Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 02:44 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times

Advertisements

Cheryl, I see where you're coming from, but, having been raised a Catholic (I no longer practise for a variety of reasons), I understand the reasoning behind it. Most religions, as I understand, believe that Communion represents the body and blood of Christ, whereas the Catholics believe it actually becomes the body and blood during the consecration. Also, Communion is one of the seven sacraments of the Church. You must be a member in order to receive them. On very special occasions, some individual parishes will open it up to non-members, as long as they have been baptized as Christian. However, this is supposed to be extremely rare. With things the way they have been in the Catholic Church of late, many parishes/priests take it upon themselves to interpret the Church's rules and regs.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong and I hope I don't cause problems with my post; I just felt I should explain where the priest may have been coming from.

Me?? I attend church daily outside as I walk among God's nature. The way I look at it, most of the rules made were made by men (notice I didn't say people), not God. He only gave us 10 and as long as we follow those and the Golden Rule we're ok.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 06:50 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
I agree. I've been out of church for years because of man made rules but started going again a few weeks ago. I figured I'd give it a chance but I like to have my own relationship to God without man made rules. As soon as they start telling me what to do or not to do like I've seen in the past, I"m outta there but this is just a little mountain church where the people aren't judgemental and the ladies are a good support group for one another and they don't give me a bunch of rules to live by.
Like you, I also enjoy nature and see God.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:12 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Cheryl that church sounds nice
We are in the Bible Belt I never saw so many churches when I lived up north
You all know me & my ability to ask questions,so the few times I have attended with my MIL I had questions especially things were so different that how I was raised. Well hubby took me aside and asked that I not ask. She attends mass everyday

When we went to hubbys friends fathers funeral last fall it was an Episcopalian service and they invited anyone who was baptized to join them in communion

My FIL just called we haven't talked to him in months I sent him a pictures of the new table and what do you know the phone rings lol I think he is trying to figure out a way to come visit in hopes of sneaking it out of the house

Old 04-25-2011, 09:16 PM

Geez no, I was thinking about coming down and sneaking it out of your house. LOL

Old 04-26-2011, 04:43 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
lol Cheryl I was thinking about making it an traveling table lending it out for a month to everyone
maybe by then I could figure out when it can go in the house

Old 04-26-2011, 07:28 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Hey, wait! I offered first, so I get first dibs!

Old 04-26-2011, 09:47 AM

It can be like the traveling pants movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals