Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2010, 05:49 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,100,219 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

They are calling for 100 today with a feels like of 105 yikes

and of course the landscaper is coming back to finish up the sodding and to start on tree and bush trimming

I am going to head over to CD in a few minutes then to the store to pickup milk
When I get back I am going to do some "treading on the mill" for my exercise today lol I am going to put in one of the Petticoat Junction DVD to exercise to

What will your day be like ?

Sandy any news !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 05:55 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,219,539 times
Morning peeps!

LOL! I remember Petticoat Junction.

Shadow has decided that she would rather hang out with DH this morning. I was getting dressed to take her for a walk and she went to DH and asked to go running. *shakes head* DH usually will only run every third day, but he is out running with her now.

When we got Shadow she was supposed to be his dog. And she was, right up until I stopped working. Suddenly she was all clingy to me. Now I am working again and she wants to be his dog.

Not sure what my day will hold. Perhaps the beach this afternoon.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:24 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,059,929 times
Hi everyone! I had a rough couple of days but things are better now and I am getting back into the exercise track. Just got a chance to go to the gym and did 20 minutes on the treadmill and 20 on the stair master. Walking home, it was hot and steamy.

I hate to drive to the gym but I might have to do it if this weather stays like this. I admit it, I'm a weather wimp.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:26 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,059,929 times
I remember Petticoat Junction! I always liked Betty Jo the best.I thought it was a little strange that they took baths in the town's water supply, though. With the dog! Blech!

Old 07-09-2010, 12:38 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,218,360 times
lol, I wanted to move to Petticoat Junction!
Afternoon all, I did stairs today at lunch and I am afraid that will be the extent of my exercise today. It is hot, and too miserable to even walk the dog
No news yet, they have even taken his direct deposit info but no news on starting day He is interviewing at another local company right now, so we will see what this brings.
Got my tickets to MI last night and will officially be on vacation in 1 week Hope we know something then.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:09 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,328,585 times
Hi all,
I've used to want to live in Petticoat Junction too.

I just got back from a meeting with some ladies here. Monthly potluck and chat time. It's always fun and then I got home and talked to a friend of mine in Virginia. Haven't gotten any further than that.
Maybe I'll stick my ipod on now and dance a little.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:41 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,523,801 times
Today I did the ~30 minute upper body interval workout that I haven't done in a while. I hate pushups, I used to hate jumping jacks, but I'm cool with them now. Pushups just never seem to get any easier.

Billy left early this morning to spend the remainder of the month in Ft Polk, Louisiana, apparently a real armpit of army posts. Hot muggy yuck. Bummer--plus he'll be living in barracks, so he thinks no internet.

Good idea Cheryl, dancing is a fun way to get in some exercise!

Happy Friday all.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:22 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,100,219 times
omg it was hot hot yesterday good thing the humidity was down
lol good thing the other day I sorta filled the pool a tiny bit to high because I there was a lot of evaporation
omg I am so excites to see other Petticoat Junction Fans !!
They have the first 2 seasons on Netflix lol we just got the last 2 disks for season 2
Funny how the first 2 seasons the had 2 other girls playing 2 of the daughters

When I was younger I use to think it was so cool how they had the big tank to swim in until I got older and realized like Caladium it was the towns water

It was a very busy day. We did get the fax machine woo hoo I got to write the first business check
lol ok it might be weird but I am so excited that I am faxable. I can't wait til the next time someone says "can I fax that to you ?"
Why yes you can !!!
Spent a lot of time on the phone with the what I am now calling the C/D/P
I think I am going to use the title CFO (Chief financial officer)

Evey I think she maybe sending you a "I'll teach you to bring more kitties in the house and go out to work so I'm gonna hang with Dad" message

Lola gets that way when I am gone all day.

Sandy how cool would it be if he got 2 or 3 offers he could maybe use one against another to sweeten his deal
oh before I forget a friend of hubbys that just moved to AL said there is a crazy tax on booze there he said a $19 bottle of Crown costs close to $40 have you noticed that

Cheryl the potluck and chat sounds fun I wish there was something like that here we mostly have driveway chats

Fuzzy maybe itis time for Billy's "Aunties to send his a surprise package !!!

Old 07-10-2010, 07:29 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,218,360 times
No we don't drink the hard liquor and when hubby buys beer the price is comparable to NC.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:16 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,250,954 times
Petticooooaat Junction! Woo Woo! (that was the train whistle)

Ya know, I never thought about the girls bathing in the water supply! Duh.

Booze is expensive here, too (NY).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals