Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 04:54 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,032,085 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone !!

Wow I just stuck my nose outside and for the first time I could feel a little coolness it's moist at 94% humidity
So it's kinda a cool wet blanket lol

Other than grilling later I have no idea what is on the agenda for today
Might take an hour of so to get some work done

and also do my PT exercises

Yay for the first time in almost 2 weeks I have no twinges in my back !!!

I will watch the fireworks on TV tonight
We are still so dry I am hoping no one in the neighborhood sets any off

Are there firework displays where you all live ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 06:49 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,202,255 times
Happy 4th of July all!

Yes Karla we have fire works all over the place in W. Michigan. There are fire works up here in Rockford, and at the ball park (about 8 miles away) and in various little townships around GR, but the biggest one is put on in downtown GR, we could see them from our old house on the 4th! We will be watching the Grandville ones safely in Kim's back yard, it is perfect in her back yard by the pool watching them just to the side (like a movie screen).

I'm finishing up the baked beans and have to make the fruit salad yet, and then head over to Kim's for the day and half the evening. I'm not sure if hubby is going, he said he has a cold and I say he is having allergies but no matter what it is he has been feeling yucky all weekend. If he does not want to leave with me, I'll tell him to come over at 4 or 5 for dinner. My sister and her son will be there and almost all my kids (minus Nick), KIm and Jesse have friends coming over so we should all enjoy the day.

GOtta get and see how the beans are doing. Have a wonderful day all and above all stay safe!

Old 07-04-2011, 08:42 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,203,528 times
Got some stuff crossed off my "to do" list after my 3 miles this a.m. It was a very neat walk this morning.

On my way back, I took one of my favorite walking paths, which leads directly behind my new friends' house. Just before I got to their house, I saw some sort of big animal across the lake on the shore, doing some "fishing". Turned out to be one of our two resident great horned owls. So he and I watched each other for a minute or two and I started walking again. I got about 10 steps away and I heard a big bird fly out of a tree right over my head. Turns out it was the owl's mate! I must have scared her from the tree. Saw my friends sitting on their lanai for their morning coffee and waved at them. Kept walking and managed to come across two beautiful blue herons. So it was a nice walk.

Got home, sat in the driveway with DH and Bumper, talked to my neighbor friend who dropped by on her way to walk her dog Bessy, cleaned and refilled the fountain, got some laundry done (ooo- have to hang out the 2nd load) then came inside and cleaned up the kitchen.

I think the rest of the day will be a quiet one. Tomorrow will be final "to do" stuff, including my pedicure. I figure the salon will be quiet tomorrow.

Have a great day, all. Hugs!

Old 07-04-2011, 08:43 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,164,499 times
Morning peeps!

Karla, there have been fireworks going on here for a couple of weeks. Ugh! There are 3 temporary fireworks stores that opened last month and the rednecks have been spending a lot of money. We are on the very western edge of the eastern time zone, so it does not get dark here until well after 9:30, then they start. It goes on for hours. None of my cats want anything to do with that kind of noise. At least Shadow does not seem to notice them. My last dog would freak out at fireworks even on TV. I so can not wait to be living out in the country.

Miss Shadow & I have been for a nice walk on the Greenway this morning. We found a section that has enough trees to be in deep shade, and it rained last night so that section was nice & cool.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:46 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,032,085 times
whew so much for a nice relaxing day
I got the reciprocating saw out to trim the lower branches from the BA holly tree

Then decided the Holly bushes in front of the house needed a little trim
oops I cut one branch and ended up with a big ole hole on the side of one of them
Thats when I got the idea hmmmm
So I asked hubby I really think the front would look so much better with them gone
The branches have gotten so big that pruning them back would not of looked good

so we cut them down then dug the 6 root balls out

whew I am smelly heading to the shower then back to chat more

Old 07-04-2011, 10:14 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,202,255 times
Evey I know what you feel like, Tricia's house is set back one street from a lake and the fireworks have been going off every night for 2 weeks, last night was bad. I feel sorry for poor Max, he really does not like the loud booms. I have to leave them in the kennel when we leave and there they will remain until someone comes back (have a feeling Bob and I will be back before Tricia and the girls). I just hope it does not get too awful!
Karla, Bob is mowing the lawn, lol talk about a work out!

Old 07-04-2011, 01:26 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,490,776 times
Oh, they start here long before dark. Someone tossed some right outside my front door one day last week. I was sitting on the couch, and the front door was open, and the screen is in the storm door, and all of a sudden I heard and saw these loudassed firecrackers. Scared the bejeesus out of me, thought mh would at least go and take a look, but no, he was in the bathroom washing his FEET. My hero. Pretty ballsy of whoever did it, they had to be right up by the house to have them land where they did.

Anyway, today I did a 20 minute workout that hit everything! Had to get a post-it and stick it over the timer so I couldn't see how much longer there was to go!

Heard from Billy, he told me they watched some hot dog eating contest [I am guessing on tv, but all they get is the armed forces network, unless he saw it online somewhere]. He said some dude ate 62 hot dogs in 10 minutes. Billy said the guy looked like he was in pain the whole time!

Enjoy your holiday everyone.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:43 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,203,528 times
Connie, I think those eating contests are the stupidest things going. Billy told you correctly - that's what the idiot did. I wonder how these contests are going to affect these people in the future.

Glad you heard from him.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:25 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,490,776 times
Evey--you didn't tell us about your big cookout! How was the grub?

Old 07-04-2011, 09:42 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,164,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Evey--you didn't tell us about your big cookout! How was the grub?
Sorry, my bad! I was going to wait until tomorrow's thread to tell you, but since you asked......

Food was amazing! We started with a home made warm artichoke/Parmesan dip with home made tortilla chips. Then for dinner : panko & blue cheese crusted NY strip on the grill, corn on the cob, watermelon balls with basil & feta cheese, a green salad, King Crab legs, and a crusty bread with the garlic baked in. One of the neighbors brought over a home made black raspberry cobbler made with the raspberries that grow wild all over the place around here, and it was served with vanilla bean ice cream.

Naturally I ate waaaayyyy too much.

Every place setting included a bottle of bubble stuff. At 43 & 45 my friend & I were the youngest people there. It must have been a sight to see 8 adults blowing bubbles all at the same time. They were singing the song from Lawrence Welk. *shakes head*

One of the horses was trying to get sick so on one of our trips over to the barn to check on him we decided to see if the horses liked bubbles. Ahem. I can tell you that they most emphatically DO NOT like bubbles. They are, in fact, quite scary. Gus was the only one that did not seem to mind them. The horse that was trying to get sick apparently just wanted a shot. He is fine now. About every 3 or 4 months he does this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals