Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 04:40 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

I can't believe it is June !!!

They are saying we have a 30 % chance of rain today so I think I need to be doing the dance to help insure we get something

I was suppose to go back to school today so we could take the kids out to "harvest" the gardens but I got a email late last night that they were still having system issues in TX
What part of hello !! you forgot to install MS office when you put it in the new hard drive and operating system
They can not produce any reports
So instead I will be on the phone with the systems folks and a little chat with my Manager who should of been in early to over see things

With the time difference I will be able to get my treading in before the systems company opens

lol i think I am going to watch another of the couponing shows
I am just amazed by the weirdness

What are all of you up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 04:47 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
Morning Karla and all!

Cooled down up here and it is beautiful this morning. Yesterday we had what I call southern humidity! It is very rare for Michigan to have that type of warm weather especially in May but Monday and Tuesday were yuck! I did not even sit outside to read, but rather stayed in and watched the Casey Anthony trial.

I'm running over to Kim's for a while this morning to get more books from her. She let me begin reading a series she has and I finished the first book in 2 days! lol, best make sure I begin looking for jobs before I pick up the second!

After everyone here leaves I am going to work out with Denise and then clean up and leave for Kims. Supposedly my son is going to come over for dinner tonight, we will see if he gets the night off work (he works two jobs day and night and usually the night job calls him in)!

Gotta get and finish my cruising around on the Internet and get busy. Think I may make the girls something nice for breakfast!

Old 06-01-2011, 06:18 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Morning peeps!

Sandy, you are right. The last couple of days have been abnormally warm & humid. We also got a break from the humidity this morning, but it is still supposed to be in the upper 80's today.

TT stood on my head at 6:08 a.m. and made a rather exuberant announcement that there was something out in the yard. Ugh! So we all got up and went outside to be greeted by a couple of rather large racoons who said "Oh, Is this your house? Sorry, we thought it was vacant". Once again TT was the brave one and Shadow said "WTF are those things?!?"

Since I was up I went ahead & got dressed. Shadow & I have taken advantage of the early and the cool and we got a lovely walk in down by the river, where we found yet another thing to add to Shadow's list of scary things. There were 7-8 turkey buzzards down on the river bank. They were scary enough just sitting there, but once they began to fly away I thought poor Shadow was going to faint.

I went to the barn yesterday and found my horse with a badly swollen leg. *sighs* I spent a couple of hours cold hosing, walking, poulticing, and bandaging. 3 weeks before the horse show and I am wondering if he is going to be usable.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:34 AM

Oh man Evey that is a bummer, any idea what he did? Yep we are only supposed to be in the high 70's today, sure seems nice. Evey did you get any of the violent storms yesterday? We were supposed to and they blew over without a rain drop.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:39 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,498 times
Sorry to hear about your horse, Evey. Hope whatever it is isn'y serious.

Karla... go get 'em girl!!

It has been very windy here. Went walking yesterday and got blown all over the place! Today my walk will be later. Heading up north on the bike to deliver photos. I could mail them, but it's an excuse to go riding!

How did Bob's first day go?

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Old 06-01-2011, 07:07 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Good morning, all.

Evey, sorry to hear about your horse's leg. I hope he's ok.

Karla, Rain Dance for ya, girl.

Sandy, it sounds like Bob may have found a "home".

Hi, Sue! Have fun biking.

Did 3 miles... gotta run. Roof Guy just got here. Fingers crossed we don't need a new one, even tho ours is 11 years old.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:21 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Sandy we did not even get clouds yesterday. It was just grossly hot & humid. I remember thinking that May was much too early to be having deodorant failure......

My horse had a tiny little cut on his leg on Saturday. It was fresh when I spotted it. I cleaned it with surgical scrub and got a topical medication on it right away. It looked fine on Monday when I was out there, but all of a sudden it just swelled. There is no heat anywhere in the leg and he does not have a fever so I am guessing there is no infection, but I used a drawing agent on the wound (if you can even call it a wound) yesterday just in case there is something in there and I used a ton of poultice on the rest of the leg. He got some horsey NSAID in his dinner last night. I will head out there this afternoon to give a lesson and I will see how he is doing. I have not gotten a frantic phone call from anyone this morning so I am guessing that at the very least it does not look any worse today.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:40 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
42 mins on the treadmill done I increased the speed to 3.4

Now I am hoping TX is up and taking phone calls

Sandy I am glad Bobs first day went well I am sure it is nice to be in a non rushed work atmosphere

Sue a bike ride sounds fun !!! especially if it is a cool day

lol evey on your fur kids TT must be "related" to lil raplhie he will also sit on hubbys head or chest to wake him
I actually woke up before anyone my stirring got the dogs going

Sending healing thoughts for your horse

Pattie fingers crossed for your roof getting a new one is not fun at all it is very messy & noisy

oh before I forget the guys are going to file an official complaint with the sheriffs office
The one guy is coming over after work and I am going to help
I guess printing the emails that pita sent the property manager showing how he called his cop friends and him showing them to his superior officer
The officer said you need to pursue this

ok time to call TX lol

Old 06-01-2011, 07:52 AM

Karla I am glad the guys are filing a formal complaint, that is not right acting in an official manner while doing a friend a favor. Maybe pita neighbor will get the hint to turn the other cheek and let his neighbors be, at least hopefully!

lol Pattie, Bob likes the thrill of being on a deadline! Working slow is going to drive him nuts, but knowing him he will stay busy! He is still going to look for other jobs just to make sure he is not missing the big one, and Vertis is still telling him they will make their decision later.

Well gals, Denise exercise done and I am cleaned up! It is time to hit the road, I am stopping at the Farm and Home store to get planting soil and then on to see my two youngest g-kids.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:53 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
I know, Karla...we put a new roof on our Up North house about a year before we moved. Looks like we're doing it again. The guy said we might be able to get thru one more year, but if we had a big storm... We're going for "hurricane resistant" shingles. Didn't know there was such a thing. Oh, well. Better safe than sorry.

This company has done a lot of roofs in the community and did a couple of our neighbors' - one next door was done about a year ago and they're very nice, very quick and very clean. They have a really good reputation here. I looked them up on Better Business Bureau website and they have an A+ rating. DH found another roofing co.'s name somewhere and they have an F! Didn't even call them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals