, dothis, dothat, dothisdothatdothisdothat, I couldn't catch on quick enough. So, I did the bootcamp cardio one.

Now, I am going to venture out to see where else I can put stuff in the ground!

Old 07-06-2010, 02:02 PM

Nice photos, fuzzy. Good lookin' family!

Old 07-06-2010, 02:41 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Hey peeps!

Shadow & I went for a nice walk this morning. We just got back from the beach.

Someone is on the way over to pick out a kitten and there is someone else coming at 7. Since they have been living in DH's weight room I have been tidying up. Now I know where all of his socks are......

Old 07-06-2010, 03:42 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Well, Flash has just gone to his forever home. A nice single mother with two girls 10 & 12. They just love him to death already and promised to send me lots of pics.

I know I should be happy, but I am feeling very sad right now.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:57 PM

Aaaawwww. It's good he has a forever home, but I'm sure it was tough to say goodbye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals