Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 04:51 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,138,200 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Friday !!
I know we are all glad it is almost the weekend

Yay got payroll yesterday so I can head to the bank early Might convince hubby to take a ride so we can stop for breakfast he has been putting in 14 hour days so he might like to get out of the house

lol going to be in "pushy" mode to make sure CD gets to a fax so he can sign the offer (see yesterdays thread) They have snow where he is in TX so I hope there won't be an issue getting out & about

Not sure what exercise I am going to do today maybe if the rain stops me & Lola will do outside walking

Hey are any of you going to be watching the Superbowl ?

I know we will be hearing Sue yelling "Go Packs Go" I think thats who I will be routing for cause the guy next door is a big steelers fan so have to keep the street even
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 06:06 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,276,162 times
Good morning.

That breakfast sounds good, Karla. I think I could go for some pancakes today. But I'm having a bit of a tummy issue, so I think I'd better hang out here. I think I hear hubster rummaging around - there may be some juice in my very near future! Yum.

Can't believe C'D's house sold so quickly. Good job!

The schedule today will definitely depend on the tummy. We're invited to a cocktail party late this afternoon. I'm not really in the mood, so I may use the tummy as an excuse.

Oooo...excitement in the neighborhood! Woke up to see a U-Haul parked in front of the house 2 doors down. Usually, a widow and her son live there. Her daughter and son-in-law are currently visiting from Scotland. Well, another son has been "threatening" to move down here and start up an A/C business for months now. It's our guess that he's arrived! I can't imagine all those people in that little house!

Time to go shower. I'll catch y'all later. Have a great day.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:26 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,250,956 times
Morning peeps!

Whooo-hoooo! About 9:00 last night I hear something running out front. I peek out the window to see a man I don't know with a BIG honkin' a_s_s snow blower. It was one of my neighbors from across the street. He said he had seen me out there shoveling and he saw I still had a lot of snow so he thought he would come help me out. I gave up when my back started screaming at me. Yay for neighbors!

I tried to buy a snow blower yesterday, but nobody has any. This man was out there with a huge machine for just over an hour to get my driveway to where I can drive on it without going slideways even in 4 wheel drive.

There is snow in the forecast starting tonight and going through until Tuesday. We had more snow last month than we normally get in an entire season.

I did buy the very last propane fueled emergency heater that was left in town. Much safer than a kerosene heater.

Shadow & I have been hunting this morning. We saw all kinds of feet prints out there. We saw bunny feet, deer feet, and kitty feet. Shadow was going crazy! In a few minutes we will go visit the cookie ladies, then we will head to the barn to hunt mousies.

My friend has discovered a consignment shop about an hour from here in Indianapolis that exclusively handles horse stuff. We now have 56 horses and there is always a long list of stuff needed. We will be heading down there today to check it out.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:14 AM

What a nice neighbor, Evey. Sounds like you're finally home.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:20 AM

woo hoo evey !! what a nice neighbor
Ya know I have always wanted to try using a snow blower

Well change in plans for this morning
I was talking to my friend who is still in the hospital and he was definitely up for some company So after the bank I headed over to bring some "karla sunshine" lol this time with neon lightsticks and fuzzy pipe cleaners
needless to say the bed got decorated with the pcs and he & one of the nurses got decorated with neon necklaces

he is much more smartphone friendly being that hes one of the gen Y's lol he showed me how download ringtones and how to have separate ringtones for each person rofl CD now has his own ringtone
I am going to work on some more this afternoon

Pattie I hope your tummy is feeling better

Do they have a age restriction where you live ? The one our sunday breakfast frins live in it is 55 but they will make an exception for 50

Old 02-04-2011, 01:15 PM

Taking it easy, Karla. Thanks.

Yes, we're a 55+ community, and by law, at least 80% of the residents must be 55 or older. If it dips below that, the owners lose some tax breaks and stuff. But absolutely no kids. This past year, one elderly couple were forced to move because their granddaughter came to live with them when the courts took her away from her druggie mother. Sad.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:19 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,227,693 times
Afternoon all, grueling week behind me and sunshine all weekend long!

Sue "GO PACKERS", gotta say that for SIL, I don't really care who wins!

Karla, wow full price offer for CD's house, pretty good there. We were asked for 3% off our asking price PLUS help with closing costs when we sold in MI, we settled on the help with closing costs. So you will know, semi, your new neighbors how cool.

Don't you get charged for downloading ring tones? I'm afraid to do anything with my phone because we don't want a higher phone bill!

Cassy is not having a good day, hopefully she will perk up otherwise I can see a trip to the vet this weekend. I'm hoping she is just sleepy right now, but could be something age wise going on too.

Bob will make his final decision on Monday, after he goes into the plant and talks money, hours, benefits, etc. Right now he is leaning with staying where he is but does not want to give up a once in a lifetime opportunity. So right now still don't know.

Well best go and get the chicken breasts in the oven, been marinating them in a sweet and sour sauce and will make some yummy rice to go with it.

Have a great night all, and happy Super Bowl Weekend.

Oh Evey, great neighbor.....don't you just love the middle American small town?

Old 02-04-2011, 02:08 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,543,110 times
Oh what a tough choice Sandy.

Well, I did a quick Denise Austin cardio workout, right after my stupid toilet broke. Waiting to hear from dh about that. The chain thing inside broke, and nothing like happening after hours on friday.

Have a good evening all.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:46 PM

I've been racking my little brain to think of something to make for my neighbors who aren't doing well. I made soup once and the husband, who has high BP, complained that I had too much salt in it (I use a soup base which, admittedly, does contain quite a bit). He's also diabetic, her stomach's messed up because of the cancer and the radiation plus she's lost so much weight her false teeth don't fit and she can't chew. I had an aha moment this morning and called to see if she'd like some shepherd's pie and she said yes, so I made some. Well, I had enough hamburger that I could make a double batch, one for us, too, so I cooked that up, but by gawd, I didn't cook enough 'taters to cover both casseroles! so I had to boil more 'taters to finish up ours. I took hers over to her, along with a few tomatoes we still have. She said she might have to call me later to come over and help her make her bed up; she was going to wash the sheets and she doesn't have much strength to put it back together again.

Note to self: Do NOT get old and/or sick.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:49 AM

Sandy I googled "free ringtones" cause I dont want to pay for them either
there were a lot available
Now I want to get different rings for everyone

Fuzzy the chain thing is easy to replace I got a replacement one at HD you might even be able to get just the chain

Pattie that a nice thing your doing to help your neighbors

Well the contract is signed we are going to negotiate separately on the furniture
Now the waiting begins guess the next step is appraisal & inspection

Since you all have sold houses is it ok to stop the lawn mowing service or do I wait until closing nothing is really growing right now but if they don't close until end of March things will be growing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals