Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 07:41 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times

Advertisements

Morning peeps!

Foxy, welcome! Yep, shoveling snow most surely counts as exercise!

Shadow & I have been out exploring this morning. In a few minutes we will go see the cookie ladies. Later we will head to the barn to hunt mousies and ride.

Karla, I have one of those point & shoot temp readers. Mine was for getting temps of asphalt as it was being laid on the road. It is a lot of fun to get the readings. Do you have a fireplace?

*sighs* I am getting ready to call and break all kinds of bad with someone. My stuff is still not here and I am beyond annoyed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 07:53 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Go get 'em, Evey!

Old 12-27-2010, 07:55 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
an hour of shoveling snow...were officially at 18"
Welcome, FW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
lol ladies! Karla does it tell the temperature of a person?
Pattie, MK is Mary Kay, I am a new customer and she wants to reel me in and sell me lots, but I just wear the foundation and powder, not all the other stuff...........so she will not have a successful "sell" at my facial.
Okay on the pills Karla, Bob probably has not touched the mail box since I left anyway! And you are right, he would be thinking "what has she done now"?.
We are like you and hubby Pattie, we usually don't even see the ball drop........that was for the younger days but I do like getting an early dinner out (one of the few times I go out to eat).
Ah, yes! I used to use that. Good stuff, but you're right. They try to sell you everything but the kitchen sink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
So yesterday didn't work out as planned. Hubster had itchy feet, so we went shopping. Not my favorite thing in the world to do if it doesn't involve plants! I was pleasantly surprised though. The stores weren't packed like I thought they would be. Spent my Christmas $$ on myself this year and nailed a bargain at the GAP... $70 jeans for $24! Am I a happy camper.

Karla, those heat camera gadgets are great for finding cold air leaks in your home!!

Glad to hear everyone survived Christmas... now onto New year! I hardly ever manage to stay awake to see anything drop! Hubby normally wakes me up, then I go to bed. This year the Badgers are playing in the Rose Bowl on New Year's Day, so we'll be watching that.

Will be heading out for a walk soon.
Wow! $70 jeans for $24. Good job!

Yeh...the only thing I've seen drop lately are my "girls".

Old 12-27-2010, 07:59 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Yeh...the only thing I've seen drop lately are my "girls".
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I need to clean the damn keyboard of all the coffee that got sprayed on it!!!

Old 12-27-2010, 08:55 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Good morning everyone.

Welcome Foxywench - love your name.

LOL at your gadget Karla. I have images in my head of you testing things.

What a bargain on the jeans. I saw something called pajama jeans advertised on tv yesterday. I need to google that. I love anything pajama related and it looks like they can be worn in public.

I'm doing a fast today. Got my first colonoscopy tomorrow.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:17 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Goodness Evey, that company sure does not care about their ratings, I think I would complain and get some money back. Has it been 2 weeks?
Forgot Karla, the bounce house is a hit and Natalie used it to make sure her G-pa here in MI was getting her presents (she has yet to have Christmas with them yet). She said "my g-ma in an airplane got me presents, did you?". Lol, love the way they control us!
Yes Pattie the MK is good make up but I buy lots of other stuff for my face and cheap for eyes. Can't see paying those prices unless someone is having a major sale!
We did not see that many good deals here yesterday. Daughter is looking for a nice coat and they were still 200.00 and I told her to wait until after January and the prices will be cut in half just to get rid of them.
Cheryl, colonoscopy is nothing.......they give you drugs that knock you out and you can't remember a thing until someone wakes you up (I enjoyed the peaceful rest a little too much)! I'm supposed to get another one this January but will have to research this new insurance before I try it out on an outpatient procedue.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:24 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Sandy, it has been 17 days since my stuff was picked up from my house in FL. I just got off the phone with the lady in Indianapolis. My stuff will be delivered tomorrow between 11-2 and she is going to make them waive the fee I was supposed to be charged if I had not returned the boxes by tomorrow. It would have been an additional $120 for the next moths' rental fee, but when I pointed out that by the time I get my stuff it will have taken them 18 days to deliver it and that I felt like they were purposely dragging their feet to insure the additional charge she waived it on the spot.

She told me "I will be there first thing tomorrow morning". I told her my idea of first thing was 8:00 and that I had a funeral to go to at 9:30 (I did not tell her it was for the horse we put to sleep on Saturday) and if she could not be here by 8 that it needed to be after 11. Apparently her idea of first thing is not the same as my idea of first thing.....

Old 12-27-2010, 10:14 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Glad you got them to waive additional fees Evey, I would go online and rate them if I were you, some people are not as aggressive about additional fees! It would help me if I read a review as you would give!
Still not cleaned up, girls want a veggin day so I gave in.......do have to get dressed though........

Old 12-27-2010, 11:26 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
So Sandy, how did she like the telescope?

Pattie, if you start working out again, I'll bet your "girls" will perk right back up.

Last night we went bowling, those balls weighed a ton, I couldn't find one light enough for me. The good thing was we pretty much all sucked equally. Then we went to Carrabba's-on gift cards. Good stuff.

Might go try to find a pair of slippers today, didn't have any luck lately. Got some slipper socks for Christmas (again...) but that is not what I need on this cold floor.

Have a good day everyone.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:07 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
lol ladies! Karla does it tell the temperature of a person?
rofl I made hubby hold up his arm so I could check the temp of his armpit !!
Why do I have a feeling he is going to hide the gun on me

You all have been busy this morning !!
Yay on giving them the what for Evey !!

Cheryl I have heard the same thing Sandy said you have no idea what went on with the drugs

Returned a few things and found some really great deals at Bed bath & beyond

I have 2 more errands to run then I am going to think about cleaning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals