U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 04:14 AM

17,833 posts, read 31,591,523 times

Advertisements

As one of his adopted "Aunties" I would like to make this a special Thank-you
thread for Billy & Connie

Thank you Billy for your service to our Country and Thank you Connie & hubby for raising such a fine young man

You know we all have "both of your backs" !!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 04:31 AM

17,833 posts, read 31,591,523 times
I am going to go over to the used book store with my friend around 10
I have 2 or 3 boxes of books I am taking

So I had hubby wake me early so I can get my paperwork done

Yay hubby got the old surround sound system installed in the exercise room
I will be heading in there to try it out when I get home

We discussed setting up a work out schedule for both of us
Since we both get up early we are thinking about making 6 to 7 work out time we can do 30 mins on either the treadmill or the bike then switch
then we can have breakfast then both go back to work

Not sure which morning we will start. But with the mornings already booked through Wednesday I am leaning towards Thursday.

What is everyone up to today ?

Old 05-16-2011, 06:46 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,971,938 times
I second the "Thank you" 110%!!!! Support our amazing troops and their families.

Karla, I think it's great that you and the hubster can exercise together!

Already went out this morning at 5 to fertilize the grass. Hope it does a good job at killing the dandelions. We're all having problems with them since one neighbor thinks it's ok to have a field of the darn things.... grrrrrr.
No walking this morning but lots of digging... again! I need to stop the insanity! Going to be loading up the trailer with lots of sod so I can finally get the one garden bed finished Might take me a couple of days.

Going to be a beautiful spring day and I'm going to be out in it!!!!!

Have a wonderful Monday everyone!

Old 05-16-2011, 07:28 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,216,627 times
Good idea, Karla. Billy and his family deserve our thanks...so here's a big one from us here in the Exercise Thread. Hugs to all of you. We'll have a big welcome back party when he returns.

Did my 3 mile walk today. Saw lots of fish and turtles in the ponds. And some pretty birds, looking for food in the shallows.

Beautiful morning here. Low humidity, just below 70. We're supposed to see slightly lower temps - in the mid 80's rather than 90's. At least for a few days, anyhow.

Jim update: his son from Melbourne was here for a whole 24 hours. He's gone; Jim's still here. I don't know why he came, unless Jim called him, but I hope they made some arrangements to help him out, especially since the sheriff's office is aware that he has been driving and they came to talk to him about it.

My daily chores are pretty well done - one load of laundry is hanging, the 2nd is about to be hung and the 3rd is waiting to go into the washer. That just may be all for me in the housework department.

DH and I had such a nice evening yesterday. About 7:30, we took off and went to the hot tub and then hung out in the pool for about 1/2 an hour. I was soooo relaxed when I got home. It felt good.

Gotta call the dr. today. I called Friday about some pain I've been having in my left leg and I can't get in to see her till June 23! They did say I could see the PA sooner, so I think I should really get my butt (and leg) in there.

Have a great day, all. Hugs.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:41 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,825,228 times
Connie I support you, hubby and Billie, we all know how hard this is for you and it does not go without notice. I have added you, hubby and Billie to my prayer list. You have a fine young man there and we are very proud of him.

No walk today, I stayed up until 11 to watch Desperate Housewives (have not watched that show in years and picked right back up on it a few weeks ago). I'll have to do some type of exercise this morning, just not sure what it will be.

I have some cleaning and laundry to do today and of course searching the job boards. For now that is the extent of my Monday!

Sue hubby used Scott's weed killer on Tricia's dandelions, and they are gone. It was the spray bottle that you hook up to the hose, her yard was filled with them and now she is the only one of 3 neighbors without them. He did have to use two applications though because she was fighting crab grass, clover and dandelions.

Gotta get and I will post back later after I figure out what my exercise will be.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:17 AM

8,189 posts, read 29,931,891 times
Morning peeps!

Good vibes & heartfelt thanks to Billy, and all of his peers.

Beautiful morning here! 46 degrees with bright sunshine and a stiff breeze. Hard to believe I was sweating my butt off this time last week.....

Shadow & I headed out to hunt this morning only to find that the hunt had come to us. There was a beautiful deer in the back yard. Shadow was scared half to death and hid behind me with all of her hackles up. The doe saw us, and there was a nice long stare down before she went back to grazing in the yard. Poor Shadow was so scared she was shaking. Eventually the doe wandered back into the woods. Apparently Shadow will only chase deer if she can hear them but not see them. TT sat right beside me the whole time with a look of wonder on her face.

We have been to visit the cookie ladies. Later we will hit the Greenway for a nice walk.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:56 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,216,627 times
Hi, evey...sounds like quite the adventure. Poor Shadow!

Got an appt. with the PA for 1:00 this afternoon. Yay!

Old 05-16-2011, 01:10 PM

7,364 posts, read 18,355,315 times
Hi everyone,

Thank you to Billy and to the rest of the military for what you do for us and thanks to Connie and hubby for raising a fine young man. God bless our men and women who fight for our freedom.

Evey, my dogs pretty much do the stare down to the deer but will not chase them much anymore. Seems like the only time they chase them now is out walking and they see one. Sometimes they bark when they are in the yard.

Did 45 on the treadmill today, did some laundry and changed sheets. We are all freaking out over the fire danger and wish it would rain. Not freaking out but just concerned. Fires all over NM keep popping up. I just hope we don't get a fire here like we did a couple of years ago.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:45 PM

13,579 posts, read 5,032,287 times
Good evening ladies!

Karla - exercising with your hubby sounds good. My hubby is way too fit to exercise with me together. Due to his playing soccer he can run much better than I can so jogging is quite exhausting with him. But I made him accompany me on the bike. So jogging is not that boring like when going on my own.

Evey - a doe in the yard. Poor Shadow

The week started grey and rainy over here and I had ran errands this morning (went to work, to the drugstore, got some pictures printed, went grocery shopping) which exhausted me so much I had to take a nap with Anni It was heaven. I try to enjoy this year at home as much as possible so I took her to bed with me for an hour and she slept in my arms. That was so cute.

Miguel is quite a handful these days and I'm getting all the workout I need with him it's 8:45 now and I'm already ready for bed. I guess I won't turn even 10 pages before falling asleep

Tomorrow is my grandma's 70th birthday so I need to bake a cake for her and prepare her gift. That's all I have on my plan for tomorrow morning so maybe I can squeeze in a walk with Anni if it's not raining.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:41 PM

5,453 posts, read 7,825,228 times
Oh MM enjoy this time, mine are all grown now and it just seems like yesterday that I was in the same stage as you! PS now I get to spoil my grandchildren all I want

Pattie let us know what the PA says, I wonder if you have pulled something on your walks. Hoping it is something easy.

Evey I love that TT was sitting next to you with wonder in her eyes, what a wonderful thing to experience like little kids seeing something spectacular for the same time. Lol, at least Shadow is smart enough not to try to chase the deer, Cassy used to ignore them in NC WHICH was quite good seeing as we had bucks around too.

Well no exercise today I steamed cleaned the couch and now just finished Bob replace a rotten board on the deck. I guess I have worked out enough today doing these things At least that is my story and I am sticking to it.

Cheryl I will gladly send you some rain next time we get some, we just had a weekend filled with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals