Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 03:33 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

Just a reminder
Today is the post offices "Stamp Out Hunger" food drive
I went through my pantry and found a bunch of stuff to donate
So take a look and see what you may have

Yay it is the weekend !!!

When I asked hubby what he wanted to do today he said what do you want to do.
I think he was surprised when I told him I wanted to go shopping for a new lawnmower !!!
I want one that does a finer mulch so I don't have to bag the cuttings
I also want one where it is easier to raise & lower the mowing height
The one we have now takes the strength of a "ironman" to adjust

I will probably take a look at Sears Lowes & Home Depot
lol we all know I would love a riding mower but the yard isn't big enough and there is no room in the garage to "park" it

Not sure what else is on the "agenda" except mowing

They are once again teasing us with the chance of rain but the ran on the radar keeps fizzling out before it gets to us

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 06:03 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
G'morning.

Yep. We got our bags ready and I'll be putting them out by the mailbox shortly. I love it when they have food drives like this. It gives me a chance to get rid of stuff DH overbought (like when he bought 10 boxes of Cheerios!) and give it to people who can use it.

The lady I met on CD in the Florida forum is coming to look at houses today and is supposed to drop by to say hello, so I'll be shining up the house a bit this a.m.

Karla...I was thinking about your back yard and a riding mower. You'd barely have room to pull it out and back it up! LOL...I can just see you!

That 2" of rain we got?? I dug out a patch of mulch...the rain didn't even get thru it. It just rolled off and went down the drain. We had some thunder hollerin' at us this a.m., but it rolled right on by, as usual. Still hoping for more, too.

Well, gotta run. I'll BBL.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:23 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,498 times
Good morning!!!

Hubby would love a riding mower... but there'll be no need for one when I'm done with all the beds!!! lol

Over did it yesterday with the digging and my lungs are not happy. I sound like a two pack a day smoker! I'll give the buggers a rest today and then back at it tomorrow. It's supposed to be nice with no humidity.

Put a fire under the hubby's hiney yesterday. He pulled the wheels off the trailer and had the rims and caps sand blasted and powder coated at work. He has to go all out!! They look good though. Anyhoo, going today to Wal Mart to have new tires put on them. Once the trailer is up and running again then I can get all the sod out and the mulch in.

Well, because Wal Mart is near Home Depot, I'll be checking out some of their perennials. Need some Black Eyed Susan and False Indigo for starters...

Oh, I'm also going to a meeting run by a large group of Veterans who help other Veterans/Active Duty in need and their families. Trying to get them interested in showing support for the Memorial Day Ceremony that I am a part of organizing. Got the slide show of last years Ceremony done, so fingers crossed.

Now I have finished writing a book... will be out walking in a few. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Old 05-14-2011, 06:47 AM

lol researching lawn mowers is like researching cars these days with all of the features

Pattie what kind of much do you have I know you have told me but I forgot

lol on your fancy trailer wheels Sue !!
I have often wished I had a trailer for the big hauls

ok time to go drag hubby out of his office so we can go shopping

Old 05-14-2011, 07:45 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
Morning all! I dodged rain drops and made it through a mile walk today. We have a big 25 K run here today, my cousin's hubby was supposed to run it but he hurt his back moving some things at his cottage so no go on the run. I was going to go cheer him on but just to watch the race is not my cup of tea.

Temperatures have cooled down with this rain we got last night and it is rather cloudy and dreary out, perfect weather for organizing my room and cleaning it. I want to clean out the rest of Tricia's kitchen cabinets too so maybe I might begin with two cabinets today.

We had a nice time with the kids last night, Bob and Jesse drank a few beers and the girls and I played with Natalie and Austin. Natalie was singing with veggie tails last night and it was so cute, she actually has a pretty sweet voice. I can see her now at the Christmas Play at school or church singing her little heart out. What a ham.

Gotta get. Bye!

Old 05-14-2011, 09:48 AM

Karla, we have the red mulch - certified, of course!

Just finished all my housework. DH is working outside. He found a nice place for the red oleander - it's right between the 2 windows in the den, so we can look outside while we're on the computer and see it! Cool!

Wow...tet, you take care of yourself, you hear? Your garden sounds wonderful.

Sandy, I'm with you on that running thing. Ick. Now, those beers sound good right now.

I have to go shower and then hold down the sofa on the lanai till I hear from Carol, the lady coming to visit.

Hugs, all.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:21 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times
Hi everyone,

Was the food drive a nationwide thing? It didn't happen here.

Did the treadmill for 45 minutes.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:23 PM

According to the paper, it was. Wonder what happened?

Old 05-14-2011, 02:25 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
I saw it was nationwide on the website but never heard it announced in our area. I have lots of food I could/would have put out if I could have confirmed it was here (used to be that they put a flyer in your mailbox).

Did I say I wanted to accomplish something today? Well I got nothing done and have layed around watching tv, now I am wondering what fast food we can have for dinner (pretty bad when I don't want to cook).

Where is Evey today? She always checks in...............

Old 05-15-2011, 03:50 AM

Morning ladies
Yay we finally got rain !! probably close to 1 1/2 "'s

When we got back we drove in from the other side and I noticed a few folks had put a bag out
Or mailman put a postcard and empty plastic grocery bag in our mailbox on Friday

Pattie I think I may know why the water is just rolling off your mulch
I experienced this when I use to use Cypress mulch
it almost forms a mat layer that prevents the rain getting through
I have a feeling the red may be cypress mulch that is just dyed

You will not notice this as much with hand watering because it is a more direct force of water

Well came home with a new honda mower it has speed adjust controls which mean I can increase or decrease the pace
The wheel adjustments are much easier to control and has the dual blades which make very fine mulch

I am not sure if I like it though, this one is rear wheel drive instead of front and it doesn't have the 2 bigger wheels that the old one does so turning is not the same I use to be able to mow one handed with the other one
plus starting it involves 3 steps
I am going to give it another try next week to decide if I am keeping it
I did the front hubby did the back
Got done about 10 mins before the storms came through

Spent the rest of the day catching up on the TV shows we had on the dvr & on demand

Made cube steak for diner usually I bread them in flour & Italian breadcrumbs saute them then add the gravy and into the over for a few hours
I was not in the breading mess mode so just browned them put in the gravy and then in the oven
I actually think I prefer them this way
Not only was it not as messy but after 1 1/2hours they were tender and I guess without the breading the gravy flavor was able to "soak" in more
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals