Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 05:19 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,045,180 times

Advertisements

suppose to be a rainy day here in nefl

I want to go to the nursery to so maybe I will drag hubby there early before the rain drops start falling on my head

They are saying 50% today 60% tomorrow lol I don't see lawn mowing happening the next couple days poor little ralphie he is going to get lost in the grass

oh my friend brought her kindle book reader to dinner yesterday so I could "hold it"
Hubby wants to get me one for my b-day
lol after he played with it now he wants one too

I have to do my PT exercises later today so when I go back to "ortho doc" on Monday and he asks "did you do them" I can say yup with a clear conscience

what are you all up to today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 06:35 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,310,177 times
Good morning. It is a beautiful sunny morning here with the birds chirping.

karla- Happy belated birthday to your hubby. Have fun shopping.

It stopped raining last night long enough for hubby and I to get the (QuicKrete) concrete mix off the trailer. Then, as you will soon find out, my hubby couldn't stand it so we went to work. I mixed 750 pounds of concrete by hand with a hoe and a bucket. Hubby poured it into an old garden that we are filling in. I figure I got my workout for last night

Hubby is now on the phone with his daughter..it's the weekly call. I say have at it, I can't stand talking on the phone so I e-mail her

I need to do the treadmill in a bit...but I am sore so I am kind of dreading it. Then I need to do laundry and hang it out since it is sunny Then mow the lawn and work in my garden. After that hubby will most likely want to cut some wood. We found a huge tree down and it's in the shade and easily accessible by tractor. That should be easy as long as the chainsaw doesn't act up.

Have a great day!!

Last edited by ylisa7; 07-09-2011 at 07:12 AM..

Old 07-09-2011, 07:10 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,175,007 times
Morning peeps!

Lisa, you can't mention power tools of any kind around here or Karla will get jealous.

Shadow & I have been for a nice walk along the river this morning.

Every part of my body is sore & stiff from lugging boxes down the stairs and up the ramp into the trailer. I had some help unloading (thank goodness!) and a friend stopped by to bring me dinner last night.

At 1:30 the guys are bringing the trailer back out to get my furniture and the last of my stuff. Not really looking forward to that, but.....

Old 07-09-2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
Lisa, you can't mention power tools of any kind around here or Karla will get jealous.

At 1:30 the guys are bringing the trailer back out to get my furniture and the last of my stuff. Not really looking forward to that, but.....
Ha, ha...Karla will have some competition. I love tools I am highly fascinated by big equipment like the track hoe I really do need to learn to drive the tractor.

Good luck with the final push today. Then you get to breath and settle in

Ugg!! the weather changed. Looks like I won't be able to do the laundry today. I am going to get so backed up

Old 07-09-2011, 07:56 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,205,773 times
Morning!

Beautiful day in W. MI, sunny skies and high 80's! I only have a few "to do's" on my list and then it will be outside and reading.

Gotta get to the grocery store, never made it yesterday! It was sooooo much trouble getting Kim's license yesterday. We figure it would be in and out so the kids and myself went with her. BUT.............no, she never switched her SS# over to Vista so after waiting at DMV (it was in a mall so I kept the kids busy) for an hour, off to SS for us. New law is you cannot renew your license if your SS card has not been changed to your married name, and needless to say Kim never switched SS.
Well after waiting at SS for 30 minutes Kim was called up and turned away with instructions to go to her doctors office for clerification of identity! Anyway finally got all of that completed and now she has to wait 48 hours to go back to DMV. I finally got home yesterday at 4:30 and had been on the run since 9:00 am when I left here. I was exhausted! Word of wisdom change everything when getting married! She should have changed all in the beginning and would have never had any of these troubles!
Anyway, all of you have a nice day and enjoy!

Old 07-09-2011, 11:27 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,295,517 times
Hi everyone,

Oohhh, now 2 gals on here that like power tools.

Did an hour on the treadmill.

This summer has been exceptionally hot. It's been the 90-100 range. I'm used to 70 and sometimes 80. We still need rain really bad. Fire danger is still extreme.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:15 PM

Sandy- Oh geez that sounds like a fiasco. Maybe she should have kept her maiden name, lol. That's what my stepdaughter did...no change for her or hubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Hi everyone,

Oohhh, now 2 gals on here that like power tools.

This summer has been exceptionally hot. It's been the 90-100 range. I'm used to 70 and sometimes 80. We still need rain really bad. Fire danger is still extreme.
Ooh yeah...power tools are great. As a matter of fact hubby's daughter asked if she could borrow the cut off wheel, the compressor, the hose, the nail gun, and the miter saw and stand Hubby does not like to lend out his tools even to family. Looks like we will have to stop over her house and help her one of these days.

It is brutal out. I hate this heat. The sun came back out and I missed doing laundry I hope I can get it done tomorrow. I did 29 minutes on the treadmill...adding a little more each day, did 75 crunches, and 20 push ups. I cleaned the house and mowed the back yard. Now I am trying to cool down.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:10 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,212,720 times
Hi, gang. Things in Joisey are going pretty well. Of course, I can say taht after 2 raspberry sangrias!

BIL is a PITA....

nephew and Nephew-in-love are great.

Did some shopping this a.m. Between Mom and me, we got enough stuff for a "shower" for the guys. It was lots of fun picking all this stuff out.

Made my world famous German 'tater salad. Nephew loves it muchly, so I have to make it whenever I see him or I'm not allowed to come visit. Had to give his DP the recipe. Their gas stove isn't operational yet, so I had to make it on the grill, but it turned out to be the best I've ever made. DP's parents are coming shortly for dinner, so the guys will be grilling steaks. We have the 'tater salad and some chips and, oh yeh...sangria.

Gotta run...CYL

Old 07-10-2011, 05:06 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,045,180 times
morning ladies
sounds like a busy day for everyone

Lisa - Thanks for the bday wishes but it was our friends bday so I extended your wishes to him

Did someone mention Power Tools !!!

I am jealous Lisa because I am limited in which I am allowed to use lol probably because it is safer for my limbs and the house

I also really what to drive the tractor hoe !!
Many many years ago(I was 20) on my grandparents farm in CO my G-dad let me drive the big wheat combine

and we all know how much I want to learn how to use a welder

Sandy - I just got a postcard from the DMV because I have to renew my DL this year
Quite the list of things I have to bring ID wise
proof of identity, social security number and residential address
So now I have to remember to not shred the Mortgage statement & Ele bill
the month before all our other utility bills are either online or in hubbys name

Pattie sounds like you are having a fun time in NJ lol you should tell your BIL that if he doesn't "behave" your going to take him to the heart of patterson or orange and leave him your nephews will get this one

Cheryl - I will send our rain your way weird how your temps are so much higher But then again it has been very weird weather patterns across the country this year
Ma Nature must be having a mid life crisis

Evey hopefully this will be your last move
Think of all the exercise credit your getting lol no you can't smack me

Well yesterday was quite the "lets spend money day" we stopped at the nursery and hubby found 2 really cool 15 gal 6' loropetalum trees
they are perfect for the spot since the burgundy pink color will work really well with the existing plants
Because they were so big we had them delivered and for $20 each the guy installed them lol best $40 I have ever spent

They look really good now I just need some low filler plants I want to add some color maybe yellow

Then off to Best Buy to get the kindles

I didn't get to use mine yet because I was in the middle of a paperback but hubby downloaded a book on to his and really likes it

we had rain pretty much all afternoon so of course the lawn didn't get mowed

Old 07-10-2011, 05:49 AM

nms- Sounds like the shopping for the guys was a lot of fun. I'm sure they will love what you got for them

Karla-Thanks for setting me straight, lol. Sometimes it's all too much info and it all gets jumbled.

There are a lot of tools I stay away from also. The chainsaw makes me nervous and hubby doesn't like me using the chop saw because one time, one time. I went to use it while my hair was loose. When I learned over to turn it on my hair came forward. Hubby almost had a heart attack

Oh cool...I didn't know you wanted to weld. I'm picturing Flashdance

Wow..the last time I had to get a FL license I was able to renew online. I hate all of these new rules. Little by little our freedoms are being stripped away from us all in the guise of terrorism and fear to the people. Great excuse for the gov't to get more control....Oops...sorry. I won't go political on you but I like the freedoms we "used" to have Hubby and I used too full time RV and for years we and many thousands of others were allowed to use our FL mail service for our address to get a license. Wonder of all those older RVer's are going to get thrown to the dogs

Anyway, supposedly if you haven't applied online one time you may be able to do it once. Here is the site if you want to try:

Gather Go Get the FLORiDA Card: Renew Online

Last edited by ylisa7; 07-10-2011 at 06:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals