Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:06 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times

Advertisements

Back and got both sets of grandchildren (best of both worlds), after Maddie's recital (no I did not video it, they were funny and serious with the music but it hurt one's ears Got pictures thou and will post on FB, probably e-mail some to Karla so she can post for non-fb user! Came right back cuz I knew Kim was coming up and Tricia found them in the entrance to the neighborhood and took Natalie from her. Then Austin wanted Grandma and PaPa so he got dropped off too. Now we are back to being without kids and I have to pick up a prescription and show Bob how to get to Amway for his interview tomorrow.
Sue I love willow's would love to have this cotton tree cut down in Tricia's back yard and get one of those but the cotton tree is way big and would cut into our budget too much. SOOOOO will be happy trimming her lilac tree (which is up against the house, a no-no in my book) and transplanting some overgrown flowers.
Gotta get I think hubster is ready to take a break.
Hey any one else seeing grocery prices up over 1.00 in the past few weeks. I am trying to figure out if it is the difference between small farm town and bigger city town or if grocery prices has sprung up overnight.
Get to a doctor over that lump Evey, nothing to fool with..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 11:32 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
I just got off the phone w/Mr. Jim. Somehow he managed to get his groceries yesterday; I'm not asking how. We have decided to make Wed. a.m. at 10 Jim's Time, so we won't have to worry about phone calls and he'll know he has a ride to the store. Glad that conversation's over.

Yes, Evey....get it done! Glad the pain's gone.

Tet, so happy to hear we get to keep you stateside for a while longer.

Sandy, grocery prices have gone up. I'm trying to figure out why they're going up so much here when they don't have to ship the stuff from anywhere. Like watermelon....it grows here, why is the price going up??? Oh, well....

Karla, maybe it's contract negotiation time.....

Gotta go take something back to Radio Shack for the hubster while he takes a nap. Bye.

Old 05-05-2011, 02:13 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
You know how older dogs sometimes get those soft lumps? That is a fatty lymphoma. They are easy to recognize and they are completely harmless. Doctors generally won't do anything about them because they are harmless. This is on my back, just under the "wing" of my shoulder. Unless I start to look like The Hunchback of Notre Dame there isn't anything to be done with it.

Old 05-05-2011, 02:30 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Guess the OMA part just sounded dangerous, Evey. Good to know it's nothing serious!

Did a kind of boring workout today, but once I started it figured might as well stick it out til the end. The gal instructor even said it's not a fun one, but*
Spoiler
it's like eating vegetables, you have to do it.
*don't look Karla!

Off to do some stuff around here, and find some food.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:48 PM

Oh Evey I bet I have one of those on my back in the same area. My doctor's all know it is there and never ask if I want it removed so it has stayed there for hummmm about 18 years. Okay that is good as long as it is not a bad one, I'm with Fuz the name sounded bad
Fuz you will get our trophy this year for the most dedicated of us here at the exercise group! You exercise with or without rain, if you want don't want to, and you exercise hard.........me gulp I did not exercise today (she said as she hangs head), unless you count running after a 2 and 3 year old.
Pattie I give you and hubby a lot of credit, you are def good neighbors and friends and I hope Jim knows (and his boys) how lucky he/they are to have you as neighbors.
Tet glad you are legal here, have you considered staying here forever or do you and family fancy moving back to England? I know what you mean about the bad areas and big cars, lots of money in drugs.........saw lots of that in NC and AL.
Gotta get and take a bath, house is quiet and I am taking advantage of it.
Karla give yourself a raise and a big bonus will make all the headaches go away (and have a housecleaner come for a special treat this week)!

Old 05-05-2011, 04:54 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
[quote=cassy1;19033435]........me gulp I did not exercise today (she said as she hangs head), unless you count running after a 2 and 3 year old.
QUOTE]

Are you kidding? That counts EXTRA as exercise! Not the same as when we were young mothers! (but I only had one)

Old 05-05-2011, 05:05 PM

Thanks, Sandy. Jim has told me that he wouldn't be able to stay here without us.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:46 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
morning ladies
lol fuzzy on telling CD to get his butt here rofl could you imaging how crazy life would be plus he doesn't have a place to stay since I sold his house and there is no room at this Inn

Had a nice chat with him yesterday and he is aware how crazy things have been and when we discuss bonus later this month I think it will all be taken into consideration
Plus I still have the really nice diner at Capital Grill he gave me last month to use

Evey I am with the others OMA does sound scary why do they give scary names to things that are harmless
I can imagine the group of scientists sitting around naming things, they must of been trying to out do each other saying "ok how can we scare the crap out of folks even though it is harmless"
Having known a few science type I never got their sense of humor

Sandy when they were building the houses in my neighborhood it amazed me how they would plant the bushes so close to the house did they not "know" they would grow
I replanted mine further out

Pattie I think your plan for 1 day a week with Jim is a good one
what is it they say about "boundaries & fences"

Old 05-06-2011, 05:40 AM

Fences make good neighbors, I think, Karla.

Say...when do you want me there to go to Capital Grill with you???

Old 05-06-2011, 06:22 AM

Karla I agree with the bushes and trees, everything here (except the cotton tree) is planted right up against the house!

Pattie I am glad that Jim knows how lucky he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals