U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 05:08 AM

17,833 posts, read 31,878,328 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

It's Wednesday !!

Yet another crazy day ahead
I have to be at school at 8:45 then leave there at 11 run to the bank set the pin on the new Debit card I have to overnight to CD and have our Banker confirm what the "over achiever rep" did last night
Drop the envelope at Fedex
Pick my neighbor up at 12:15 to drop her at the airport She is going to Miami for a Japanese conference. She is very excited because her son run the conference center so she will be able to see him

I should be home from these adventures by 2 though I may try to stop at the other DMV office which is on the way back to see if I can finally get this registration thing straightened out
The ins info was missing from the form and the lady at the other office said "you can not fill it out, the car owner has to" when I said he is out of town she said "oh well"
So thats why the other office lol

My exercise will happen when I get home

What are you all up to today ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 05:22 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,904,977 times
Morning all!
I have to get ready for said interview this morning and will take a few resumes with me to drop off at other businesses. That and clean up this office, between both Bob and I it is a mess, and I have to file again!
I think it is supposed to be nice today so I see a long walk in my future! I can't wait for a few days of sunshine so all of the ground won't be so soggy and maybe see some buds coming out on the trees
Karla, does the DMV allow you to do registration information online? That maybe an answer to your service rep problem, they are sticklers at DMV offices and I have yet to meet one in all the states we have lived in that will bend the rules. Hopefully you can get this taken care of.
I'm feeling better just really really tired. I hope the sunshine gives me a much needed energy boost.
Oh, hubby is on the "dirt" list. Monday night on his way home he failed to stop at a four way and got a (gulp) $105.00 ticket! He said I was not even going fast my tires could not have been moving, I told him I have driven with you, I KNOW you yield at that 4 way stop! At least he will think twice about it, but get this the court does not take checks! Just cash, money order or certified check!!! He is just lucky I am very mellow
Gotta get my interview is at 9:30 (just another temp service), oh the business I interviewed at last week "is not going to hire anyone now". Oh well.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:43 AM

Sandy yikes that is a high ticket amount
Does it come with points ?
A few years ago hubby got "got" by a speed trap they had on the street in front of our neighborhood. it is 35 and he was going 39
When they motioned him over they said "where are you going" lol he pointed 10 ft to the entrance of our neighborhood and said " there thats were I live"
The ticket had 2 points I told him go on line and do test thing so they go away
noooo he said just go pay it

I tried doing it online but because they don't have a record of his ins it said "take the form to the office" the problem is because the ins card says Texas so hopefully the other office will take it with the info filled out and not require the card

good luck with the interview

Old 03-16-2011, 05:53 AM

It probably does, but this ticket does not tell me anything! I had to look up the cost of the ticket, and am praying that the price has not gone up since they last updated the DMV website. Police are ALWAYS on this street and why he does things like that is beyond my way of thinking! Gosh we are in a small town, the police are all over!
We still have to register our cars in Indiana, but will not do that until our plates run out. Heck it is expensive to move and re-register both cars!

Old 03-16-2011, 06:51 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,418,956 times
You're right, Sandy...re-registration is expensive. In FL, your registration expires on the main person's b'day, which is 8/25 for us. Well, about a year and a half ago, DH decided he HAD to have one of the specialized plates right smack dab in the middle of our registration period. In addition to paying the extra $$ for the plates, we had to shell out something like $50 (not sure of the amt.) because we were trading plates in the middle. Men....

Karla...you had enough exercise yesterday with all that running around for a week! Holy cow, woman! Hasn't DH figured out that, a lot like his job, yours isn't always a 9-5 situation?

Did my 3 miles this morning. Glad I did. Lazy Susan was walking thru the door, but I managed to kick her out. It was a struggle, tho, let me tell you.

I'm in a quandry. The neighbor behind me (nice woman) called me yesterday and wants to walk with me two days a week. She has some health issues and I know she won't be able to walk as fast or as far as I want to. I couldn't say no. You'd think with 2 little letters like that it'd be an easy word to say, but not for me. Gotta work on that. I'm thinking, tho, it won't last long if I push her a bit. We'll see.

Millie's memorial service is this afternoon. A few of us are going together. I hope they do a nice job. I probably won't be online this afternoon, so if I don't see you all today, take care.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:29 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,046,874 times
Ouch... that is one expensive ticket!! Now I know why the police often "hide out" at the four way stop at the end of our road.

Not as busy as many of you today, but housework is now screaming instead of calling...

Will be walking with the hubster in the next hour or so. He's had a few stressful nights at work lately. Hopefully the walk will help clear his mind.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Old 03-16-2011, 08:28 AM

8,189 posts, read 30,177,553 times
Morning peeps!

Dang Sandy! When we were heading to our ruby mining trip I got pulled over for not having my headlights on in the fog. Mind you, the fog in question was nowhere near the ground, but the nice state trooper didn't much care. I was driving DH's vehicle, which is old enough that the headlights are not automatic. It was $160 (or something absurd like that) and they also would not take a check or an online payment.

It is a glorious morning here. Shadow & Mickey have been out hunting for almost an hour already. Shadow & I have been for a quick walk. Later we will most likely hit the Riverwalk. Shadow ate too many dog cookies/horse cookies/horse manure/hoof trimmings at the barn last night and has a little bit of an upset tummy so we will take a day off from visiting the cookie ladies.

I have to take my truck in this morning to have the brakes looked at. All of a sudden I am having a hard time keeping brake fluid in it. *sigh*

Old 03-16-2011, 09:11 AM

That is the way the states make money! Sorry about the brake fluid in your truck, but even if you have to pay for repairs it is cheaper than a car payment!

Interview was a joke, there are only industrial jobs around here and unless I can find something in N. Fort Wayne I think I may have to look for something other than office help. I did just get off the phone from a doctors office that is hiring in NW Fort Wayne (15 miles from my house), the office manager is calling me back with the date and time of interviews (only looking for pt. time help and wanted to eliminate the people looking for full time). I also applied at a golf course (can you see me in a beverage cart?), sounds like more fun than work
I don't blame you Pattie, I am not much on a walking buddy I prefer to enjoy the nature around me and clear my mind.
Well best go, I think I am going to wonder at the strip mall down the street and see if any help wanted signs are up!

Old 03-16-2011, 09:28 AM

hey all !!
back from school the were fun we have radishes !! in the raised gardens so I pulled a few to show them

Drove through Arbys to get hubby lunch and they have the new "Angus" roast beef subs
ok very tasty it looks like real roast beef

ok off to the bank then airport then fedex
and hopefully a successful attempt at DMV

Old 03-16-2011, 09:32 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,418,956 times
Me, too, Sandy. I clear my head (not that there's much in there anyway!), think things thru and talk to "The One". Having company is not my goal.

Karla...did you eat the radish??? Wow...just think - Arby's has beef that looks like beef now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals