Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 04:59 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

Ok so the PT Guy said the funky way I sit in my desk chair is not helping to keep my hips aligned. he may have a point because my lower back feels great when I first get up but then after a few hours at the desk it starts acting up.

He suggested getting one of those big exercise balls to sit on. he said he knows quite a few folks with back issues that use them.
It is suppose to keep you sitting in the correct position.

So would you give this a try ?

The ball can also be used for back & ab exercises so it could be triple purpose
1. correct posture at desk
2. Ab work out
3. Hours of entertainment for hubby & the kids as I attempt to sit on the thing

I have some work stuff to get done this morning then PT at 11:15

Not sure what this afternoon will bring other than heat index of 105
Hmm might have to bring out the temp gun

What are you all up to ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 06:11 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Good morning.

I used to use an exercise ball when I went to the gym years ago. It was quite interesting getting used to it. It would probably be very good for my poor posture.

My step grandson's school wants to start using them in place of chairs. Can you imagine how long it will take the kids to settle down and stop playing before they adjust to their new chairs, lol?

We are waiting for our paving man to come and give us an estimate. It was supposed to be 8:00am, DH just called him and now it's 8:30 or 9:00. I hate when people don't call to tell you they will be late

Then if it's not too hot, we need to find more rocks around the property and add it to the ends of the culvert.

At 1:00 we have an appointment to look and hike 80 acres that is for sale. I better get my walking stick and water ready to go.

Not too much else...some laundry and clean the house...and maybe mow the front lawn later.

Hey, does anyone know about wild mint? I think I found some yesterday. I really need to get a book on natural plants in my area.

TTYL

Old 07-21-2011, 06:39 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
Good morning all.

Muggy outside and we are supposed to be in the high 90's again with heat index of 108 again. Yesterday I stepped out on the deck and got half way across and burned the bottoms of my feet! This is very rare up here to have these continued hot/muggy days! I might just have to get over to Kim's again for some R&R in the pool.

Morgan leaves for camp today, we were like two little clucking hens getting her ready last night I just gave her $5.00 for the camp store, I am sure it will be gone tonight

I'm going to surf the exercise channel and find a mellow gal/guy today with something that does not make me feel like an old lady in the morning (yes, my legs and neck are sore today). But I guess "no pain no gain".

Girls are up, gotta go and say good by to Morgan!

Old 07-21-2011, 06:57 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times
Lisa - 80 acres !! you need to borrow Eveys horse or saddle up one of your neighbors cows

Sandy you need to borrow my temp gun the deck has to be very hot with those temps

I have been looking at the excursions choices for our cruise
Our friends sent us their top 3 for each stop
They want me to send out top 3 and we will decide which ones to do
I got as far as the first stop then the site went down

Old 07-21-2011, 08:25 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
Karla, you can get a frame on wheels for the exercise balls. They have them in the computer labs at my son's school. It stops you from rolling all over the place.

Had a great evening at the Scout Camp. Ry is having a blast. Between the heat and the storms the weather has been a little rough on them, but they're in really good spirits.

Will be getting somewhere but nowhere on the elyptical this morning.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:58 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Morning peeps!

Sure wish ol' Ma Nature would get over her hot flash! Our heat index yesterday was 117 and it is supposed to be 120 later today.

Poor Shadow does not want to be outside doing anything (can't say I blame her!), so this morning I took her to town with me and she visitied with the cookie ladies while I went to the grocery store. I'm not sure who was more excited when she walked in.

Just a few more things to unpack, and then I will officially be moved in!

Old 07-21-2011, 12:22 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Hi everyone,

Been busy the past several days with fires and fire dept. stuff. We are getting some rain but along with lightening fires.

Karla, the exercise ball is a great idea. When I did massage therapy and I did the head, neck and feet part, I would use a ball to sit on. Chiropracter told me a few years ago that I sat 'weird' too. I sit all twisted up or with my legs crossed and I've tried not to do that but I keep going back to it. I've heard that an exercise ball at your desk is a good thing. It also works your core as your sitting on it because of balance.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:38 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
boing boing, don't know, might be fun!

Today I did an upper body workout and threw in a few extra ones too.

Gotta get going, having a bowl of Wheaties right now!

Karla, what does that temperature gun look like? Is it goofy looking? You could always go over the the guys' place while the pita is out and start 'wanding' over certain areas of their house and yard, "taking readings" and having them write stuff down, like, oh it's really high over here and I've never seen one like that before! He'd be dying of curiousity.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 07-21-2011 at 12:56 PM..

Old 07-21-2011, 02:08 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Hi, all.

Busy morning. Went and had blood drawn, then a routine chest xray for my annual, then to Mickey D's for a coffee and yogurt parfait (no breakfast cuz of the blood letting), then to the bank to cash a humongous check for $6, then to Hallmark to pick up a sympathy card for my sister. Back home, cleaned the fountain (you should have seen the crud that came out of it!), did the a.m. chores, then fixed a nice salad for lunch. After that, I puttered around some more. Just as I sat down to play with you guys, a sudden storm hit and just finished about 10 minutes ago.

Did my 2 miles and about 15 min. of weights this a.m.

Gotta run - have to drop by OOH and then go get dinner going. Have a great evening, all.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:57 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,401,050 times
We got a storm a couple of days ago, too. YAY since I am not up to traipsing to the other end of the field to water more trees. I may need to give a couple of them a drink, though. I ran today in the heat, but it wasn't too bad. Just 3 laps. Did some stretches. No visible progress on splits etc but meh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals