Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 04:45 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,067,987 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Yay we are halfway through the week

I have PT at 8:15 then yay the cleaning lady is coming at 1:30 to make the house sparkle

I will save my work on closing out last week till she is here

lol don't laugh but I always get that "what do I do while she is cleaning" weirdness. So I try to have sitting at my desk stuff to do

We finally got a tiny bit of rain I don't think it was enough to soak the potted stuff so I will probably do some hand watering

Hey I saw on the news that there are expecting a "cold front" to come through up north. Will this bring cooler temps to any of you northern ladies ?

Whats on your list for today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 06:35 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,350,775 times
Already enjoying the wonderful cooler temps and zero humidity! It feels more like spring. Got a few good showers yesterday with more on the way for Friday. I've been trying to send some down your way Karla, but Mother N is mad at me for what I said over winter!

Going to head out into the garden this morning. Need to mark where I am going to be transplanting stuff in Autumn from the front to the back. Also need to cut back a few things back. Bye, bye ugly lilac bushes. No worries, I will be replacing one with a tree in spring.

Will be walking later on too.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:37 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,335,054 times
Good morning!!

It is a beautiful sunny "cool" morning in the mountains Hubby and I are going to town after breakfast...which we eat at 11:00 He is on the phone with his mother..it's her birthday today. Today I sound like nms

Hubby told me to start planning a trip for September...woo hoo. We are going RVing We will go to Lancaster and surrounding areas(the Amish) for a few days and then we will go to Long Island to see the family. My MIL says she will have the chocolate on my pillow waiting for me

So...who has ever been to the Amish country? Any ideas and suggestions on what to see and do?

Have a great day!!

Old 08-10-2011, 06:38 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,228,611 times
Hi, there.

Exciting morning here at the NMS household already.

I thought about not walking today, but decided to get up and get off my butt. I was getting ready when I heard this noise outside and I thought it was the strays we feed. Turns out it's a little tiny voice saying "Hello??? Help me...please...." Well, the folks 2 houses away who have a beagle have company - a woman and her 2 sons, one a 3-year-old. The 3 yo is in our back yard, with the beagle. It seems he managed to get out of the house without anyone knowing and let the dog out. Luckily, whenever the dog gets out, she comes over to our house. God knows what might have happened if she had decided to follow a bunny or something. Well, I went out and asked him if he was lost and if he wanted me to help him find his mommy. He said "mom...mom...." And then I mentioned Doug (the neighbor) and he said, "No Doug...No Doug." I asked if he wanted to take my hand and he wouldn't, but he did follow me over to Doug's house. The minute he saw the car, he said, "Mom's car." Well, I took him over to the house and I pounded on that door. Neither Doug nor Mom knew he was out of the house. And to top that off, he'd done the same thing last night but didn't end up at our place. People, people, people. I've been upset about it all morning. DH says not to worry about it, but I can't help it. All sorts of things could have happened. Anyway...

Did my walk this a.m. but only did 2 miles. Man, it was muggy.

Karla, are you getting the rain?? We're having Westerly winds, which is bringing tons of moisture from the Gulf, so we've had 2 days of rain on and off all day and today's supposed to be the same.

Lots of errands to run, so I have to drop over at OOH before we go. Have a great day, all. Hugs!

Old 08-10-2011, 06:41 AM

Ooo, Lisa...there's a fairly large Amish community near my home town. It's not unusual to see the buggies riding alongside the road. Be very careful of that! You can find really good produce, baked goods and home made items like quilts, furniture, etc. I'm afraid I can't tell you about Lancaster, tho.

Have fun!

Old 08-10-2011, 07:01 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,210,919 times
Morning!

Wow Pattie I would be upset over that little guy being at my house without the mom knowing also. Seems to me someone needs to childproof their doors a little bit if young wondering kids are coming over, I mean we see the amber alerts all the time!

It is beautiful here, in the low 70's and bright blue sky. I think I am going to have a little time with the huge lilac tree here on the side of the house. I never did any cutting on it this spring but would like to begin, just hope I have some of my gardening tools accessable.

Interview went well, cold head and all, now it is in for the wait.

Oh, last night the lady next door with mild alzheimers (sp) came over and was talking (nightly thing) and while she was walking home she saw Tricia and the girls coming back from their walk, while they were talking they actually witnessed dozens of bats coming out of her (neighbor) peak of the house, and her caretaker, her oldest daughter was out for the night. Morgan said last count was 30! And Tricia and I saw a few more later on. Yuck!!!! Her son (Tricia's boss) takes care of her and her house so Tricia is going into work today to let him know his mother has tenants! Yuck, I just saw a news story on that on the local news, it will be a mess getting them out.

Gotta see if I actually feel good enough to exercise today, might just be what the doctor ordered

Have a good one all.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:03 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,194,199 times
Morning peeps!

And a beautiful morning it is here! In the 60's right now with the house wide open. Only going to be in the 70's for the next couple of days with overnight lows in the 50's.

Shadow, Mickey & I have been for a nice walk this morning. Later I have to head in to town for some supplies.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:17 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,508,554 times
While I still have the strength, today I did the avanced bootcamp workout that I did Monday I think, and a couple other times. The thing with this is she doesn't do any active recovery-in MY opinion anyway. It's bing bang BOOOM one right to the next. She is dripping in sweat at the end, so my old self doesn't feel so bad!

oh I need some food!

Pattie, you are lucky that little boy showed up there. That's insane. I am speaking from a parental perspective, thinking about all the things that could hav happened. Maybe you ought to tell that mother about the alligators that roam around there.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:11 PM

Evey, I can't wait till we can open windows here again and till we don't hear the constant drone of the A/C units. I'm definitely not looking forward to this month's electric bill.

Ladies, I left out big parts of my story. Doug (the neighbor) and the little boy's mother are "involved". Doug is a druggie who has grown and sold pot right here in the neighborhood. The mother is a full-blown alcoholic whose husband recently shot himself and is in a mental institution. Notice I did not say "ex-husband". Yeh, she's still married. She and Doug have been involved for a year now. He's gone up to see her in Maine 4 or 5 times now and is going to marry her. I hope he waits till she gets a divorce. This poor little dude has absolutely no chance with all that's going on around him. Oh, and Doug's mother tends to overdo on the sleeping pills. A neighbor and I once broke into the house and had to shake her to see if she was still alive.

Now, Doug wants to get the girlfriend/mommy into rehab. So who's going to watch the little one while she's there, huh? Sleepytime Gramma??? Oh, and remember...this is a 55+ community. He's not supposed to be here, other than as a guest for 15 days. Can't wait to see how this whole thing turns out.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:14 PM

PS - My MRI came out negative. Guess it's something I have to live with.

And more good news (yeh, right). My juror # is the last one that got called. Ain't that a hoot?? ((
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals