Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 07:07 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Sigh closing delayed until tomorrow We needed one doc sent from the ship and their internet was down
So we sat at the closing office for a couple hours

grrrrrr
got home around 6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 03:50 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
ok lol it was a "comedy of errors" yesterday afternoon

We found out 1 hour before closing that they didn't have the needed doc
I wish you could of seem me and the other buyer on both of our phones trying to find a way to contact the ship
I must of called every possible number I could find

I even got the contact information for the ships ombudsmen and explained to her the situation. She was going to email the person on the ship (forgot his job) and let them know to have the CO send the needed statement Of course it was the middle of the night where the ship was so we have no idea when he will see this

and of course during my "phone-a-thon" I get a text from CD asking me to change his flight to today
lol so there I am sitting on the floor with my laptop on, the airline on my cell changing the flight while handing over original docs I had for the closing

Then we head into one of the offices. there we were sitting at the closing table me the other buyer & both realtors. lol of course my Realtor is mad at the other one because he thinks she dropped the ball so he is putting out little digs the rest of us busy ourselves with out phones and laptops

Yesterday morning was spent with the pita neighbor drama
I found out **gasp** that the letter did come from the property manager after I finally got hold of him
Seem "pita" made so many phone calls to the property manager and board pres that the board pres approved a letter being sent. This was a very big and possible illegal mistake

Needless to say once I explained the situation along with back up email to the PM he freaked out because "pita" lied to him
When I asked who made the decision to forward the letter to the buyers bosses he said "pita" was pushing it and they agreed hoping to shut him up

Of course I asked "did either of you investigate any of this" no of course not they believed what "pita" was saying
The board pres was only elected 3 weeks ago and just moved into the neighborhood a few months ago. he got elected because no one else wanted the "job" of course neither of them bothered to ask my friend who has been on the board her opinion.

When I asked the PM if he had sent the letter to their bosses he said he sent one but forgot the attachment so when he heard back that there was no attachment (after he spoke to me & my friend on the board) he replied that new information had come to light and he was beginning to doubt the validity of "pitas" complaints.
Hopefully for now this will be enough to keep them out of trouble at work while he "investigates"

I want answers to:
Why was a homeowner not on the board allowed to help write & tweak and hand deliver the letter
What authority does the PM & HOA board have in contacting employers of residents
Why was this matter not investigated before further action was taken
What are you addresses so when the buyers contact their attorney for a possible lawsuit you can be served

oh I have not shared with the buyers this latest development I do not want this latest drama to have them "walk"

Old 05-24-2011, 06:17 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Karla this is crazy and I feel so sorry for you and the guys! One I really think the association overstepped their boundries, is the board not governed by a contract or "rule". Somethng like noise problems should be left to the police so they can research the complain LEGALLY. These poor guys, this neighbor may have REALLY gotten them in trouble considering the strictness of the service personnel. Real bogus and I hope the guys get an attorney to send out a letter and get this neighbor off their back. Bunch of BS if you want my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals