Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 04:58 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

lol I have that phrase stuck in my head from the bathroom santa

yay I slept till 6 this morning

Our breakfast friends are out of town so not sure if we are going to go out.

The only thing I am sure of for today is the game
oh that and putting the 3 baskets of clean clothes away

It is going to be a crazy week with Thanksgiving then Fridays get up at 3 be at the mall at 4
I need to get all my work done Mon & Tues
So maybe I need to just recharge my batteries today and just do nothing lol

How about you ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 05:50 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Body is recharging Karla!!! I have the same going on here, shopping and laundry on Monday and cleaning on Tues and Wed, plus baking pies and cheese cake and some apple bread. I might venture out to Wally World today and see what type of bed pillows they have. I am two short for the kids visit so I guess it is better to shop there than drive to Ft. Wayne.
Never made it to Bingo yesterday, hubby went golfing instead (I think that is probably his last time this year). I just read my book, played on the Internet and talked to my kids. Made it a nice and relaxing Saturday.
Well best get going, breakfast needs to get made and I have to catch up on the news.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:41 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
*shakes head at someone thinking 6 is sleeping in*

Morning peeps!

Shadow & I have been for a quick walk this morning. Later we will hit the dog park.

Getting ready to hit the grocery store before the after church rush. The last race of the season is this afternoon.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:18 AM

lol Evey 6 is sleeping in considering I got up at 3 yesterday morning

Is Shadow going over to your MIL so you can watch the last race in peace ?

I realized with all the work you all are putting in for T-day I am glad I am going instead of having folks coming

Well I put the 3 baskets of laundry away and decided as long as I was in the closet I would
organize my shoes which were all over the floor, put the really summery wedge sandals away though with expected temps of 81 for the end of the week I might need them lol
The only good thing is I won't have to take a jacket next friday morning
I also saw that it is suppose to be rainy next weekend so I may have to revist the house lights situation with "you know who" because up on the roof in the rain = not one of the best ideas

May have to wander to the grocery store sometime today

Old 11-21-2010, 08:37 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
*shakes head at someone thinking 6 is sleeping in*
Well, isn't it???

Got 2 loads of towels hanging out in the garage. Think that's what I'm going to do the rest of the day...just hang out.

We've definitely decided on ham for Thursday's dinner, and DH is going to make his twice baked sweet 'taters. Still haven't decided on apple pie or pumpkin cheesecake for dessert, tho I'm leaning towards the cheesecake. I'm going to do the shopping tomorrow morning. I want to make some breads in small loaves to freeze - some to keep, some to give away. Since we have 4 zukes in the fridge and some very brown bananas on the counter, I'll make zuke and 'nanner breads and I'll probably do some pumpkin bread, too.

Nice day here. I may hit the pool - they're having a pool party today. That part doesn't thrill me. The pool's usually a lot more crowded when they have one. But they do make good burgers and brats.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:53 AM

ok I am heading to Patties for ham and all those yummy breads on Thursday !!

I have never tried twice baked sweet taters !! How does one make them? I picked up 2 at the grocery store today

Pattie Publix had some really good buy one get one free's

Hubby is cooking tonight remember that home coking magazine I brought home last week well he was going over the recipes and is making some kind of rolled steak for tonight
with homemade mac n cheese

I dragged out the boxes or ornaments and asked ya gonna help lol he said I can advise
so the boxes will sit it is not fun decorating the tree alone

Old 11-21-2010, 10:02 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Morning everyone,

I'm also shaking my head at sleeping in until 6.

We got the Christmas stuff out of storage to decorate after Thanksgiving but we have so many decorations we don't use, I'm going to go through it and give the stuff to a thrift store here that is getting started up. He has something to do with everything and can always find someone that needs stuff.
Other than that, I'll see what kind of Christmas movies are on the hallmark channel today.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:03 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
LOL Karla! I can't stand when anyone helps me decorate the tree. I guess I am turning into my mother. There can't be too many of the same color too close together, it makes me crazy.

*sighs* I will miss decorating this year. Last year we had just moved & didn't get to decorate. The year before I was not home for Christmas so I didn't decorate. *whines* I miss participating in the holidays!

rant over

Old 11-21-2010, 10:17 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
I like having "someone" help me decorate the tree, too, Karla, but, alas, it's not to be. Evey, next year will be your year, lady.

Karla, I'm not sure if you'll like DH's recipe for the taters, but here it is:

2 lg. sweet taters (1-1/2 lbs)
2oz. (1/4 of 8oz. pkg.) Neufchatel Cheese (it's that 1/3 less fat cream cheese)
2 Tbsp. fat free milk
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 cup pecan pcs.

heat oven to 425. Cut potatoes in 1/2 lengthwise. Place cut sides down in folk-lined 15x10 in. baking pan. bake 30-35 min. or until tender.

scoop out centers of taters into bowl, leaving 1/4 in. thick shells. add neuf. cheese, milk, sugar and cinnamon to taters, mash until blended.

spoon mixture into shells, top w/nuts. bake 8 min. or til 'taters are heated thru and nuts are toasted.

Now, I didn't think I'd like this, but it is wonderful.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:23 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Oh Pattie that sounds so unique! Are the pecans glazed? I bet a little honey on them would be super! I'd love it, but not gonna mess with it just for me. I did just get a butternut squash peeled and chopped. Want to try a recipe I found that sort of matches an idea I had.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 11-21-2010 at 11:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals