Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 05:11 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good morning ladies !!!!

Happy Saturday

Heading out to Sam's Club in a bit with a stop at Lowes to look at pavers

Might even look at the plants to see what might work in the beds right in front of the dining-room & library windows where the bottle brushes were
I would love to do weeping waterfall Japanese maples but I think the area gets too much sun

If I find the pavers I want then I will do lots of lifting and bending for exercise

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 07:03 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Morning!
I'm up but think I may have to take a nap before work, last night was one that I had dreams/dreams/and more dreams, kept waking up and not able to sleep so I know I am going to be tired tonight.
Karla your day sounds fun! I can't wait to work in a yard again, and right now between Kim and Tricia I feel that I can be VERY helpful You will have to take pictures of your new yard, you have changed so much since the last set of pictures I bet your house looks really different
Got home last night and my house is half packed! We still had lots that were in boxes that we did not pack but Bob brought them out and has them all stacked up ready to move. He did not reserve the rental truck yet but said he was waiting until after Tuesday to see if we move next week or can wait at least through next week. I still can't believe this is happening, see God works in mysterious ways
Gotta get and see if Kim is up. Have a great day all!
Karla where in the UP is hubby from? Jesse is from there and his folks still live in Fletch, MI (way out in the country). Dave (Jesse's Dad) is the man that builds those beautiful log homes I have cross posted on FB. Small world.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:12 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
OMG, Sandy...so Bob got the job??? How cool is that??

Yeh, Karla...we want pictures!

Went to coffee this morning. What with "the season" winding down, there were very few announcements. Came home, DH had left for the library, it was soooo nice outside that I didn't want to go inside and I'm feeling way too lazy to work outside, so I turned off the A/C, made myself some toast from the home made bread the other night, spread it with p'nut butter, took the paper, my toast and some iced tea and sat my butt on the front porch. Neighbor came over and we sat and caught up with the world for a bit and here I am!

I think I'm going to put a pork roast in the crockpot and then relax for the day. Maybe even a pool visit.

Have a great day, all.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:18 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Morning peeps!

Dang Sandy, I was so hoping to take you to tea and introduce you to Shadow and...... *heavy sigh*

Shadow & I managed to get a quick walk in before the raindrops started falling. Right now it is thundering & rumbling out there and the radar is lit up like a Christmas tree.

The NASCAR race is tonight. I imagine that means I will miss the end of it. I never make it to the end of night races anymore.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:34 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
No he did not get the job. We won't know anything until Tuesday when he goes to the plant to see the Plant Supervisor. Bob worked there a long time and left on very good terms with them, his chances (I hope) are good. No matter what we are moving up there. He has unemployment and I can help out the girls while looking for a job. GR is a bigger city and we have better chances of finding work there as opposed to here, the pay is so poor here and the area is very poor. Most of the people I see come into work are on food stamps (sign of the times), because this area is so industrial lots of people suffered with automotive lay offs. There are only about 3 local printing companies and they are just plain not hiring (except RR Donnelly in Angola and they wanted someone experienced in running sheet press, Bob is not). Sooooo moving again, we just have to wait until after this week to know a date.
I know Evey, this is all happening too fast but I really feel it was meant to be.
Speaking of work, I am down to 12 hours next week! If you can believe the manager came up to me and talked to me about productivity last night! We are timed through the computer from our first scan to the drawer being closed and last week my timing was 54%, everyone at Kroger must meet 95%, he was nice but gently told me I had to work on this. I was surprised because I thought I was moving fast last week
Okay gotta get and make breakfast and get moving around here.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:59 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Well, I found out Billy is leaving in mid May to go to iraq as part of the 'advance team' and will be there until maybe January or February, which last time I checked is a little bit longer than six months, which is what he told me.

Today I am going to do a quick workout, later we might go looking at paper shredders-any of you have any recommendations? I looked at a couple online, seeing consumer ratings, so that's a start.

Have a nice day everyone.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:33 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Dang Connie. {{{{hugs}}}}

Just back from an awesome run/walk on the Greenway with Shadow.

Old 04-09-2011, 01:45 PM

Good afternoon ladies

Connie I swear men math yeah that doesnt sound like 6 months
But if it is ok we can send "care packages to him. I can get the kids at school to send him hugs !! and goodies

We have a small counter top cross cut shredder we love it because it is right there and we can shred things right away I think I got it at Walmart and it was less than $20

Sandy I think moving there is a great opportunity even though yo just moved the options sound much better
Hubby family is from right outside of Michigamme & Ishperming

Pattie I noticed more out of state cars & motorhomes on 95 recently I guess the snow birds are returning
Sounds like you had some nice "porch relax time"

Evey you can send the rain down to me so I don't have to water twice a day
I was somewhere this morning and saw some NASCAR stuff on clearance If I can remember I will go back and see if t is anything you may want

Wee picked up a really big pot for the lemon tree at sams then we went to Lowes found a paver we think would work so bought 10 as a text and they do look good so I will get the rest next week

Can home helped hubby clean out my "garden shelf" in the garage
then went out to the back to repot the lemon tree and well as a few moonflower bushes that are going to new homes

ok course I then did a DA thing at first I thought I would put the lemon tree in the middle of the garden so repotted it there

then I decided that the passion flower would be better there so it could climb up the fence so I dragged it off the patio and then picked up and carried the repotted Ba lemon tree pot across the yard to the patio where it was this morning

the DA thing is I didn't ask hubby to help so my back is out
that finished my yard experience for the day
I came in showered lol I had trouble putting my undies on so I am taking preventive measures & took half a muscle relaxer

Hopefully the spasm will release on it's own

I promise I will take pictures tomorrow I can't believe how much things have grown in the past 3 weeks

I spoke to my little brother for his birthday today I feel so bad for him his wife gave him divorce papers Christmas eve
and he was so upset while taking to him
Hes a good guy and treated her like gold

He said she went back to her ex and is living in Tampa she finally stopped calling him and being mean
I told him if she continues I will make a trip to explain things in that "oh so special way"

ok I feel the couch calling I'll check in later

Old 04-09-2011, 02:04 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Feel better, Karla.

I went to visit my friend Chris a bit ago. She makes the meanest drinks I've ever seen. You know how you have a shot or two of booze and the rest of the glass is mixer? Not Chris. A shot or two of mixer, fill the glass with booze. OMG, I've had my own muscle relaxer. How do I explain to hubby that I only had ONE margarita over with Chris when I can barely talk????

Say g'night, Pattie............

Old 04-10-2011, 03:42 AM

lol Pattie thats too funny !!

Back is not as sore this morning I can get up and down so I guess the combo of muscle relaxer and my butt on the couch worked
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals