Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 07:17 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times

Advertisements

Oh, right, this is the exercise thread... I'll be out walking in a bit. The wind has finally blown away and the sun is shining. Beautiful morning even if it is a tad chilly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 07:18 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Note to self: No turkey at Karla's.

Sue, that sounds like fun. Everyone should have a friend like that. Marty's mine.

Um...I admit - I go to the bathroom in the dark. If I turn on the light, I won't get back to sleep. Now, what were you doing going into the bathroom with a scoop of dog food??

Is the dog handing out the treats this year???

I have a Christmas present bought for my mom. It's going to be a more subdued Christmas this year, I'm afraid. But it's more about the feelings than the presents, right???

Old 10-29-2010, 07:27 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
I'm back, love, love living in a small town. Fedex has already been here (actually I think it was UPS) and I can get dressed and get out of here.
Pattie, do you have to put an order in for your turkey? Where do you get it? We only have Kroger and Walmart here, Meijer in Fort Wayne, I would be afraid to buy from one of those stores. The butcher shop I visited, well I will wait until I eat some of the meat I bought before I judge, it just was not what I expected (but they are busy).

Old 10-29-2010, 07:34 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
Pattie, the dog bowls are in the bathroom! So, does that mean I can call you a nut job too?

I completely agree about the feelings regarding Christmas. My family in England send us cards and vice versa. It is just too expensive to ship presents. Plus we get on the webcam and chat on Christmas Day. That is better than anything that money can buy. For my hubbies parents we started taking them out for a really nice meal instead of buying presents. They have everything they need. Spending quality time is so much nicer.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:58 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
Okay to make this official exercise thread material I worked out with Denise again, still only made it 15 minutes but remember I have not exercised most of the summer!
Now on to the good stuff, gotta share.......I have an interview on Monday at ITT for AA job! Good starting point!

Old 10-29-2010, 10:08 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times
ok add me to the list of folks who don't turn on the lights in the bathroom at night

omg Sue you need a jolly john snowman for your bathroom
I know we can pass mine around
We really don't get a lot of company so it is one of those initial shock factors
or I guess I could invite more people over and then serve lots of beverages so they need to use the bathroom

I stopped at Lowes to get the mulch and hit the mother lode at the clearance plant rack
Stopped and got hubby lunch so now I have to run back out to my bank (I didn't want his lunch to get cold) and when I get back I will be doing the spin on the treadmill and playing with plants
I wil also take a picture of the new bed

Old 10-29-2010, 12:05 PM

Sandy, fresh turkeys are pretty easy to come by here, so I don't order one, altho you can. I don't blame you - I don't usually buy my meat at Wally World either. The other 2 stores, I can't say. I think this year we'll try Sweetbay instead of Publix.

tet, you may call me a nut job if you wish. Thanks for explaining why you were in the bathroom with dog food. I get it.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:47 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
I don't turn the light on, but there's a nightlight in there, so that's why. It's too blinding to turn on a light!

Did a workout late yesterday, and today I did that crazy hard one. My arms are still a little shaky. Sandy do you have Cablevision cable? Maybe we get the same exercise tv thing. It's on the free VOD. I love it!

Wish my dh would pee sitting down, maybe I wouldn't be serenaded with the pee-fart routine ever time he has to go during the night, light on, door wide open. Then he starts talking to the cat. nice...

I can't believe it's friday and almost November. boo. Maybe that's why they say boo on Halloween!

Have a great day everyone.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:29 PM

fuzzy, it doesn't matter. He'd do the same thing sitting down. Trust me.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:32 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times
rofl the visuals !!

well got the new plants sorta in mulch is still waiting
I did a good workout on the treadmill I had some great company on the phone chatting with a dear friend
Then I did another 30 mins and get this I actually jogged part of it I woudl do 3 or 4 mins jog then walk then jog again I took the speed up to almost 4mph hey lol ya gotta start somewhere

I made 1/2 of the turkey breast sigh lol I cooked the sucker for almost 3 hours and it was still somewhat juicy it only weighed 2.5 pounds it should of been fork bending dry but it will be ok once it sits in the fridge over night for some strange reason I can eat cold turkey not as dry as hot turkey
Well I am going to do some more reading then hit the sack see you all in the morning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals