Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 02:52 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,254,417 times

Advertisements

Izzy - Nooooo, I am not fit at all but I'm getting there.

I had a pretty good workout. I love the elliptical but it is so inaccurate. I clocked in over 3.6 miles but that couldn't be right b'c after I jog 3.6 miles, I just want to keel over but it was a breeze on the elliptical!

So I have a question for those of you who like ellipticals: which one do you use? THe one where the arms move or the one that have no arm movement? DH likes the arm movement but have the time he doesn't even use it. I like the no arm movement b'c I know I wouldn't use it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 03:53 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Happy Friday everyone! Sure am glad to see this day, I need a weekend off to catch up on reading and clean the pool. Hubby is working overtime so the cover has not been off all week, wonder what I will find tomorrow.

Lunch exercise today, and I found a person to exchange books with! It has been so long since I found anyone who likes to exchange treasures! Oh joy!

Evey, is it a foreclosure you have put a bid in on? Are they difficult to finance? I have wondered because they say there are so many out there, but yet they are not advertised, except where you pay for them. I know our paper has addresses when they go to auction. Just wondered.

Hope all of you have a great weekend, Karla and all receiving rain send to NC we need it bad and don't want a tropical depression or hurricane to get it.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:04 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
Evey, is it a foreclosure you have put a bid in on? Are they difficult to finance? I have wondered because they say there are so many out there, but yet they are not advertised, except where you pay for them. I know our paper has addresses when they go to auction. Just wondered.
It is an REO. It foreclosed in June.

Around here you can go to the courthouse & bid or you can wait for the bank to sell it. Once the bank owns it & they have put it out there you can actually go in and look at them just like any other house, and you purchase it just like any other house. You can do inspections, etc. although they are almost always sold absolute as is. If you bid at auction you are buying without walking through or inspecting.

Check your county clerk's website for foreclosure info. Here they have the next 30 days' worth of foreclosures posted along with the amount that the lender will bid up to.

I am not financing this house, so I can't answer to how hard it is to get financed for an REO. I expect that lender would want to know that it was worth at least as much as the loan amount.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:17 PM

36,421 posts, read 16,032,420 times
Ok I suck at this, at least at checking in every day. I am doing weights and only walking on the weekends, it's over 90 everyday after work, just can't get myself to walk in that heat. karla, Ok i wanna retire so I can go to a gym and PUMP or whatever, love Yoga and Pilates too and do some of that at times. I gotta pump tonight, need to build some muscle back. Losing weight since Mom died and want some muscle before DD see's me in Sept. I am doing squats with 10 lbs and bicep curls, tricep french press and shoulder presses. I can see the little pip-squeaks popping out.... I am such a dork. Have a great weekend everyone. Wish I was at the Beach Evey!!!!

Last edited by tasmtairy; 08-03-2007 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: can't spell

Old 08-03-2007, 04:18 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Thanks Evey, I tried to rep you but I guess I have not spread enough around lately.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:21 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Hi kids
checking in it was a busy day went to the gym did the new body pump class, lol why do I have this feeling that my legs will be "complaining" tomorrow

then did 30 mins on the elliptical
foma I do both sometimes I just hold the fixed handles and sometimes I use the moving arms. it really is easy just hold on and it will guide you

treated myself to a pedicure this afternoon now I have happy toes lol

going to be a quiet hubby and all 3 dogs are snoozing away
lol I just want to stand up and say "hey wake up its only 6:20 !!!!!"

tee hee

karla

Old 08-03-2007, 04:27 PM

3 folks posting at once lol go figure

tasmtairy as you get stronger up the weight it will help build those muscles
I will gladly share 10 of my pounds with you just tell me where you want me to send them

evey dealing with a bank on a REO is more patience than anything. One would think they would want to get rid of the property quickly but alas they seem to go slowly

I am now thinking of putting a couple of dog treats on my dozing hubby and the dogs will wake him lol

karla

Old 08-03-2007, 06:16 PM

292 posts, read 993,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
I am now thinking of putting a couple of dog treats on my dozing hubby and the dogs will wake him lol

karla
You going to post that on UTUBE?

Old 08-03-2007, 07:44 PM

hey now there is an idea

Old 08-03-2007, 07:48 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,908,193 times
Default Done

Whew- I'm done ! Cardio-kickboxing tonight - Good class ! I took 4 classes this week - Maybe I'll try my test-jeans on Monday??? I'm scared
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals