Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 03:47 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Yay it is Friday !!!

I got up early and have my deposits all ready to go

I am picking up my girls day friend on the way to the bank and we are going on a "I know someone has tube tops" adventure
I also want to head to the mall so we can get our walking exercise donein AC comfort

When I get home I am going to play "Fun with the insurance company"
My sister told me to check with them because when her hubby had his knee replaced they did not cover the "ice machine" and she got a bill for over $300
She also said it made a mess leaking water all over the floor
I am thinking my frozen bags of peas would work as well

I will also find out my co-pays I know there is a $500 deductible & 10% of services that I will be paying
But the insurance lady at the Dr hubby went to yesterday gave me a couple of good tips. She said to make sure the 10% is on the contracted price the Dr has with the ins company not the standard fee they bill
This could be a big difference in what I will pay

Not sure what else is on the list for today but I am sure I can find some trouble to get into

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 05:51 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,405,807 times
Good morning.

Karla-Good luck with your insurance. I hate dealing with them. It seems the prices always change. We pay cash for most things and whenever I call an office to get a price for any type of procedure no one can give me a straight answer Really...for a basic trouble free mammogram or colonscopy you can't give me a price or an estimate...Grrr!!! The whole insurance system is broken and the prices are different.

It's a cloudy yucky morning ere with lots of fog over the mountains. I need to run to town to pick up some groceries. My step grandson is coming over later for pool and pizza. He seemed to really like the pool table last time he was here. I figure it's better than his video games I'm thinking about making French Bread pizza so it will be really quick and easy for me. Hey I want to play pool also BTW, hubby won one game yesterday and I kicked his butt on the second game.

Have a great day!!

Old 08-19-2011, 06:09 AM

Lisa I want to come play pool !!!

Well that was a fun call to the ins company
They don't have the contracted price because I need to get the "codes" from the Dr office first
There is a separate company that handles the"equipment" so I am sure I will need the code for the ice machine before I call them

She did say that with the equipment it also falls under the $500 deductible and which ever gets billed first will have the deductible deducted

Why do I have a feeling I will pay the deductible at the time of the surgery and then if I get the ice thingy they too will deduct the deductible.
This is going to be a billing nightmare
Also I got a letter yesterday from the Ins company saying they have a pending claim for my PT and before they can process it they need to see if it is from a Auto accident & if I have any other insurance
So when I mentioned this to the ins lady she said they have quite a few pending claims and the letters just went out
I said " I told you guys 4 months ago I have no other insurance"
and none of the claims are from a auto accident

Looks to me like they look for someone else to pay the bill so they don't have to

lol and as long as I am venting today is payday and when I looked at the deposit it was $200 short so I had hubby look at the online paystub
Well remember a couple weeks ago I mentioned he had gotten an award at work and they gave him a $750 visa gift card
Well guess what they taxed him on it to the tune of $200
Why didn't they just do a check and take the taxes out before sending it to him.
The gift card is not money in the bank you can't pay bills with a gift card
Hey lol I should use the visa gift card to cover the deductible & copays on Thursday

Old 08-19-2011, 06:32 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,809 times
I would Karla! I dislike insurance companies, since moving all around I have had quite a few and the best coverage I have ever had was with the second insurance company that Legal Services went with. Everything was in black and white and there was no playing around like you get with BC/BS. We have BC/BS right now and I actually have to take a phyisical sheet to the doctor's office and have all sorts of tests done and then the doctor has to mail it out to the insurance company, if we pass we will not have to pay more for our insurance, if we fail the exclusive (instead of standard) policy is off limits to us. Heck I signed up for the standard because it was the cheaper of the two and at this point we could not afford the exclusive Talk about insurance being screwed up!

Anyway off that rant, today I do have my doctor's appointment. I am going to be lazy today besides that appointment and sit outside and read. My appointment is at 1:30 so I can shower up and head out about 1. Then afterwards I must pick up a few items at the store that I did not get at Meijer yesterday. I think Bob is off for the whole weekend this week so maybe we can go out for dinner. We have not done that in a long time, Rockford has a real nice downtown in it, we have small shops and a few restaurants that are wonderful. Might just have to do that!

Best get and at least see if there is something in the job world that I have not seen yet. Only on my first cup of coffee and I think I am rambling

Old 08-19-2011, 07:15 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
Good morning, all.

Did my 3 miles this morning...felt good. Wasn't a really hot and humid morning for a change, but still on the sticky side.

Our new dentist yesterday actually gave us a $75 discount. I think he felt bad about all the stuff hubby's had to go thru! He wasn't real happy with me yesterday. You see, I don't do the same routine he does with his teeth. He flosses at night, just before bedtime. I do it in the a.m., while I'm still lying in bed, watching the news. He says my way is screwed up. Well, he may be right, but they took him in for his cleaning 10 min. before they took me in and I got out about 5 minutes before he did. And they told me my teeth were in great shape and hardly needed cleaning at all. He was jealous! Then he went back in for those fragments. This dentist is not on our preferred list, so God only knows what we'll get back from insurance.

Karla, they had a sling-type thing for me that had a pouch you froze and then inserted into the sling and then wore that for about 1/2 hour - I'm pretty sure my ins. covered it. And it's a lot cheaper than a stupid leaking machine. Ask about that.

Washer's singing..gotta go hang out load #1.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:21 AM

Pattie I floss on the sofa at night while watching TV hubby does too sometimes

I am going to ask about the "pouch sling" hmm I wonder if the sling is covered
Just got a bill for $40 for the elbow support strap they gave me 3 weeks ago
Seems thats not covered interesting how the ortho supply guy who just happened to be in the office when I got it said it was

Lisa what is even scarier is the ins folks in the Drs office don't have a clue
They first told us hubby had to pay the $500 co pay. I knew it was necessary because it was an office procedure then she called me back and what do you know

Oh and when I called to check on my copays the ins lady said the request came through for arthroscope biopsy
They told me it was a mini open
So I am going to ask them at ortho doc office when she calls me back

Maybe they start with that until they get inside and see the extent of the repairs

Hey at least by the time this is done I may be able to add "ins expert" to my resume

Old 08-19-2011, 07:37 AM

Karla, they never call it the same thing twice. Unbelievable.

Oh, I don't know, but I wouldn't think the bag o' peas would work - don't they thaw out quickly?? Believe me, I used to look forward to that ice pouch. It was a very good friend.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:40 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,244,197 times
Morning peeps!

I have just crawled out of bed. My shift does not start until 1:00 this afternoon. Good thing, I passed out on the couch last night and slept for just about 12 hours.

I have just made some tea and after I drink it I will get dressed and take Shadow for a nice, long walk.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:48 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,959,151 times
Okay guys, I think I have this figured out now. I went ahead and posted my doings on the same ol' Monday thread. Sorry. That's what happens to a newbie who doesn't pay attention. Forgive me?

I just came home from a sleep-over at the grandkids' house. Mom and Dad went to a ball game out of town, hit a rain delay, and didn't get home 'til 3AM.

I haven't walked yet and I better shake my tail feathers if I'm going to do it before it gets too hot.

I do have a couple of bills to pay and a bathroom to clean. Other than that, it looks like my exercise will consist of clicking the next page button on my Kindle. LOL

I worked on insurances when I was OM for a physician group and believe me, the reps either a.) don't know the answers, or b.) avoid telling you what they know so you'll go away. Since it was my job, I had time to continue to push for an answer or for additional payments. (I usually won)

Old 08-19-2011, 08:41 AM

No problem, TG. One of us does that every so often.

I would guess that, most often, it's choice b). The minute you say the word insurance, no matter which kind, my eyes just glaze over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals