Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 08:49 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,210,379 times

Advertisements

Yes Evey, we did. When we went to bed it sounded like the wind was blowing through the ceiling and it was very frigid around the back windows and slider. Bob put a sheet up over the bedroom window (on top of the curtains I have hung) in order to keep some of the cold/wind out. When Cassy and I went out at 3:30 ice was falling but when I woke up later it has turned into all snow again. Are you keeping your heat, electric? How about falling limbs or trees? I think you got more ice than us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 09:36 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,192,435 times
Oh man! Shoveling for 30 minutes got me a path from the back porch to the driveway. Good ab workout!

Sandy I have gas forced air heat. Almost all of my curtains are insulated and it is like a cave in here when they are all closed, but it does help a lot with 90 year old windows.

I see a lot of small tree branches down everywhere. I am not brave enough to try driving anywhere (and I am having a massive Big Mac craving). In fact, I have not seen a single car go by on my street today. The snow plow came through a couple of hours ago and that was the last thing I saw moving out there.

The snow is tapering off and it has gotten very bright out. The radar is still lit up pretty good, but maybe the end of Snowpocalypse 2011 is approaching.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:55 AM

Shadow waiting patiently for me to shovel a little farther

This area had been all clear before Monday afternoon

Old 02-02-2011, 12:11 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,507,451 times
I hope she doesn't see any squirrels. They will have to come to her!

Old 02-02-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
I hope she doesn't see any squirrels. They will have to come to her!
Hahahahahaha! I haven't seen a squirrel or a bird in a couple of days.

She was so wanting to walk out to the woods but would not try walking on the snow. So, being the good mama, I tramped across the yard breaking the ice layer for her. She followed along behind me every step of the way, begging me to go faster. I was huffing & puffing pretty good by the time I got to the woods.

I started my truck & let it run for a while. I had the defroster on so I decided to go ahead and clear the windshield while it was running. It only took about 12 minutes to get the ice off the hood & windshield.

My friend reminded me that we have a mutual friend who works for a farm/outdoor equipment company. I called him and he is going to check & see if they have any used snow blowers left. They refurbish equipment and if they have any left I can get a pretty nice gas blower with an electric start for under $200. I wish she had thought of this last week.

We got lucky here. The power stayed on the whole time. I am going to start poking around for a propane heater for next time. You only dodge the bullet so many times and then it is your turn. I was watching the news last night and they were already telling us about power outages, some of them very near to here.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:45 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,210,379 times
Nice pics Evey! I have yet to venture out, as a matter of fact I took a nap after watching some of Jerico on TV earlier. Talked to oldest daughter and Michigan is snowed in too, but they only go hit last night and today.
Still snowing out here, I have seen a few cars out but I sure would not be a brave sole.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:10 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,350,349 times
Feels like Spring here. Sun is streaming through the windows... which is also a bad thing 'cause they are so dirty! Hopefully this will be the last major storm we see this winter.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:21 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,065,909 times
Morning ladies
Great pictures Evey

As much as a pita snow is I do miss the quiet that only comes with so much snow
My favorite thing when I lived up north was taking a walk once it stopped coming down before the plows & cars started

Woke up to thunder & lightening hubby said the rain was coming down pretty good he said good thing it was coming in waves cause lil ralphie does not like getting wet

Already got some work done this morning he helped me create a new "workbook" in excel so I can compare deposit reports
I also have laundry going

CD is coming to town on the 12th he has a Dentist apt on the 14th. Can't wait to see him lol lots of work things to go over

Got a email from the Realtor he forwarded the email from the Realtor whos clients really like the house
She said she has sent the offer to them to sign
I know not to get excited till I have it in hand but in her email she said "they are making a full price offer"
CD knows there is an offer coming but I haven't told him it might be full price

ok let me go start todays thread

Old 02-03-2011, 05:26 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,227,048 times
Full price! Holy cow! That's great, Karla. Oops...I'm not getting excited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals