Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 01:36 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,210,919 times

Advertisements

Pattie it sounds like an interesting day Not! Oh well better see the financial guy than to watch it go down the drain

I bundled up and walked two miles, huffing and puffing all the way back. It is brisk and cloudy outside but no rain today and temperatures are supposed to rise (NOT anywhere near the normal temperatures tho). Evey funny you were warmer than us but we still had the rain, wind, thunder and lightening (I did see hail for a while yesterday afternoon too).

Bob ran up to Menards this morning to get some plumbing supplies and he ran into one of his old golfing buddies (hummmmm welcome home!

Gotta get the girls will be home from school soon and I want to cut up some strawberries for a snack for them. Good grandma

lol Fuzzy I am drooling looking at the gardening sections opening up! I'm with you, NOW!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 03:34 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,308,573 times
Hi everyone,

Did 30 minutes on the treadmill.

I thought you were serious too Sue about moving. My mom lives in Mo. and they had some really bad weather too.

Easter - going to church, taking communion. Making a nice lunch with cornish hens and stuffing. Homemade strawberry shortcake for dessert.
There is an egg hunt for the local kids in the afternoon so I may go watch them hunt eggs.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:22 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,228,611 times
Had a very interesting discussion with the financial guy. He has a new program he'd like us to try. Guess we're going for it. He's been good for us. So far, whatever suggestions he's given us that we took we were happy with.

On the way back, we got behind this golf cart and realized it was our Sunday morning couple. They were returning a plate we'd given them with cookies on it, so they came in and we had a nice drink with them. The cats weren't quite sure what to make of the funny looking "cat" they brought with them (their dog Buddy). Then DH made dinner.

Oh, I have to tell you guys what I did today. Since we were going on a "business" appointment, when I got ready, I did the whole make-up/shave legs/put on lotion thing. We were on our way over to the appt. when I looked down and noticed a patch of hair on one leg. I look more closely and started laughing. DH kept asking why I was laughing and I couldn't tell him, I was laughing so hard. Turns out I'd only shaved one leg! I even lotioned my legs and didn't notice! As Bugs Bunny would say... "What a maroun!"

On that note...have a lovely evening.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:27 PM

I'm laughing with ya Pattie. I did that once before.

My realtor pulled up in the driveway today and showed the house to a couple. We didn't know anyone was coming - a surprise visit. She didn't call us because she didn't get a chance.
Anyway, I'm in loungewear as I usually am when I don't go anywhere. The lunch dishes are on the counter and there's things hanging around getting ready for the garage sale in a couple of weeks.
I know they liked the outside and I heard them say stuff about some of the things on the inside, sooooo please send your good vibes my way gals. It's about time for people to start looking here.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:35 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,228,611 times
Good vibes....good vibes...good house selling vibes......

Old 04-20-2011, 07:13 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,067,987 times
Evening ladies

Pattie lol there are people you can pay that will probably use less interesting language while cutting the cats nails
How cool that you will be cooking with home grown veggies !!!
rofl I noticed Monday while I was getting my toes done that I missed a big patch of hair on my shin. I was a tad embarrassed but the pedicurist didn't say anything or at least not that I could hear whew

Fuzzy that s actually a really good idea putting the pot right in the ground. I have though of doing that to make it easier to change them out.
I have heard boxing is a really good workout lol does hubby get "nervous" when your practicing boxing

Sandy your a terrific grandma I bet the kids are loving having you guys there !!

Cheryl sending tons of house selling good wishes. When I sold my house at the beach it was to a woman who called while driving by and wanted to come in now. We had just finished dinner and the plates & pans were in the sink and it was not in "show ready" condition so I was surprised when she said she would take it

School was fun the Citrus guy brought this BA auger and you know I had to say "ooo can I give it a try" lol good thing the woman who runs our program spoke up and said "thats not a good idea" because the citrus guy is as crazy as I am and he might of considered it

It was unbelievably hot so I was really glad when I got a text from one of the guys at CD house asking me to call him
Seems there was an issue with the pool pump water was spewing out
I told him to kill the power and I was on my way

Got the pool service company on the phone the owner came over and looks like the cylinder tank got a crack on the top thanks FL heat & sun
They are replacing it on Friday and because we haven't closed guess who gets to pay the $105

Got home around 4 hot sweaty and probably not smelling real good based on the look on hubbys face

Just uploaded garden pictures so I will post them

Old 04-20-2011, 07:19 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,067,987 times
Before Butterfly Garden

A month later

Former Herb garden
I took a bunch of flower seeds mixed them up and sprinkled them around

before

1 month later

Peach & lemon trees covered with blossoms

Potted lemon tree

A garden visitor
lol he had trouble getting down the fence to the birdfeeders

Old 04-20-2011, 07:58 PM

What beautiful pictures. They're so calming and peaceful looking.
The raccoon is a hoot. I love raccoons because of their cuteness.

Thanks for the good vibes.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:29 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,194,199 times
Cheryl I sold a house to a couple that pulled up in the driveway at 8:30 on a Sunday morning, called my agent, and waited while he called me. We were still in our pajamas eating breakfast. I told my agent they could see it, but warned him that I had just cooked. We threw on some clothes, grabbed Shadow, and bolted. They loved the house, 1/2 eaten breakfast still on the table, beds un-made, and everything. If it is the right house for them they will make an offer. Fingers crossed!

Old 04-20-2011, 08:32 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,508,554 times
What are those tall orange flowers behind the yellow ones in the second picture?

I don't mean putting the pot an all into the ground, I mean just taking the plant/s out and putting them into a big hole! They will spread, like usual, I'd imagine, especially in the ground. I think of it as a big head start on the flowers, you know what I'm saying? Don't want to wait around and wait around, then all I do is buy more and more to 'fill in' the blank spots and before you know it, it's like ooopsy!

I got this really cool gardening magazine with all these interesting flowers in it, like "kiss me over the garden gate", and "love lies bleeding" which I think I read Elston got one of those, and orienpet silk road, and all kinds of cool ones but they don't sell anything like that around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals