Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 04:11 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Sending our thanks to all who served and are serving that makes our Country so great !

Not sure what is on the agenda for today it is only suppose to hit 88 today

I think we may grill later
and lol of course I will be on the phone to SC for baby updates
My sister said it looks like he is going to be a good baby didn't do any fussing
lol I reminded her that her 1st was really good but my niece well she was a handful

I need to start convincing her that she needs to bring them both back to visit when she comes home
Thats what our Mom did when she had my niece & nephew (lol can you tell I can't wait to to see the baby

What are you all planning to do today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 06:29 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Good morning..

Had to convince myself to walk this morning...it is a holiday, after all, and I did sleep in till 6:15...but I did it. 3 miles.

We're off to Wally World in a few. I'll drop by later to see how you all are doing.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:38 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
the 3 baskets of clean laundry are put away the last load is in
The breakfast bar & my desk are finally organized
Might as well run the sweeper lol might even get the duster out

Old 05-30-2011, 07:04 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Morning peeps!

Happy Memorial Day!

Shadow & I have been for a short walk on the Greenway this morning. 8:30 in the morning and already too hot for Shadow to come out of the shade. I am guessing we will head to the river this afternoon. *shakes head* On Friday our high was 53 and I had on sweats and layers. It is already almost 80 and our high today is supposed to be in the low 90's.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:15 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Morning all!

Yeppers Summer has hit up north! I have been not so patiently waiting (hard when you live in the south for 6 years and then move back to MI).

Max and I have been for our walk, the neighbors are so nice here. That will be my exercise today. I'm going to put on my suit and lay out in the sun this morning. Then in the afternoon I will make potato salad, husk the corn and run the vacuum. lol, BOb is out mowing the lawn AGAIN, he laughingly said "the grass is on steriods", he put so much fertilizer out there that he is mowing twice a week! I'll get my camera out and take some pictures this week so you can see what I am talking about.

I've got to pull out the insurance information and go over it with Bob so I know what we are getting, ordering. This insurance is funny, we have to have a physical within 30 days of taking the insurance (eligible after 30 days) with one of their doctors (I don't see anyone I recognize). Makes me wonder if they will refuse one for pre-exhisting conditions. Oh well it will just be while he is under contract and after that he will have Amways benifits.

Gotta get. Have a wonderful Memorial Day all and be sure to get your flags out for the soldiers!

Old 05-30-2011, 07:59 AM

GOt a quick question! Any of you who might have experience with lilac trees? Tricia's tree is planted up in a garden against the house and half of it is dead, I know enough about them that the dead parts must be pruined off. However, the rest of the tree is sparse on leaves and did not produce many flowers this year, what she had is dead now. I have read that the tree needs to be pruined all the way down in order to be brought back to life. Karla or anyone help?

Old 05-30-2011, 08:46 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Sandy, we had lilacs up north and rarely did anything to them, tho you're right - the dead stuff has to come off. Each year, you're supposed to cut all the blossoms off after they've opened. Not sure if that'll help a tree this far gone, tho. Good luck - I miss having lilacs, but they won't live down here.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:14 AM

Thanks Pattie, I have never seen one this far gone too. I really think she needs to chop it down, but she loves Lilacs. I'll see if this is going to help, I'm just afraid if I chop it right down to a couple feet off the ground it won't come back but it is an eyesore right now.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:17 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Cut off all the dead branches and suckers, anything that is drawing nutrients away from the rest of the tree. If it's done blooming, you can trim off that too. You should be able to tell what's totally dead, so go ahead and do big branches if you want to. If there's only a little green on it, it can go. I would just start with that much and see what happens. See if it revives at all. Mine was looking pretty sad, and I kept hearing all the naysayers, but I got the loppers out and got up on a ladder and trimmed the daylights out of it. Don't give up hope!

Old 05-30-2011, 12:15 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Ok, I did the killer 20 minute cardio/weight one that I recorded a while back because my VOD exercise TV isn't working. Called and she said she reset it and it ought to be up in 10-15 minutes. Hopefully it's up by tomorrow! Whew, suddenly it is very hot in here. And it isn't just from the workout!

Have a good Memorial Day everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals