Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 05:29 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

Morning ladies

Today the grooming lady is coming to the house to give the "kids" haircuts
My sister asked when she told me Scout was coming if I could call the grooming lady
So all 3 are getting "pretty" today

Not only is it cheaper than taking them to the other groomer but so much more convenient

I can close out last week and get the rest of my paperwork done
while she is out front

I can also do my PT "homework"

It is cooler this morning not "open the windows" cooler but "I can walk outside and not sweat cooler"
To bad I don't have yardwork to do

What fun things are you all up to today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 06:12 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
Morning all!

I have another interview next week! It surprised me when I heard from them because I do not have a college degree but my experience must have made up for it. I will have to brush up on my excell (Tricia's computer has it and I can use the free crash course on the internet), and I haven't taken meeting minutes in years but it is all in my work history so I guess I can brush up on everything before next Tuesday and be honest in my interview.
Today the girls and I are going over to Kim's for an afternoon of swimming (which will be my exercise). The dew point is so high right now and with the 94-95 degree temps that sounds like a nice way to spend the afternoon. Besides I miss my Parker!
I will be back later, few stops on the internet to make.
Speaking of grooming, Chad (Tricia's boyfriend), took Macie to be groomed on Saturday and she looks so cute I will have to take pictures! The weather up here is hot right now and she just had too much hair to be comfortable outside so she is pretty bare for a little 5lb doggie!

Old 07-19-2011, 07:27 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Good morning ladies.

Looks like it's dog care day. I bathe my little pug but there is no way I can do her nails. I left a message for the girl who trims her nails for me. She should be calling today....thankfully she is only 1/2 mile away

Off to a slow start today. I am have aches and pains this morning...bad night. Anyway I still have to do the treadmill.

Hubby and I may go to town...more Lowe's stuff and maybe we will go bowling.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:38 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Morning peeps!

Ugh! It is Africa hot here. When I went to bed last night at midnight the temp was still 85. This morning the humidity is so tick you culd cut it with a knife. O.K., whine over, thanks for listening.

Shadow & I have been out hunting this morning. Then she spotted the blacksmith's truck at the barn and she is now helping him to keep the place tidy by eating hoof trimmings so he has less to sweep.

Later I will borrow Pattie's chisel and clean the bathroom. I have a couple of loads of laundry to get done as well.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:13 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
Evey, I was telling my husband about the portable a/c unit you have and he wondered where the water goes, so I said I'd ask.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:26 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
Good question Connie, my guess is that it is built just like the window units.

Lisa I know you are a canner so I am guessing you freeze also. I made freezer strawberry jam this summer and used the liquid peptin for the first time, and my jam is runny instead of set up. Do you know if this is customary for the liquid as opposed to the firm set I get with the powder?

Old 07-19-2011, 08:41 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
Well, our window unit drips outside! I think it has a drip tray of some kind like a dehumidifier--of course, I didn't think of it until after asking about it.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:46 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
Ugh! It is Africa hot here. When I went to bed last night at midnight the temp was still 85. This morning the humidity is so tick you could cut it with a knife. O.K., whine over, thanks for listening.
Ugh!! I feel for you. Our temps are Ok today but only because we are cloudy. Stay cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Evey, I was telling my husband about the portable a/c unit you have and he wondered where the water goes, so I said I'd ask.
Hubby and I just looked into one of those last week. We need to get the humidity out of the house. There is a a bucket/drain pan that has to be emptied out. There is also a pipe/flexible hose(?) that lets the hot air out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
Lisa I know you are a canner so I am guessing you freeze also. I made freezer strawberry jam this summer and used the liquid peptin for the first time, and my jam is runny instead of set up. Do you know if this is customary for the liquid as opposed to the firm set I get with the powder?
Sorry....I haven't done much canning. Still learning here...but I did read if you try and double or alter jam/jelly recipes they may not set. Funny you should mention it...I'm going to get the ingredients to make sugar free blackberry jam this week I can't do freezer jam...not enough space..but I did get a "real" refrigerator/freezer this year and got rid of my propane one

OK..it's off to town to go bowling. See ya!!

Old 07-19-2011, 09:59 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Good day, all.

My friend's unit has some kind of hose that they hooked up to dump outside. They made a hole either in the wall or the screen so they could get rid of it that way.

Did 2 miles today and about 15 min. of weights. So stiff after all that weeding yesterday. I even did the hot tub yesterday, but it didn't help.

Getting a lot done around the house. Different stuff that DH didn't do or stuff that he did do that I have to undo. Know what I mean??

But now it's lunch time. I made some egg salad, so there are sandwiches in our future. See you later.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:58 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,401,050 times
I ran 3 laps today and drank a protein shake, but ate a sandwich with mayo and 2 organic strawberry frozen fruit bars! Ugh Weigh 160. So hard to not eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals