Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 03:36 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

They are calling for 96+ today

Boy am I glad I got the yardwork done yesterday

We are heading to breakfast then a quick stop at Target lol I need more ice cube trays. The ice bin in our 3 door fridge is very small and with it being so hot we run out of ice each day.
lol I wonder if they still make those old fashion aluminum ones with the lever !!

Not sure what else we will be doing today but you can bet it will be inside stuff and maybe a nap

Got up at 3 (lol maybe thats because I went to be at 9 ) on my 2nd load of laundry and just finished cleaning up the kitchen
You can get a lot done when you get up that early

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 07:16 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Good morning! Got up early and watered the gardens, including our neighbors'. When I finished, DH started draining the old hot water heater. He said it's going to take all day - the water's just dribbling out. Oy vay..... So he's out there, straightening things up while it's dribbling. Called my mom. Just had some cereal. So I'm catching up on CD. I'll be going out in a few minutes to see if I can help. Can't do much in here without any water. Darn.

Catch y'all later...have a great day.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:04 AM

Wait your going to be without water all day !!
holy moly

I wonder if a calcium build up is what is causing it to only trickle I would see if you could use a screwdriver to knock some lose I mean its not like you going to keep the thing if you do some damage to the spout

rofl I am so glad I put in my post I needed ice cube trays after breakfast on our way to target I forgot what I was going there for so I just looked up the thread on my phone

It is sooooo hot out there I was sweating just standing there taking to the neighbor across the street

I am going to hide out inside all day

Old 05-22-2011, 08:35 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
Morning!

Well Tricia's "party" went until after 12:00, I was long in bed by the time the last person left but really not sleeping. Was kinda nice to see the Keane girls, they were like my second set of girls, Marsha was Tricia's friend and Angie was Kim's. Lol, had a good time but then my bewitching hour struck and I had to sneak away to bed, where Bob already was.

Not sure what my day holds, humidity is hitting Michigan but still not icky like southern icky. Girls have misquito bites all up and down their arms and I threatend "the pink stuff" Morgan's eyes got real big and she said "NO".

Have a good day all and Karla keep us updated on your neighborhood drama, do you think he is trying to get the guys to back out of buying the house?

Oh and in AL I had to buy ice cube trays and could not find the medal kind, let me know if you find some.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:49 AM

Old tank is drained and out on the curb. The water, however, did not make it into the fountain. DH did something to speed it up, so it only took about an hour to drain. He said he couldn't get it to come out fast enough, so he ran the hose down the driveway, which has a bit of a slope to it, which helped. Therefore, the water went down the drain. Oh, well...we tried being green.

I would guess we'll have water around 2. He just left to go get something at Lowes for the new tank. It's ok. I don't have to do laundry today. Did that yesterday because I was out of undies! Naturally, the minute he turned off the water, body decided it HAD to go to the bathroom, so I just hopped in the car and drove over to the clubhouse and used their bathroom. I'm feeling restless, but not enough to do any housework! Besides, it's Sunday, right??? That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

We have a deep purple/white datura that planted itself from the seed pods in our old one that died in the frost this winter. You should see that thing. It has a humongous blossom and the colors are so vibrant. Wish you were here.....

Old 05-22-2011, 09:04 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Morning peeps!

Humid here this morning as well.

Shadow & I headed out to hunt bunnies on the Greenway this morning, but I was having trouble getting Shadow to come out of the shady part of the trail. Best weather forecaster is a black dog..... Later we will go down to the river so she can swim.

Toby seems to be back to normal and he will be coming home sometime this afternoon. No apparent reason for the symptoms. I think he just likes to hang out at the vet. They let him wander around & visit with everyone.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:08 AM

Yay, Toby! Thanks for the good news, Evey.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:24 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
Yes to Toby feeling better I think he just does not like it when his Mom goes out of town!

Old 05-22-2011, 04:57 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Yay for Toby !!!

Old 05-23-2011, 03:43 AM

Woo hoo go Toby !!! I am so glad he is back home

Sandy I think that is exactly what he was trying to do. They guys & I even discussed it and I was so relieved when they said he is not going to run us out

pattie send me pictures of the datura and I will post them

I love it when I get "volunteer plants" where the old ones were
I noticed lots of baby New Guinea impatiens popping up in the one front bed they are even sprouting in the spaces in the area in front of the bed I didn't realized they reseed so well

Oh I forgot while we were at Target we picked up one of those tower style Oscillating Fans for hubbys office it is always so hot in there. I asked my friend next door and they have the same problem(he also works from home) with the room
They said they got a fan & it helped

Well thought hmmm I wonder if it would do better than the ceiling fan in trying to keep the familyroom cooler
So I brought it in and wow !!
It worked so well I was able to turn the AC up to 79 and we were very comfortable even though it was 96+ outside
I think moving the air at a lower level instead from the ceilings (which are 10') makes it cooler
lol why do I have a feeling I am going to go buy a 2nd one so I don't have to wait till hubby is done work for the day before dragging it from his office

Finished up the laundry and made a nice steak dinner it was to hot to grill so I did the sear finish in the oven method

Last edited by FLPL75; 05-23-2011 at 03:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals