Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 05:27 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Morning ladies

It's Monday lol

Heading to PT at 9 oh joy
But both my back and shoulder are feeling better so maybe it is working
I just don't like the it feels like a job because I have to be there set times

When I get back I will close out last week
then take the camera out and get some pictures of the finished yard project

What are you all up to ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 05:54 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Morning all!

I've got job hunting on my list today Karla, I did not do too many resumes last week being as I was without a computer. I did a little looking and not too many new ones appear to be out there but today is a new day.

After Tricia and the girls leave today I will put Denise on and exercise away I stepped on the scale yesterday and I have gained 8 lbs here (compliments to my fetish for ice cream), not going to let that 8 lbs turn into 10 so easy eating will be my goal for awhile. Our new health insurance requires an evaluation immediately so I also have to call our doctors for our checkups, fill out our health evaluation assessment online, and then try to switch me over to another doctor that I remember was a partner of my old doctor. Whew!

Hoping all have a great Monday and BBL!

Old 07-18-2011, 07:47 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Morning peeps!

Hot & humid here this morning, but we actually got a little rain earlier! Not much rain, but we will take it. Hard to believe that a month ago we were all complaining about how wet it was and wondering if it was ever going to stop raining.

The grass was wet enough that Shadow did not want to get her toes on it. *shakes head* We have been for an abbreviated walk along the edge of the cornfield next to the farm.

I did get my day off yesterday. Well, mostly.

Today I go back to unpacking.....

Old 07-18-2011, 08:33 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
I'm back! Yahooooooo!!!!

Left Mom's at noon Saturday, got here at noon yesterday. Man, am I beat.

The little puddle jumper from Ogd. to Albany was fine. The plane that was supposed to take us from Albany had mechanical difficulties, so after about 1/2 an hour of sitting on the tarmac, they decided they didn't like the way things were looking, so they kicked us off and then got into lines to get new flights and, ultimately, hotel rooms if necessary. Luckily, as soon as I stepped off the plane, a CS guy handed me a card w/a phone # on it to call for rescheduling. I did that immediately, but stayed in line. The best flights back meant staying in Albany overnight, catching a plane at 5:30 yesterday a.m. to DC, then another plane into Ft. Myers to land at 11:20 a.m. Did that.

But I had to stay on the line at the gate to get a voucher for a hotel. Would you believe it took 2 hours to get that done and there were still people waiting when I left. I made friends with an older lady; we ended up at the same hotel, went downstairs and had a couple of drinks, then I had a quesadilla at the bar and she and her hubby went into the dining room for dinner. I was in bed at 8:30, up at 3 a.m. The person who drives the shuttle from the hotel to the airport wasn't there at 4, so the hotel paid for a cab for me to catch my plane. The rest was smooth.

It was an ok trip. We had some fun, we had some conflict, but, all in all, no blood was shed.

Somehow, the house looks brighter and hubby looks even more handsome (if that's possible!).

So glad to be back.

I did 3 miles this a.m. then worked in the garden weeding, deadheading and trimming w/hubster for 2 hours. Came in, did some picking up and here I am.

Got lots to do, but I'll be back later. Good to see all of my CD friends, too. Hugs, everybody.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:31 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Good morning ladies.

It looks like the heat is back. I lost 7 pounds since last Monday. Now it will be slow slow going from here. I had some cardboard, oh I mean cereal and fresh picked blackberries for breakfast. I did my 43 minutes on the treadmill which is better than the 20 I started at.

Karla- I'm glad you are feeling better. I have extra veggies but not enough to give away...yet. I have 24 tomato plants and I'm sure I will be giving tomatoes away or making salsa

Waiting for pics

You drove a combine? So cool. I would love to do that

Sandy- Good luck with the job hunting. I'm not going near my doctor until I lose 10 more pounds. She yelled at me last time

Evey-I'm glad you got a little time off

Pattie-I am so glad to see you. Glad you made it back safe and sound although it took you a little longer than expected.

It's going to be a hot one today but the sun is out so I may do some laundry. Then I'm off the pick more blackberry's/ There are a lot of blackberry bushes all over...I'm glad the cows don't like them It's bad enough they eat the apples when those come in

Happy Monday!!

Old 07-18-2011, 12:21 PM

Lisa, I'm glad to be back, too. Say, I had a farmer friend who said that apples aren't good for cows, especially when they're milkers. I can't remember why. Say, can I have some blackberries???

Congrats on your weight loss. I have to get serious about it again. Would you like my recipe for the tomato/green pepper salad???

Old 07-18-2011, 01:07 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Today I did a super quick lower body workout.

Karla, Arnold presses are shoulder exercises [yep, it's that Arnold!] Dumbbell Arnold Press

It's actually raining! Nice. And quite unexpected...

Have a good day ladies.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:46 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Say, I had a farmer friend who said that apples aren't good for cows, especially when they're milkers. I can't remember why. Say, can I have some blackberries???

Congrats on your weight loss. I have to get serious about it again. Would you like my recipe for the tomato/green pepper salad???
Hmm!!! I never heard about the apples and cows. Either way ours aren't milking cows and they have been eating apples for years...they are the reason we have so many apple trees, lol. They eat them and when they come out the other end an apple tree is born

Sure..c'mon by for some blackberries. I got another 4 cups this morning.

Go ahead and send that recipe my way...I have about 20 green peppers that should be ready soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Today I did a super quick lower body workout.

Karla, Arnold presses are shoulder exercises [yep, it's that Arnold!] Dumbbell Arnold Press
I really need to start some weight training. I had a friend in college who was obsessed with Arnold and body building. Probably why I was really into it back them.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:09 PM

Here goes:

3 med. sized tomatoes, seeded (not necessary, but it is better if you do) and chopped
1 med. green pepper, chopped
1 celery rib, thinly sliced
1/2 cup red onion, chopped (vidalia works well here)

2 tablespoons cider vinegar (white also works)
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

in lg. bowl, combine the veggies. In a small bowl, combine the last 4 ingredients. Stir into veggies. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring several times. Serve w/slotted spoon.

This is excellent and non-fat. Very refreshing side on a hot summer day and it lasts in the fridge for several days.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:24 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Morning ladies

Wow Pattie your trip home was an adventure That was nice of them to provide you with a hotel room
I bet hubby & the kitties were very excited to see you

Lisa - my g-parents on my dads side had a 1200 acre wheat farm outside of Denver and one time I was there my Grandfather let me ride on the combine with him and also take the wheel for a bit
It was amazing being surrounded by nothing but wheat swaying in the wind

Yay on the 7 #s and doubling your time on the treadmill

Connie - I may have to give that one a try I think if I strengthen my shoulders I won't have as many issues

Evey - I am glad you got your day off I am going to have to schedule one of them one day soon
lol I will have to put a big sign saying "this is my day off don't bother me"

Sandy - Have you heard anything more from the temp agency ?
A friend of mine here who is job hunting said she has heard that things start opening up in August

Yesterday was busier than I expected got a email from my girls day friend asking if I would take her to drop off a job application
So we did a little exploring found a case for the Kindle at bed-bath& beyond
All the ones I saw at amazon & target were $30 & up found them at BBB for $14.99 and used the coupons so they ended up being just about $10

lol ended up not closing out last week but I can do that today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals