Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 03:25 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good morning
Happy Sunday
Early start here in NEFL the kids started making noises around 3:15

and since I went to be around 9 I decided to get up with them

Our Sunday breakfast friends are out of town so we may try a new place for breakfast this morning
There is another place at the beach that is suppose to be pretty good

Not sure what else is on the list for today I will probably get some paperwork done and hopefully go over tax stuff with CD

Whats on the agenda for you all ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 07:05 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Morning!

Were you able to get a nice visit in with CD before he went AWOL on you? Glad you got all the necessary stuff done, sounds like everything is ready to go hopefully soon!

Today is cleaning day and not much else on my list, maybe start to get all the tax stuff ready to begin taxes next weekend. I sent off a few resumes yesterday, one to a vet office, that would be my dream job. I also am going to look into volunteering at the DeKalb shelter, one thing only stops me, it is a kill shelter and I don't know if I can be around something like that. Anyone else ever volunteered at a shelter, I am afraid I will kinda freak.

Let me see Bob has the night off, yeah! I am going to make lasagna with our left over spaghetti (just a small pan). And once I get off the computer I am making bacon (yummy thick apple wood bacon) and french toast. Should give me the energy to tackle all the work around here.

Still balmy here, not sure on the temps but I have a window cracked so I can air out the room, and will probably do the same in our bedroom when Bob wakes up.

Gotta get, have a good one all.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:45 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Sandy I volunteered for 17 years at the GH adoption center. Personally I don't think I could volunteer at a kill shelter. I would want to save them all.
If there is a Petsmart by you they maybe be able to tell you of any non-kill adoption groups that could use volunteers

lol on the AWOL I tease him that his nickname should be scooter since he is scooting around all the time

The new breakfast place was ok The service was a little slow it is a really small place it was almost as if they did one tales orders at a time

Got some laundry in hubby is organizing his office I will probably wander in there later to put my piles of books back on the shelves When I am finished reading one or am looking for one I tend to take a stack off the shelf & put it on the floor in front of the shelves

Old 02-13-2011, 08:10 AM

Thanks for the opinion Karla, that is what I am afraid of. I am such a big old softy that I will get attached and then Bob will leave me! (lol, not really but you get the drift). We have nothing No kill up here, but do in other areas that I have already scouted out. Maybe I might be better doing that. See I need to win the lottery and begin my own no-kill shelter On a big old farm Seventh heaven!

My breakfast was wonderful and Bob's is waiting for him to get up, I thought the smell would wake him but guess he is tired.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:23 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Morning peeps!

LOL at you Sandy! It is not quite 40 degrees and you have windows open!

Shadow took herself hunting this morning. I am thinking it was a beaver this time. She did not get anywhere close to the thing, but it took me 20 solid minutes to get her attention. Of course I was still in my pj's & house shoes. I went in and put on boots, but she was down the hill by the creek and there is no way I was going down that hill without a spotter. *sighs* We have also taken a nice walk this morning. Later we are hoping to hit the Riverwalk.

I went to fill cat bowls this morning and discovered that I am out of cat food, so there is a trip to the pet shop in my immediate future. I am thinking I might actually get to go to the grocery store today as well since my new fridge seems to be working just fine.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:40 AM

Good on the fridge Evey! Did you lose food?

I can smell spring, I swear!!!! Lol, it is so warm in this apartment that I have turned off the heat, and yes, I have windows open to air out and cool down.

I bet that a certain little black dog was spoken to about making mom call her for 20 minutes!

Old 02-13-2011, 08:51 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Good morning, all. Darn! I missed breakfast at Sandy's. It sounded Soooooo good! I love French Toast. Do you put cinnamon in yours??

I could never volunteer at any shelter...we'd end up with 87 cats and 14 dogs living with us! I just know it!

Evey, I'm glad to hear no one fell into the creek.

Went to Marty and Dick's for coffee and wonderful cinnamon muffins. Mmmmmm

Oh, I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but my sister's younger son is getting married in June. Not sure, but they may be pushing the date up a little. Seems the wife-to-be is now pregnant. My mother, bless her soul, told her that she may want to get a REALLY big bouquet to hide her big belly at the wedding. Oh-kay. Not sure how I feel about it, but it doesn't really matter, since it's not my business. He turns 21 tomorrow (going on 12, IMO) and she's 19. I honestly wish them the best, but I don't see much hope for this thing. He has no job, she waitresses part time. He is a good cook and took one or two semesters of college for chef's school, but (in his mind) he's too good for that sort of thing and knows so much more than the instructors and he should be able to walk into any restaurant and be hired as a chef. Uh huh. He definitely takes after his father. Oh, well.

I think I need to do some industrial strength dusting around here. The dust is starting to form into some form of life (from dust ye came...).

Marty and Dick are coming here for coffee next week, so DH is already going thru recipes to see what he can make. He just loves to do this sort of stuff. And I get to be his guinea pig! Woo hoo! Anybody wanna volunteer???

Old 02-13-2011, 08:57 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
LOL at you again Sandy! What are you going to do later in the week when we get close to 60?

I did not lose any food. I had a couple of things in the fridge that were already in the early stages of being a science project and those got thrown out. Everything else went out into the snow. It was cold enough to keep everything safe.

Pattie, have you ever tried deep fried french toast? OMG! Sooooo good. I am also a fan of stuffed french toast. Somewhere I have a recipe for an awesome egg casserole. I am happy to share if I can find the thing......

Old 02-13-2011, 09:00 AM

Does that young man not know the money he could make if he got a chef's degree and really was good at that? Wow, I guess intelligence is lost on the young. I keep encouraging my son to take a class at CC on cooking, he is an excellent cook, but his Dad tells him he will never make any money that way! Go figure.

Yes Pattie cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg (I LOVE nutmeg). Cooked slow so they rise up and then sprinkled with powered sugar (no low cal breakfast for me). All things in moderation!

OMG Evey for real, are we going to hit 60! Oh I feel spring fever coming on, I can not wait!

How in the world do you stuff french toast?

Old 02-13-2011, 09:08 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
OK, Sandy...I have my fork ready. You had me at nutmeg! Do you need me to bring some NY maple syrup???

Evey...I'd love to try that casserole if you happen to find it. Don't search too hard tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals