Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 04:53 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

Sending lots of good luck wishes to Bob today on his interview !!!

We all know he is going to dazzle them !!!

Going to hurry this morning with my work
Hubby is going to try and finish his work by 10 and take the rest of the day off
He has been putting in 12 hour days so he has plenty of "comp time"

I got payroll last night so I am thinking I too should be done all my stuff by 8:45 so I can run to the bank then we will be both done by then

Not sure what we will do, it will be fun to go play but I really would like him to get into the exercise room and fix the sound problem on the TV connection treadmill without having the TV is boring

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 05:49 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Good morning, all.

Did a short short walk this morning - somewhere around 1.5 miles. Hips/back are stiff today for some reason.

Got a load of towels in and the dishwasher's chugging away. Gotta put away this month's cat food stash. I should do some housework, but I think Lazy Susan's at the door, so I'm not sure. DH is out there, playing in the garden. I picked all but a few tiny leaves from the lettuce, a cuke and a couple of peppers this a.m. Guess what's for lunch..... He's really taking this gardening "job" for the neighbor to heart. I think he's spending as much time over there as he does here. It's good for him. Gets him out of the house, gives him some physical stuff to do.

Karla, I think you and DH need to go play. He can fix the sound tomorrow.

My DH has been trying to connect the BA TV to the Internet (again!). Wed. he spent 45 min. in Radio Shack, trying to figure it out while I sat in the car reading. I thought my bladder would burst before he got out there. Tried to get it rolling all afternoon, couldn't. Wed. night he went back to return the stuff, spent another 1/2 hour with them and tried again yesterday morning. I returned the stuff yesterday afternoon. The girl behind the counter took one look at it and said, "He got frustrated, didn't he?" LOL...she must have been the one he spent all that time with. He told me if he tried to return it, they'd try to talk him out of it again, so I did it.

Hoping for some rain. The yard is looking so dry. They keep teasing us, but it keeps going around. Oh, well.

OK, need to go visit OOH and then time to shower, I think. Enjoy your day, all. Hugs.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:57 AM

morning Pattie
your post reminded me that I have a load of clothes in the dryer that I forgot about
time to go re-dry them

The other day hubby was talking about getting a blu-ray DVD player because it could be connected to the internet and we could "stream" netflix movies
He mentioned something about needing a special cable or something

I didn't pursue it because between the sod his new woodworking tool & the surround sound we have spent enough money the last few months

I wonder if the folks at Best Buy might be able to offer solutions
I could always ask hubby if he knows and can offer suggestions

Old 05-06-2011, 06:03 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
It's a beautiful day... SPRING HAS SPRUNG... finally!!!

GOOD LUCK BOB!!!! You're going to ace it!!!

How's the hubster feeling this morning Pattie?

Off for coffee this morning with a good friend. Then I'll be bopping around the neighborhood with the dog. After that I'll be in the garden again. Got a call from the nursery last night... they have a new shipment of Honey Locust trees (bare root). Hubby is going to kill me. I really, really want one for the side yard. I can see some buttering up in my near future.

Going to get all the housework done today too. I want a complete free weekend. Son has a three day weekend and we're going to be celebrating his 12th birthday. Time sure does fly.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Old 05-06-2011, 06:10 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Yes...best of luck to Bob...

Karla, it's hopeless. I have a friend who hired someone who's quite reasonable and she says he's a real geek, so maybe.... Thanks for the offer, tho. OH, and that's exactly what my guy's trying to do.

Sue, DH is feeling much better, thanks. When I went off to Radio Shack, he laid down and I stayed away to give him some rest. He slept the better part of the afternoon.

Wow...12...the edge of teenage-dom. Best of luck, Sue!

Old 05-06-2011, 06:31 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
Happy almost birthday to Sue's son! lol, 12 is not as bad with boys as it is girls, you are lucky Sue girls now begin getting moody about 10 or 11 and it is not fun (ps Maddie is 10)! She reminds me of her mother at that age

Thanks for the well wishes, Bob is off to the interview now, it was rescheduled to 9am this morning (from 10). It has been years since I have been to Amway and it is indeed it's own little city out there. I have no idea how many miles of property the plants take up but it is one of the biggest businesses I have ever seen. I think he is real anxious.

I am having lunch with my sister today and then afterwards Maddie and Morgan are coming home and we will be off to the store to get their Mom something for mother's day. I trust Maddie to pick out something her mom will like, we were thinking flowers or a plant (they have beautiful orchids out right now, but I don't dare look at them I might kill them).

Well gotta get. Thanks again for the well wishes!

Old 05-06-2011, 10:23 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
Morning, everyone. Good luck to Bob, keep us posted. I saw some orchids at Kroger the other day, they are so pretty and so expensive, too risky!!!

Today I did this 20 minute circuit training workout I found in the new batch, boy the arm things he had on there, my shoulders were popping like a bowl of rice krispies!

Tonight we're going to buy some plants, and hopefully my plan won't get shot down about buying big hanging basket sizes and putting them in the ground instead of waiting. He and all his friends are giving me grief about it, but I told him that ohter people have said it was not a bad idea. He also said there was a lot of frost yesterday morning!

Sue, sounds like you are really on a roll with all the stuff you are doing! I'll bet it's going to be beautiful Happy Birthday to your little dude, hope it's fun. [you could always buy him a tree for his birthday ]

Have a good day everyone, i have a ton of laundry awaiting me too. Yippee.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:19 AM

lol I like the idea of buying him the tree as a birthday present

Old 05-06-2011, 11:26 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post
lol I like the idea of buying him the tree as a birthday present
Yep, and if he didn't like it he could regift it as a Mother's Day present!

Old 05-06-2011, 11:26 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Just dropping in to say hi.

Entertaining my stepson while he's here.

Good luck to Bob on his interview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals