Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2010, 02:33 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

lol well at least today you can

Did you all turn your clocks back ?

I am not buying that "extra hour of sleep" though no one told the dogs or my internal clock
because here I am

It is another cold morning right now it is 46 but suppose to drop to 42 by 6 am with a 10 to 15 mph wind I don't think I want to know the wind chill
lol I dug the fuzzy robe out I might even have to put on a pair of socks when we go to breakfast later

Not sure what the day will hold, the lawn needs mowing and I have a couple more loads of laundry

So what are you up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 06:31 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Just tryin' to stay warm, Karla. DH was laughing at me yesterday, with all the fuzzy socks, big sweater, fleece blanket and cups of hot liquid (cocoa, coffee). I could not warm up. Today will be almost as bad, but should warm up to 74. It was 48 at our house when I got up this a.m. and it's 50 now. It's going to be one cold ride to Marty's in that golf cart this a.m.!

When I get back, I think I'll be doing housework today. I think it'll be a good day to have the ovens clean themselves. I don't like to do it when it's hot out. Kill 2 birds with one stone - clean the oven and warm the house!

Take care, everybody.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:32 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Morning peeps!

LOL! You guys are so funny! I am loving this weather. The windows at my house are open and I have been sleeping like a rock! I did put on a sweatshirt to go to the dog park yesterday with all of the wind.

Shadow & I have been for a long walk this morning. The race starts at 3 so we will hit the dog park early today.

I have laundry going. It is perfect weather to dry clothes on the line.

I should be packing........

Old 11-07-2010, 11:13 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Morning everyone.

It's in the 50's here but I love cool weather - although 50 isn't considered cool here in the mountains but when I lived in Texas, 50 had everyone pulling out coats and sweaters.

I did the walking dvd this morning, 2 miles and had a hot flash while doing this. Talk about an explosion, but I kept right on through it. I'm reading a book that talks about 'just riding' through the flashes as they are kundalini energy stirring within us. That sounds cool so I'm holding on to that. LOL

Old 11-07-2010, 12:08 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
I'll take any kind of energy I can get, kundalini or otherwise. Sounds very mystical! Today I did this new one that's on the exercisetv stuff. Saw it last night after channel surfing and finding nothing! How can that be? 100+ channels.

Plenty cold here too. Only got up to 42 yesterday. FORTY TWO. ohboy...

So, I did the advanced version of this really high intensity cardio interval workout, not really much resting time, pretty much full blast the whole time. WOW!

Have a good Sunday everyone!

Old 11-07-2010, 03:30 PM

Cheryl, let me know how that works for you. I have my annual ob/gyn visit this Friday and I want to get off these HRT meds. I don't like what I'm hearing about them, but my "personal nuclear explosions" are just too much.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:55 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
Morning ladies !!
It was a chilly ride to breakfast !! I had the heat on high I wish I had put on socks. Thought they usually don't come out until mid-Nov.
Got a lot done yesterday Got the kitchen and the "catch all" breakfast bar de-cluttered,packed all the candy that is going in the "hug" package into gallon zip bags started washing the summer stuff that is going to be packed away though I just checked the weather and it is going to be 80 Tues thru Thurs so might not rush on that.

lol Stan made it to TX CD kept texting me to find out where it was in the journey to his moms. Seems he was up there for the weekend and was waiting for it to get there before he left and now I know why he took his mom crusing in it once it got there I wonder if they put the top down.

Cheryl I like the "kundalini energy stirring within us"

pattie lol the diet pepsi went flying when I read "personal nuclear explosions" I have heard other expressions to describe hot flashes but that has to be the funniest ever

Well the dogs did not get the time change memo yesterday they "started" to remind us about dinner at 2:30 because in their minds it was 3:30 the normal time they start reminding us (they eat at 4) and hubby was not pleased this morning at 2:30 when they did the same thing

I also woke up at my normal time extra hour of sleep my azz I am losing an hour because at night your body says "ok I am tired at the normal 9:30 or so and you look at the clock and say " I am not going to be at 8:30 " lol

Old 11-08-2010, 05:16 AM

I know what you mean, Karla. This time change kills me. Last night, I DID go to bed at 8:30, but I read till 9. I like it in the spring when my body thinks it's 9 and I'm actually going to bed at 10. That's when I feel like a grownup!

Oh, and Karla...with HRT, those personal nuclear explosions are only warm flushes when I'm on HRT. But, after hearing that they really are doing more harm than good, I have to find a less uncomfortable way of getting off them. What to do, what to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals