Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 12:14 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times

Advertisements

Eeeeuuuuuwwwww! I never heard about the baby food thing. TG we didn't do that where I came from.

Sandy, I missed that post about Neda, too. So sad to hear about it.

Welcome, evilnewbie. You are dedicated, that's for sure. Most of us take the weekends off.

Karla, glad you're feeling better. Sorry you'll be missing the party, tho. But if they do the food tasting thing, I don't think I'd go either. I'm not a big shower fan unless it involves a stall and some water.

Did 3 miles w/the neighbor this a.m. Instead of my usual 45 min. it took 55. We had to walk REALLY slowly because she has 3 anuerysms in her head and isn't supposed to get her heart rate up too high. We had a talk about it this a.m. and I told her I may have to rethink it because I am a natural fast walker and I do it for the aerobic benefit. I think I'll call her this coming week and tell her that, altho I love her company and chatting with her, I really need to get my workout. But I was surprised that she lasted the whole 3 miles.

DH took Smokey to the vet this a.m. and he's picking her up right now. Poor baby had the same thing bandit did a couple of weeks ago and had to have a tooth pulled. They think it's a genetic thing (they're brother and sister) because their teeth are very soft and not "in" very good. Just when I think we're getting caught up, we get another "surprise". Oh, well. What would we do without our furbabies?

Busy day today....I did the first weeding of the year and got the whole front of the house weeded and gave all the plants a very much needed watering. Those poor babies were thirsty! Cleaned up a lot of dead leaves and flowers on the ground. Karla, you'd have been proud...I was out there for 2-1/2 hours. So I did manage to burn some extra calories. Got some laundry done, put away the clean dishes, took care of the dirty ones, made lunch and just got back from the pool and hot tub. I may even feel a nap attack sneaking up on me.

See y'all later. Have a great weekend, everybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 12:18 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear about Neda.

Karla and Sue, hope you gals get to feeling better soon.

Burned 250 calories on the treadmill today.

Sandy, the hot flashes keep me up at night. What a pain.

Welcome Evilnewbie.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:32 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Cheryl, I think that's cool that you can keep track of the calories burned.

Today I did one of the bridal bootcamp ones, with all the crazy lateral raises throughout and I am getting better little by little.

Easter Seals has a truck coming down our street tomorrow, I thought it was Sunday, so gonna go find some stuff to pack up for them.

Have a good Friday everyone.

Oh PJ8 started a Star Party for me in Comm. chat! Got big number 7

Old 03-25-2011, 02:37 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Congrats on your lucky #7 star, fuzzy!

Old 03-25-2011, 06:03 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
woo hoo congrats on the star fuzzy !!!

Pattie yikes not to sound mean but you need to remove yourself omg I would be a nervous wreck if I was walking with someone with 3 aneurysms in their brain that could be affected if their heart rate goes up

lola & ralphie are sending smokey puppy feel better hugs

well I went the drugstore to get hubby nightquil on my way to the way to the bank
when I got home I was worn out I forgot it was my first time out of the house except for the Dr all week
Guess I am not 100%
I made breakfast for dinner because I wanted something light (I haven't been eating much)
Well I was feeling a tad queasy after eating maybe I should of gone even lighter with what I picked
hey the one "good" thing is I think I might have lost a couple pounds

Old 03-26-2011, 06:11 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
I hope you are not getting the stomach flu on top of this allergy/cold crud Karla! Get lots of rest and try tea, good for the tummy.

Cheryl, not night sweats in my case just have not been able to sleep all night (except with a sleeping pill) since the 90's when I went through menapause (it is a curse us women have). Good going on the treadmill, it is easy when you see those calories melting off to push yourself (I had a treadmill once that kept track of calories burned).

Pattie I hope you can wiggle out of this walking buddy, I'm not too sure I would want to walk with someone with medical restrictions! Not when you are used to walking fast!

Old 03-26-2011, 06:30 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
Sandy I think it may be all the meds causing the tummy issues I just feel nauseous
Just had some rice pudding
I may give the tea a try thanks

Old 03-26-2011, 06:46 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Yes I agree Karla, that and the sinus drainage that goes along with a cold/cough. I eat saltine crackers when my tummy is funky, seems to help settle it.

Thanks all for the wishes for Lee and his little girl, I am sure he would appreciate all the thoughts going his way. Such a nice guy! Hummmm, I do have a single beautiful blond daughter..........hummmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals