Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 01:05 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times

Advertisements

Back from the dr. Gained 8 lbs. Lisa, I think I know where your 7 lbs. went.

How is it that one rude old biddy can ruin your day and turn you into Ms. Cranky Pants??? I was waiting for DH to pick me up at's office and was leaning against the wwall they have there. This bee-itch comes along, slams her old Mercury into the curb, slams her door open, gets out and walks directly over to me and stares at me. I say hello or yes or something like that. She then says "excuuuuse me: and motions for me to move away from the wall. I step back and there's one of those handicapped buttons to open the door right next to me. So I move back, she punches the darned thing and storms off. I apologized as soon as I realized what she wanted, but she ignored me. I've been in a bad mood ever since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 02:09 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Miserable old bugger, is all I can say about your PITA. Our own PITA (who is no longer in the neighborhood... thank God!) tried to use the 'military thing' against us. Claimed we had an arsenal of weapons in the basement that our son had access to! I walked past her house when I knew she was in the garden and said loudly to my hubby, "Oh no! Did you you leave the M-16 on the table? I know I put the 9 mm away!" Rob almost died. It was so funny...
I love it! That's hilarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
I found some sort of sick dude (did not catch his name) on the exercise channel, he had me sweating my bootie off! lol, I call him sick cuz it was hard!.
I wonder if you have the same exercise tv stuff as we do here. There are a few men on the ones here, one is named Marco [something] he is very good looking, another is named Michael Carson, he looks like he's kind of short-but I have no idea, but his workouts are hard, even his short 10 minute one is, and there's another guy, a bald guy named Steve Maresco [I think?] he's pretty cool. Oh and there's a reallllly tall dude with a french sounding name does kickboxing ones.

Anyway, I didn't do any of theirs, today I did the 20 minute sweat with Holly Perkins

Now it's time to do something constructive.

Have a good one!

Old 07-20-2011, 02:14 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,398,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Good day, all. Can't hang around for too long - headed to my annual physical shortly. Why, oh why did I schedule it for 4 days after vacation??? All I can say is ... Duh!

Did 3 miles this a.m. Stopped and watched a stare-down between a really big, pretty duck and a rather large gator. Not sure who won, but they were trying to stare me down, too.

Gotta run, but I'll be back later. Hugs, all.
Reminder, I need to have my goodies looked at this year, too. Good luck on the physical.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:44 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
It has been a long day and I am so tired and my legs are really hurting me today. I think I need a treadmill break tomorrow. I did 50 minutes today. My goal is to get up to 60 minutes and go faster Hubby and our favorite grader, Brian, got the two 20 foot culverts out across the way. They dragged one back here across the highway and I met them at the bottom of the driveway..then the fun began. Brian dug the trench from one side of the driveway to the other. He placed the culvert in and we were too short Luckily we had another 8 foot length in the barn. But while we were getting the culverts in, we hit another spring which is good...but that meant we had to work in the mud We got it covered up and some rocks placed around it but we need more. Got back up top and stripped down outside to hose off our clothes

I'm also having some trouble with my knees. I do fine walking up but when I go down the driveway or down the fields my knees really hurt. I wonder if there is some kind of knee strengthening I can do

I did the mowing in the back yard and weedeated my garden. Too tired for any more today.

Sandy- What channel do you get exercise on? I have DirecTV and we used to get Fit TV but I can;t find it....so I have been watching the cooking channel while I work out

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Miserable old bugger, is all I can say about your PITA. Our own PITA (who is no longer in the neighborhood... thank God!) tried to use the 'military thing' against us. Claimed we had an arsenal of weapons in the basement that our son had access to! I walked past her house when I knew she was in the garden and said loudly to my hubby, "Oh no! Did you you leave the M-16 on the table? I know I put the 9 mm away!" Rob almost died. It was so funny...

Anyhoo, had a good workout on the elyptical. I am up to level 4 now for 15 minutes. Trying to work my way up to 20 minutes. Then I'll raise the level and drop back down to 15 minutes. It's really helping to open my lungs.
LOL...My hubby would have a field day with that neighbor, lol.

Good job on your workout.

Pattie-Don't let the cranky people get you down. Some people just like misery.

OK..I need to get the clothes off the line and then it's time to chill. Night all.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:07 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
I am getting this channel from Charter Cable Lisa, it is with the In Demand stuff there are a few of them. Actually my little g-daughter Morgan is the one who found this stuff for me.

Connie, this dude is good looking and a real buff body BUT I am not in shape enough to do what he dishes out, think I may look around more tomorrow and see if I find something a little less hard on my poor bones.

Lisa I would think the physical exercise you do everyday on your home and property would be enough to get you into shape Goodness girl you work HARD.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:26 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
Morning ladies

Dinner was nice I over cooked the london broil just a tad the middle was medium but the ends were a bit too well done
It was the first time I made it on the new gas grill
It was tasty though and there was hardly any left

Whats with the heat you ladies up north are getting
It is not suppose to be hotter there than here in FL

lol I took my temp gun out and was checking the temp of different things outside
The patio surface was 128 degrees
The car surface 127
ok now this is sorta interesting, the soil in one of the pots was 91 yet the mulched area in the bed right next to it was 83 so I guess they are right that mulch helps keep a plants roots cooler

Lisa - I wonder if the treadmill could be affecting your knees (the PT folks say it is high impact which is why I am not "allowed" back on yet)
I may have something to do with it being manual and using more "knee energy" to get it moving

I can ask them at PT today

ROFL Sue that is too funny I bet the look on her face was priceless !!

I need to come up with a couple "ditties" to use when I am over at "the boys house" and I know pita is on his screenroom. My voice carries very well thanks to years of singing lessons
hmm how about
Well according to the housing law you can have 2 people per bedroom
So I don't see a problem with you having 7 roommates !!!

Pattie - your a better kinder person than I am
I would of told her "you stormed out of you car and over to me seems like you would have no problem opening the door yourself without the button"

Is it one of those buttons where if you push it again the door closes ?
Hmm I might of accidentally had to lean on it just as she got to the door
oops

Old 07-21-2011, 06:00 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
I am getting this channel from Charter Cable Lisa, it is with the In Demand stuff there are a few of them. Actually my little g-daughter Morgan is the one who found this stuff for me.

I'll have to call DirecTV and see..but they charge $1.00 for answering questions on the phone Maybe I'll look it up online.

Connie, this dude is good looking and a real buff body BUT I am not in shape enough to do what he dishes out, think I may look around more tomorrow and see if I find something a little less hard on my poor bones.

Hey..you may not be able to do the workout "yet" but at least you have some nice eye candy, lol.

Lisa I would think the physical exercise you do everyday on your home and property would be enough to get you into shape Goodness girl you work HARD.
Yeah...you would think

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post
Whats with the heat you ladies up north are getting
It is not suppose to be hotter there than here in FL

lol I took my temp gun out and was checking the temp of different things outside Cool...a new gadget
The patio surface was 128 degrees
The car surface 127
ok now this is sorta interesting, the soil in one of the pots was 91 yet the mulched area in the bed right next to it was 83 so I guess they are right that mulch helps keep a plants roots cooler

Maybe it has something to do with the cubic feet(?) of soil involved?

Lisa - I wonder if the treadmill could be affecting your knees (the PT folks say it is high impact which is why I am not "allowed" back on yet)
I may have something to do with it being manual and using more "knee energy" to get it moving

I can ask them at PT today
Thanks...and see if I can strengthen my knees somehow My Doctor said I had some arthritis in my knees a few years ago and she told me to take Ostiobiflex..or something like that. I haven't been taking it

hmm how about
Well according to the housing law you can have 2 people per bedroom
So I don't see a problem with you having 7 roommates !!!

I love it..that's a good one.
Sorry about that. I still don't know how to multi quote within
one person's thread.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:05 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
Lisa the temp gun is very cool !!!
Hubby got it for me for Christmas last year
The main purpose is to check the heat on the pan before you start cooking
rofl I hardly ever use it for that to many other fun things to temp check
I even use it to check the temp of the air coming out of the A/C vents
Then the temp of the windows in the familyroom that the sun beats on all afternoon with the blinds & curtains open then closed
Wow that was a bigger difference than I thought No wonder we were having such a problem keeping the room cool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals