Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 03:46 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

and "baby it's cold outside" Hubby just took the trash out and he said you can really feel the WNW winds that are at 20 to 30 mph. making the 34 degrees feel like 25

lol I guess it will be a good day to keep warm by treading on the mill then finishing my cards (the game was to exciting so I didn't get them done yesterday)

Meeting the handyman at CD around 10 to let him in so he can get the final things done. The Realtor stopped by on Saturday and he really loves the house so hopefully we can get it listed this week

Hubby will be out in the garage finishing the Christmas projects (the up north ones have to be mailed by Saturday so that means I have to finish the ornaments shopping by Friday

So are all of you MW ladies dug out ?

What are you fun plans for today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 03:48 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
Default Not a creature was stirring

After a busy day of barking at the wind blowing they finally ran out of energy

this is why we never get rid of our sheets in NE FL

Old 12-13-2010, 06:18 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Boy that is cold for this early in Florida! Karla, why is the doggies always are looking at you as if to say "what are you going to do to me now?". lol, they are soooo cute and I loved the pictures you put on fb of them wearing their Santa hats
Morning all!
The snow has stopped and we never got anywhere near even 4 inches, more like an inch or two. The blowing has made some drifts and it is bitter cold out there. Last night with the wind chill it was 2 degrees and burrrrrr, I made Bob take Cassy out, I was already toasty and warm in my jammies.
The UC office has a two hour delay here, I guess the roads are still very icy and being a small town with all county roads being snow covered and icy they went with the school systems, churches, etc and delayed for awhile.
I have to get out my exercise CD today, finish my cleaning (got caught up in Christmas movies yesterday) and finish the laundry. Besides that my day will probably consist of looking for jobs, seeing what UC tells me and just hanging out, unless Bob has something planned.
When I ordered Maddie and Morgans Christmas presents online I had them shipped here, thinking they would be shipped out right away, well Maddie's present is on it's way but I can't see where Morgan's has even left yet. So I guess I have to call and see where it is in shipping process, I may have to have it delivered to Tricia's work instead of here. So much for thinking I am on top of things.......
Have a great day all!

Old 12-13-2010, 07:35 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Good morning, all.

I've decided to not worry about not exercising till Jan. 2. That'll give me 3 weeks to talk myself back into a good program.

So glad to see Evey made it safe and sound.

DH has a doctor's appt. this afternoon. A little after 6 this a.m., he called me from the bathroom. He was so sick. He had the waste basket in front of him and was on the john. He was so weak he couldn't stand up. His face was gray and he was clammy. I thought 911 was in our very near future. He couldn't even walk out of the bathroom. I helped him off the john and he just laid down on the floor. Something similar to this happened our 1st year down here (3 years ago), but he had made it to the kitchen, passed out and hit his back on the counter. This time, he thinks it's because he has an appt. with a urologist and he took 2 Dulcolax last night so he would be "clean" when the doc does his exam. I keep telling him not to take that stuff unless it's necessary. Well, it says on the box to take no more than 3 tablets daily. So he figures you can take it every day if you want. That boy is so absolutely clueless sometimes, I swear. He's doing much better now and is resting. After about 1/2 an hour, his color returned and the cold sweats went away. He's still making trips to the bathroom and he says he's weak, but feeling lots better. He says he's learned his lesson; I sure hope so. He'll take that stuff if he's going on a trip in a day or two so he won't have to go to the bathroom on the way. Men.

Anyway.....I think, with his resting, I'll get a lot more done on my crochet project, maybe even finish it. Luckily, I told our neighbor I wouldn't be able to take him to the hospital today, so he said he'd make other arrangements.

Have a great day, all. Me, I'll be burning candles in the house...scented candles.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:47 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Wow Pattie glad to hear he has learned his lesson! I can't take that kind of stuff, does the same thing to me puts me square on the bathroom floor! That and tainted food!
Okay, I guess I apply in AL online, seems they (Indiana) will hold up my claim if I try to file here. I'm a little confused but will follow their instructions and see what happens. Sooooo after I run a few errands and finish my work I am going to park my tail on AL UC site and see what happens
Anyone hear from Sue? We have not heard from her since the big storm hit her area........

Old 12-13-2010, 09:06 AM

Good luck, Sandy. Nope, nothing from Sue yet. Hope she's ok.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:39 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Hello.... I'm here!!! The internet was a bit crazy for a while. Not sure if it was the storm or not.

Glad to hear you made it Evey. I was a little worried knowing you were on the road. Hope everyone else is ok!

Well, our wonderful neighbor ploughed our drive twice, and it took just two passes each time! He works for a company that does snow removal in the winter, so he has one of those huge JCB machines.

It's a beautiful sunny day, but very cold. Unfortunately, I can't go out walking because of my lungs.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Old 12-13-2010, 11:04 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Hi everyone,

Happy to hear your trip went safely Evey and that you're there now. You sound so happy.

Pattie, glad DH is going to the doc to get checked out. Scary that he felt like passing out.
I'm with you too on the exercise thing about waiting a few weeks. I need to do something but I just feel so dragged out.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:20 AM

Cheryl, I have absolutely no excuse except laziness!

Tet, you're so lucky to have such a good neighbor to help you out like that.

Off to the dr. soon.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:56 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Pattie, I hope your hubby is feeling a lot better. Pretty scary!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals