Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 07:39 AM

72,417 posts, read 18,202,018 times

Advertisements

Robyn - It's good to be spiritual,good for you! It is very healing,when I do my walks I pray at the same time,I ask for good health,good mental alertness

Karla - You are so determined ! Good for you

Pattie - The 30 min weigh is great! I can only do 15 min.

I need to be like you guys! I just did my 3 mile walk and now I will do my weights

Do you know today is run a miles day! try running

Izzy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 08:25 AM

1,703 posts, read 5,143,085 times
Goodmorning ladies!!

I just wanted to post my song before I head out for my walk. It is such a beautiful morning here, nice and cloudy and a little rainy! After all this heat it's wonderful (bet it won't last though) I went to my temple this morning and it was so wonderful. I thought of what robyn said yesterday and it was just so beautiful so this song goes along with that.

"Beautiful Savior......King of Creation.....Son of God and Son of Man!
Truly I'd love Thee......Truly I'd serve Thee.....Light of my soul, my Joy, my Crown.
Fair are the meadows.....Fair are the woodlands......Robed in flowers of blooming spring........Jesus is fairer.....Jesus is purer
He makes our sorrowing spirit sing!"

Old 07-12-2007, 08:28 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Thanks, Dreameyes. I was missing my morning song.

Dragonten....You build up. I started out with 10-15 minutes. I could probably go a bit longer, but I think it works for me. On the other hand, there's no way I could ever run.

Hey, Robyn. Good to see you hanging in there, girl.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:49 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,010 times
Yeah dreameyes, I missed your songs too.

Good morning everyone, Mine and Chloe's walk is done. Lots of new baby animals are out exploring the world today. We saw baby squirrels and baby birds adventuring about, so cute!

Karla, Doesn't that figure, The Water Aerobics is the one that got you not the Spinning. You're going to be fit in no time at all.

Have a great day everyone!

Old 07-12-2007, 09:01 AM

72,417 posts, read 18,202,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Thanks, Dreameyes. I was missing my morning song.

Dragonten....You build up. I started out with 10-15 minutes. I could probably go a bit longer, but I think it works for me. On the other hand, there's no way I could ever run.

Hey, Robyn. Good to see you hanging in there, girl.
Call me izzy,shor for isabel
By the way,get the book or the tape on "The Secret" look at it several times,it will change the way you think.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:02 AM

Oh, I had things to tell you ladies.

Karla, our hydrangea bush is blooming this year; we have 3 new flowers for the first time in 2-3 years. I guess it wanted to say goodbye to us!

This morning I went out to hang out some laundry and there was a black cat lying under my clothesline. He didn't hear me coming till I was almost on him. He turned and saw me and I noticed he had a little animal in his mouth. He dropped it and ran into the woods. I went over to the little animal, which turned out to be a chipmunk, and the poor thing was still alive! I thought his back was broken or something, becuase he just laid there on his back, looking at me and breathing really heavily. I called my husband and asked him what to do and, all of a sudden, he flipped over onto his feet, stood there for a second, then ran away! So I saved a critter's life today! I guess that shows that stupid cat for spraying on my front door all the time!

Old 07-12-2007, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
Call me izzy,shor for isabel
Sorry, Izzy. I saw where you had said that before, but I forgot. There are so many people here and I have a tough time remembering names. I should remember yours, though, because I had an "aunt" Izzy (also short for Isabel) who was a very dear friend of the family. I just have to connect dragonten w/Izzy somehow!

The secret...that's the positive thinking book, right? I do believe that there's a lot of merit in that. Running just isn't my thing, so I don't really push it. Thanks for the suggestion, tho.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:09 AM

1,703 posts, read 5,143,085 times
Finished a 30 min. walk with my son.......tried to jog a bit cause he likes going fast and I think I need to do more cardio if I wanna lose this dang baby belly.....anyway I'm sooooooooo with karla and tasmtairy......I CANNOT jog!
If I'm going down a hill I can do it cause I got that gravity helping me or if I'm just on the treadmill but other than that the best I can do is like 1/2 a block before I start tripping over my own feet.
Did my ab and strength exercises.

Sorry about your bad experience with the "assessment" NHH. That is just so rude! Good luck with that karla!

We're always here to talk to robyn. Thanks for opening up. God Bless!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 07-12-2007, 12:10 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Alrighty then, got mine done, really got after it today!!!
Run a mile day? Who came up with that? The 'fitness expert' on our local news channel says that running is one of the highest injury exercises you can do, because it is such a high impact activity! Seriously. Works for me!!!

Old 07-12-2007, 03:21 PM

986 posts, read 2,808,340 times
Just wanted to check in and say hello. I did not excersise today, but I do go to the gym on thursday mornings and do physicals on all the new clients. Than I took my daughter to the uniform store to get all of her school uniforms. We only have one place to get uniforms so the place can get pretty busy! dreameyes..love the song. robyn..hang in there. Have a great rest of your day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals