Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 04:36 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

Good morning ladies

I am going to be squeezing the next 7 days into 3

lol I even made a "to do" list so I don't forget anything

This morning I have to run down to the surgery center for the pre-op thingy

Today is our 4 -5 hour "back to school" meeting starts at 9 and my apt is at 10
I was going to go after but with so much to get done today I have a feeling I am not going to be able to fit it in.

Also keeping an eye on the hurricane though they say they won't have a firm idea of it's path until early tomorrow morning once it has gone over the mountains of Hatti
But if it follows the path they have now it will go past us they are just not sure how close it will get

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 04:48 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
Morning all!

I'm going to post and then get out with Max, I seem to walk faster with him so I will wait for him to get his little self up for our outing. Then I will look for the yoga exercise on tv I seem to be getting some of the hang of it and kinda like it. I like to do the yoga a few times a week and then throw in a mild cardio work out.

I've got to drop off the salsa over to Kim's and also the hot water canner, she is going to make peaches now. I like peaches but prefer the frozen method on them, they taste fresher to me.

I've also found about 10 jobs to look at this morning, hence getting up at 6:15. I find them and then e-mail them to me so I can look over duties, qualifications, etc and see if it would be a good fit. I should have that done by 9:00 so then I can call some of the places I have not heard from and see if they are interviewing yet.

That is my Monday. I'll stop back later to see what everyone is up to!

Karla are you getting cold feet?

Old 08-22-2011, 05:25 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Morning peeps!

What a beautiful morning here! 52 degrees, on the way into the upper 70's today. It is August, isn't it?

Shadow & I have been for a quick hunt this morning. There is much dew on the grass and someone did not want to get her toes wet....

I got called in to cover someone's shift today, so in a few minutes I will head in to work.

We are having our next show on 9/17. I am thinking I have only ridden once since the last show, so I expect I will need to motivate myself to ride one of these days. *sighs* I thought living across the street I might get to ride more, but it has not worked out that way. In my defense, first I was moving then it was beastly hot then I started a job. Hopefully I can get into a routine here soon.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:53 AM

lol Sandy I don't think I have time to get cold feet
This hurricane better not speed up because the Surgery place is at the beach and if it passes by a day earlier it could close things down.

Evey I am very jealous of your weather
lol I was looking at the 7 day forecast and got excited that it is only suppose to be 88/89 this coming weekend

Old 08-22-2011, 06:54 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Hi, gang.

Walked 3 miles this a.m. Muggy this a.m. I think I had dew on my arms!

Anyway...keeping a close eye on Irene. I'm hoping she goes east of Karla and us, too. As far as I can tell, we'll get some effects, but Karla's more in its projected path than we are. With hurricanes, tho, you never know.

Off to BJ's. Gotta stock up on water............

Old 08-22-2011, 07:02 AM

Back from the walk and from 10 jobs I found last night I can only apply/send out resumes to 4. Not bad though. I did find some for Bob tho.........he still has not heard any word if this will turn into permant so we are not waiting until his contract is up to hear "see you in 3 or 4 months", so onto looking. Problem is he is not trained in Litho printing and most of the positions here are that and not heat web

Old 08-22-2011, 07:02 AM

I just looked at the latest forecast track that came out around 8 it looks like now they have her on a more easterly track and it is more out over the ocean

oh I forgot the workers arrive this morning to start the garage drywall demo

rofl I am filling out the pre-op paperwork
hmmm should I mess with them and check yes on the what I presume is the mens section

Old 08-22-2011, 07:24 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Now, Karla.....don't be messin' with the doctors....they can mess with you worse!

The 9 a.m. update was good, too. There's still one track (according to the local weather guy) that wants to visit SW Fl.

Sandy, keep on hanging in there, lady.

Evey, how's the job going? Are you getting used to the hours and the standing on your feet yet?

Old 08-22-2011, 07:41 AM

I'm hanging, figure out God has a wonderful job out there for me, the company just does not know that tho.

What I see is it is going right through FL, guess you guys get better coverage tho. Much better year down there than about 8 or 9 years ago when FL got battered right and left.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:07 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,952,121 times
I have laundry on the line, blowing gently in 74 degrees under a warm sun. It might even go down to the 40's tonight.

Did my walk early and up-and-down the steps to the washer counts as exercise, too, right?

Sending good mo-jo to you Florida people that Irene stays at sea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals