U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 05:09 AM

17,833 posts, read 31,700,222 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday woo hoo the weekend is right around the corner

Heading to PT at 8:30 then going to lunch with my new neighbor (the one from the same area I grew up)

I am very excited because my neighbor next door's cleaning lady called last night and said she could come do my house this afternoon!!!

Considering the "ortho doc" doesn't want me doing raise above the head things or raise my wrist up things her timing is perfect

lol you should see me typing and trying to keep my wrist flat

I am really trying to "behave" because I do not want to go back in 3 weeks and have him say "ok we tried it your way now we will try it my way and get out the BA cortisone needle

What are you fine ladies up to today ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 06:20 AM

20,543 posts, read 28,770,722 times
Good morning.

Karla- Good luck with the PT.

Sounds like a fun day planned. Lunch with an old friend and your house will get cleaned..by someone else. Perfect

The heat is unbelievable this year. We went to town last night to pick up more paint samples for our patio. In both Lowe's and Walmart, people were buying window AC's and fans. We never get this hot in the mountains.

Yesterday hubby and I painted the front of the house. Then we used the stain for the patio. We put on 1 gallon and we hate the color. Then we tried another small sample color and yikes on that color. Last night we tried 2 more that we bought....no good Hubby and I are terrible at picking colors....that's why we end up always doing something neutral. Well now we have to get our butts in gear because the patio now has 4 different colors on it SO we are back to square one and we have to go to Lowe's. Ugh!! I swear I live in that store.

I woke up with and still have a killer headache. Pretty sure it's hormonal so I should be OK in 2 more days I'm moving slow here. I may not get a workout in because of my head and the heat already.

Have a great day.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:15 AM

8,189 posts, read 30,036,037 times
Hey peeps!

Taking a time out from unpacking. This house has minimal storage and I am making myself crazy trying to figure out where to put everything. At the moment my entire bed is a foot deep in clothes.....

It is a beautiful day here, in the 70's with low humidity and a nice breeze. Supposed to be in the 50's tonight. Yay! Tomorrow will be like today, then the thermostat goes back up.

Shadow, Mickey and I went for a nice mousie hunt this morning. I am sure there will be another one this evening.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:17 PM

Well PT was interesting
She said she can see the tension in my shoulder
So I have my stretching exercises and she wants me to watch how I sit on the computer

Lisa you know we are going to want pictures of the mulitcolors

By the way painting counts as exercise !!!

Ok Evey I am very jealous of your temps

Right now the heat index is 105 here

Old 07-13-2011, 02:23 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,293,190 times
Hi, gang.

Went and got the chair, saw 2 SIL's, one nieceIL and two grandnephewsIL. Stopped at this roadside diner on the way back. OMG, Karla...best, biggest breakfast ever. Mom ordered the Half omelet (ham and cheese that comes w/homefries and home made toast. I ordered just home made toast and coffee. Mom's came out on a platter. The toast was abondanza (aka huge!) and was about equal to a half loaf of regular bread. Delicious! I ate some of mom's fries. We were both so full. Stopped at the mall. Came home, mom said she wasn't cooking tonight, so I threw together some soup (it's bubbling now) and a German choc. cake, which is in the oven.

Tired.....headache....tummy's a bit off.

CYL, all.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:24 PM

12,983 posts, read 13,792,081 times
Karla, I am confused. Why are you going to PT? I thought your back was giving you trouble, but you are not supposed to lift your wrists? Do you have a wrist guard for your keyboard? I can see how you could get tension in your shoulders, it's so easy to scrunch them up when you're typing or even doing other stuff, you don't even realize you're doing it. I don't anyway, until I unscrunch them.

Today I did the little hip hop body shop workout, it's a short cardio workout, because as usual, I got sort of behind around here. Still am, but at least I got a workout in!

Old 07-14-2011, 05:14 AM

Pattie I miss the good ole diners from up north
did they have the sliced homefries ?

Connie
I was going to PT for my back and I asked the PT guy about my shoulder which I have been having problems off & on with for years. I was wondering if it was the reason I was having such a burning feeling in my elbow
He made me promise to ask "ortho doc" when I went for my back followup
The wrist issue is todays version of tennis elbow which is from the computer & get this certain parts of yard work lol especially weeding
they recommended I get one of the wrist pads for the keyboard

I have some grinding in my right shoulder
PT girl was trying to explain to me yesterday about how you hold your shoulders can increase the problem with the area This was not explained very clearly
But you just nailed it !!!
Thats what she meant I do scrunch them up while on the computer
I am probably doing this because I don't keep my chair as close as I should since lil ralphie hangs out under my desk

So what the game plan is, is to get the swelling/fluid buildup from the elbow & shoulder area down through exercises and the celebrex
So I don't have to look at the cortisone shot in 3 weeks

Old 07-14-2011, 05:24 AM

p.s. OMG the new cleaning lady is terrific
My house is so clean & sparkly I almost can't stand it
She even vacuumed under the sofa & chair cushions and moved the sofa in the great room
I am going to have her come every 3 weeks
Because I am about to increase my work load because we will be taking a lot of the stuff from corporate because well lets just say they are not as efficient as we would like and since they no longer own this location I don't think they have as much of a vested interest

lol when i told CD that the work would be more he said "Maybe you need staff" lol I told him" no you need to go back to work so the time I spend on your stuff can be spent on the business"
He just laughed but I guess we will be negotiating the more work stuff in a couple weeks
Instead of more money I would rather have a small % of the business

Old 07-14-2011, 06:09 AM

20,543 posts, read 28,770,722 times
I love the diners up north. They had the best breakfast and cheeseburger platters..oh yeah and the Greek salads

I'm glad your cleaning lady worked out so well. My stepdaughter has her own business.

I hope you do get a share

If my dog isn't in her bed this is where she can be found if I am at the table, lol.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:12 AM

Lisa your puppy is sooo cute
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals