Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 04:02 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Monday !!!
Frosty 42 degrees this morning

We are leaving for the airport around 8:45 We have to stop at the store then we are going to stop for breakfast on the way

lol neither of us were really hungry so we didn't go out for my "your going to be gone 4 days so lets go out for dinner" dinner So I said lets do breakfast instead

I am taking the 4-runner so I can stop for more mulch & gas for the mower on the way home
My goal is to wear myself out so I won't have trouble falling asleep cause we all know how I don't "love" being in the house alone at night

"Treading on the mill" mowing & putting down the mulch will be this afternoon project

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 05:30 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Morning!

Karla, just leave lights on I do that when Bob is gone.

Well up after a pretty sleepless night. Bob drinks so much Diet Coke during the day that I think it is making him stay up. Not sure but he does not settle down until about 3 or 4 and by that time I am awake. I got up last night and went to sleep on the couch, I gotta talk to him about watching the intake of that stuff.

Most of my day will be the interview, depending on what happens there a possible trip to Fort Wayne, and I have to stop at the grocery store for a few things. Then I have to call Gibbs foster Mom, she called last night when I was getting ready for bed and I just heard her message. I think that we are not meant to have him, Bob is still not ready for another dog and I can't be selfish and bring him into our home without Bob wanting him too. BUT I do want to interview for him, you never know....

I'll try to work in some type of exercise today and will post back later.

Have a good one all!

Old 03-07-2011, 05:37 AM

Good luck on the interview today Sandy !!!

I think Bob may be feeling as if he would be "replacing" Cassy and feeling guilty that he is not waiting. I was that way after losing my first Grey
A wise friend said "your not replacing him, you are honoring him by giving another dog the same chance at a wonderful life he had"

Maybe taking Bob with you to meet Gibbs to see if there is a connection. If not then you know you tried

Old 03-07-2011, 05:43 AM

p.s. lol my hubby is so funny
You know me the "over planner" He is much more laid back,a go with the flow where I am the "do you have your itinerary for the seminar and can you leave one with me just in case I need to get hold of you" and did you pack both the cell phone charger & blackberry charger"
lol lots of eye rolling
Then I said you need some cash you can't go out of town with out any. So i went into my "stash" and pulled out a $100 bill and said I put it in your wallet, he said I am not taking a big bill we can stop at the ATM and I can get 20's
So now we have to leave even earlier to stop at the bank

Old 03-07-2011, 05:51 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
I already thought that about bringing Bob with me Karla, but I have to speak with the foster Mom today and I don't want to be untruthful about how Bob feels (maybe down play it). I know I feel like I am acting to soon also, but I know in my heart that another little fur baby will help both of us heal and getting a rescue is so rewarding.

You sound like me getting Bob off! lol, his mother does the same thing! The year his Dad had that big heart attack and was going in for open heart surgery Bob actually left his license home! He had to go through special security and be searched but they did end up letting him fly (we lived in NC then and the airport was over an hour from our home so I could not run it up there). Since then I look in his wallet the night before!

Old 03-07-2011, 06:02 AM

Just tell the foster Mom you think Bob is still feeling the loss, being a foster Mom she has probably come up against this
I think looking for a male when you had a female is a good choice

ok it is 8:01 we are leaving at 8:30 hubby has to shower & shave he is still in his office working
lol I may have to start the "shouldn't you be starting to get ready"

Old 03-07-2011, 06:11 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Karla, I can't blame hubby. I don't like big bills either, especially early in the day, before they've had time to get $$ in their tills. I've been on the other end when you're trying to cash a $100 for a $5 item and you don't have the change to give them.

Safe trip to Mr. KwaK. I so wish I could have come to visit, Karla. Maybe next time. You'll be fine. and you have Lola and Ralphie there to protect you!

Did 3 miles - didn't want to do any, decided to do 2 miles; when I got to the clubhouse, I decided I would push it and go back home the long, pretty way and I did.

I may not be on much for a while, but will try to check in. They're re-evaluating Millie today, so it'll be a tough one for her hubby, I think. I'm dropping him off at 10, will probably go in and say hi to her. He'll call later when he's ready to come home. He and I had a real heart to heart last night. Let's hope he listened.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:25 AM

pattie hubby says Thanks

I think once he gets back I may talk to you about me taking a trip down to see you in the next couple months

lol I think I have over scheduled the next few days
lol today is filled up
tomorrow I m going with my neighbor across the street to watch her group preform (I am amazed she is the most active late 70's yr old I know)traditional Japanese dances at the local college Asian Culture Day since I have no idea how to get around the campus I will go early with her lol she said I can sit at the table while they are preparing lol She said will tell folks I am her adopted daughter and then thought it would be fun if I joined in the dances
ok Hubby really started laughing at that suggestion

We are going to go to the Navy commissary after because she needs to pick up a few things
This commissary has a great selection of See's Chocolates So I may have to put some in the basket
Wednesday is school and possibly sand delivery day so that would mean level the front yard time
So if I get everything done the 4 days will fly by

I am glad you had the heart to heart with Millies husband do you know if the boys will be coming to see her

Dang hubby is ready so I will catch you all later

Old 03-07-2011, 06:54 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
You got it, Karla. We'll have fun.

Ummm...if you dance, do we get photos?

Don't know about the boys yet. Jim says they know the seriousness of the situation and will be here "in a heartbeat" when they need to. IMO, now is when they need to, but that's not my call.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:56 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Morning peeps!

Dang Pattie, dealing with my own relatives is tough enough. I can't imagine dealing with someone else's. {{{hugs}}}

Good luck Sandy! Oh, and it is easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission.......

Shadow, Mickey & I have been out hunting this morning. We are getting ready to go visit the cookie ladies.

Lazy Susan stopped by yesterday and looks like she is settled in pretty well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals