U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2011, 05:02 AM

17,835 posts, read 31,429,624 times

Advertisements

Yay lol can't wait to see what fun things I will be doing for my shoulder & elbow today
and what they don't want me doing lol hopefully weeding will be on the list

We never got the expected rain yesterday so I am hoping this afternoons 40% will happen

I want to get the new plants in the ground when I get home, then I have to get some laundry done lol I can only wish folding laundry will be on the list

Not sure what other adventures the day will hold

Anything exciting going on in your neck of the woods?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 06:10 AM

20,545 posts, read 28,418,938 times
Good morning. Slow morning here and I am groggy. Just waiting for my coffee to peculate***sigh***. Hopefully I can get rid of this headache today.

Karla- Good luck with your new exercises today. I hope you get some relief. I must have gotten your rain last night. My garden is saying AHHH!!!

I got caught up on laundry yesterday. If you want you can borrow my Sgrandson. Folding laundry is his chore and he has one of those shirt foldy things to use

I am sore and achy this morning. My shin and knee started to act up so i need to be careful today. Oh the joys of getting older..you know...the little pinches and seeming to get get more easily

Have a great day. Coffee is almost done and I'll go and enjoy it with hubby

Old 07-12-2011, 06:43 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,108,046 times
Good morning!

Karla, I'm on Lyrica. It seems to be working pretty well.

Lisa, where did your SGS get the shirt folding thingy??? I think I'd like one.

I made some cinnamon bread this morning from that artisan bread recipe I talk about. Quite good. Mom and I ate half the loaf.

Still no exercise.....gaining weight, thanks to the goodies we've been chowing down. Vacation...gotta love it.

Gotta go see who's in OOH before we take off for today's adventures.

Hugs all.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:49 AM

20,545 posts, read 28,418,938 times
Good morning nms. Don't worry about gaining any weight. Just have fun and enjoy your time. Me on the other hand, not so good. Remember when I went to the Doctor a few months ago and she said to me "you gained some weight"...well now I am 10 pounds heavier than that. I have no idea what's going on. I'm going to sew my mouth shut

This is the shirt folder.

YouTube - ‪Shirt Folder - How to Fold a Shirt - Flip Fold‬‏

You can get them at Amazon.

I think we have our day planned Hubby wants to grind the rough edges on our patio table and then it's time to get the paint brushes out. We will re paint the front of the house, which will stay the same color. Then we will stain one section of the patio to see how we like the new color we picked. I'm not to sure about it but hubby wanted to try it...we'll see

Karla- I found some sites for you to check out
Welder Career Training and Degree Courses | Tulsa Welding School

Cost for welding instruction? - WeldingWebâ„¢ - Welding forum for pros and enthusiasts

Last edited by ylisa7; 07-12-2011 at 06:59 AM..

Old 07-12-2011, 06:59 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,108,046 times
THanks, Lisa. I'll have to check it out when I get back home - Mom's on dial up and doesn't have a lot of stuff downloaded, so I can't get it right now.

BTW, thanks for the kind words in your rep. I tried returning the favor, but I need to spread some Luv.

I didn't post it here, but Lisa sent me a rep referring to a post in OOH. My sister's MIL is dying of cancer after 13 years of a terrific battle. It's reached her brain. She's now in the hospital, being kept "comfortable", and you all know what that means. Well, BIL (this isn't the a-hole) wouldn't go yesterday, even tho his mom was asking for him. My mom called and told him he needed to get there because she's already hallucinating, but he insisted he wouldn't go till today. I just hope, for both of them, that he gets there while she still is able to communicate.

Anyway.... Off I go! Have a great day.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:10 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,782,189 times
Oh Pattie my blessing to your family, that is so difficult to see how people react and try to keep your mouth shut. I try to react how I know I can live with no matter how hard it is, men especially have a hard time with sickness and death.

Morning all!

I'm going to be offline for a few days, Parker sitting and Kim is taking her laptop with her. I might be able to get online on Jesses' computer downstairs but I really think he only uses that one to run his business so maybe I best keep my hands to myself.

Gotta get and everyone have a wonderful week!

Old 07-12-2011, 10:35 AM

6,472 posts, read 15,293,025 times
Well, I ran two laps last night and one today. Still at 159 today and getting a little frustrated. LOL sigh. Waist still at approx. 33 inches. Had zukes and egg stirfry for dinner last night, some baked tortilla chips and almonds and raisins. Really need to buy some steak.

Feeling the fat rolls on my tummy ugh so frustrating. But honestly, it took 3 years for them to get there...but I am already sort of old, so it's not like I have 3 years to get it off. So, had Xylitol lemonade last night. Got gassy. LOL the pitfalls of xylitol.

Nevertheless, drank my coffee today with xylitol. I actually ran out of sugar, but honestly hopefully the xylitol will work. Losing water weight is not healthy, but I really am a little desperate now. NOT looking forward to the next couple of weeks of severe dieting.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:50 AM

7,360 posts, read 18,255,009 times
Hi everyone,

Karla, hope the PT goes the way you want it to.

Lisa, I like the shirt folding thing.

We got some rain yesterday, finally. Wev'e had about 5 fires but they've all been small and under control because they were caught. All caused by lightening. Got a fire meeting this evening.

Did an hour on the treadmill.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:16 PM

12,983 posts, read 13,651,519 times
There's nothing wrong with losing water weight as long as you don't get dehydrated. A lot of people have to take diuretics to get rid of excess fluid to help their blood pressure.

Today I did one called 20 minute sweat. It's cardio, weights, and pretty tough but fairly short.

Have a good day all. I'll miss you Sandy!

Old 07-12-2011, 04:44 PM

8,190 posts, read 29,792,204 times
Hey peeps!

I stopped moving long enough to sneak over to the barn to use the computer. Miss you guys!

I am all moved into the new house. Well, my stuff is all in the house. Unpacking is going a little slower than I might like....

I boke down yesterday and bought a window unit A/C. I was keeping the bedroom cool with my portable unit, and all 4 critters were refusing to come out of that room. I bought a 12,000 BTU unit that is keeping the living, dining, and kitchen cool. Much more tolerable.

Shadow is having a ball being out here all the time. I might too, as soon as I am done unpacking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals