Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 04:45 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Happy Hearts day to you all

Anyone doing anything special ?

My sister is dropping off her dog around 8 she is going to go see my niece for a couple days

Hubby decided not to go downtown today lol it is a good thing since his vehicle is still loaned out

Got to meet with CD after his dentist apt then probably run him to the airport around 2

Hubby just came in and asked if I want him to make his special Chicken dish for dinner tonight because it is Valentine day
He is not a big fan of what he calls the "Hallmark holiday"

I'm going to hit the treadmill after the dog gets dropped off I am feeling the need for a heavy duty workout

Sue what time do you leave tomorrow ?

So what are your plans for today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 05:40 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Morning all!

Rushing around here, I slept in until 6:45, good thing I have wash and wear hair!

Valentines Day is a Hallmark Day here too Karla, when we first met we went out for dinner but after that well.............. When the kids were little I would get them little boxes of candy, and something small like a troll (remember those little dolls) and tell them cupid left them. It was grand fun, but that is really the last times that I remember making a big deal of Valentines Day. It will be back to work for hubby (they have cut down to 8 hour nights instead of 12, big slow down) and me. Sigh I wonder what today will hold.

Gotta get I will stop back tonight. If I don't talk to you later Sue have a wonderful time at home and take lots of pictures to share.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:42 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Good morning, all.

Karla, we're not big V'day people either. My first wedding was on 2/16, so the X and I always waited a couple of days and celebrated that. I never like fighting for a table and then feeling like they're trying to feed you as fast as possible and then shove you out the door. DH and I usually just do a card, but I told him that he has a pass this year. So are you making DH the chicken???

Sandy, any word on the job Bob was looking at?

Yes, Sue....you have a safe and wonderful trip. We want to see photos when you get back!

Well, it's chilly out there this a.m. I have myself convinced that I WILL walk once it warms up. usually, if I don't walk first thing, I don't get it done. But I WILL today. (notice the positive attitude there)

OK, time to run....hubby's out of the shower, so it's my turn. Chat with you all later.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:03 AM

3.2 miles on the treadmill I think
lol I found out the safety key works I accidentally bumped it at 1. something miles and it turned off the TM so I had to start fresh did another 2.13 miles

My sister just dropped of the dog and a bag of Krystal's for hubby
I sent her off with a big bag of grapefruit for my niece

Pattie he is cooking it, it is his one specialty I will eat
Just checked the freezer and there is no chicken so a stop at the grocery store is on the list

Im going to go throw a load of laundry in and hit the shower

Old 02-14-2011, 07:36 AM

So how's he cook this special chicken dish?

I feel like a real idiot now. DH not only got me a card, but some of these hand dipped chocolates we found at a little shop in Ft. Myers - he got turtles, choc. dipped sponge candy and Grand Marnier truffles. He did pretty well - all are milk chocolate, I LOVE sponge candy (you can't find it very often) and turtles. Now, Grand Marnier I can do without, but I'll manage to force them down. But I feel guilty because I didn't get him anything.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:46 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Morning peeps!

LOL Pattie, I have been in that uncomfortable situation. If you tell me not to get you something don't be surprised when I don't get you something.

Shadow & I have been out hunting this morning. It was warm enough here yesterday that some of the permafrost has begun to retreat and the snow is hard to walk on again. In a few minutes we will go visit the cookie ladies. Hoping to hit the Riverwalk later.

My friend & I are going to lunch today. The local "nice" restaurant has always lacked business because it is a little pricey. They do a wildly popular thing in the summer by opening on Monday afternoon (they are closed on Monday) on their balcony and cooking out. They offer $2 for any item off the grill. Can't really do that this time of year, but they got the message that if they offered some more affordable choices the people will come. They have recently opened a deli in part of the downstairs of the building. We are going to go check that out for a girls without SO Valentines Day.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:22 AM

Pattie his special dish is chicken breast pounded then dipped in breadcrumbs he then rolls them with cheese & bacon inside and browns them in the pan them finished them in the oven

Hey Evey do they have that secret shopper thing you did down here up there ?

Old 02-14-2011, 08:59 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post

Hey Evey do they have that secret shopper thing you did down here up there ?
They do, but there is not much in this little town. I would have to drive an hour each way to get to stuff. Not really worth it for the $5 they pay.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:13 AM

Enjoy your lunch, Evey. IMO, there should be an Anti-V'day movement.

Karla, that sounds real good. Any time you say "bacon" or "cheese", I'm there!

Old 02-14-2011, 09:56 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
Happy Valentines Day ladies.

Going to Ihop with a 2 for 1 meal in a few minutes.

Had a death in the family the other night so I'm making arrangements to go to Texas for the funeral this week. Yesterday was a crappy day for me but today is better. I know she's in heaven now and not suffering.

Treadmill has been ordered and I have a neighbor that wants to get rid of her elliptical so I might do that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals